XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210129] [Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5] (**LATEST**)  (Read 27713 times)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This BETA firmware enables:
● Support for Xbox Series X/S controllers on both Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One consoles.
● Support for PlayStation 5 through a limited set of PlayStation 4 3rd party controllers.

Changes since last BETA:
Added support for Nacon Compact PS4 Controller for PS5

Xbox Series X/S Requirements
Xbox has released a patch to address the spontaneous console shutdowns experienced by various community members. This Beta drop is designed to work with this new update. You may need to force your Xbox to download the update:

Go to Settings on your Xbox Series X/S, then, System and then Updates and make sure you are current.

When creating Configs for your Xbox Series X/S, select Xbox One in Manager as the console.

PlayStation 5 Requirements
Unlike support for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 where you use a DS4 and DS3 respectively as your console controller on your XIM APEX, PlayStation 5 support requires the use of specific 3rd party PlayStation 4 controllers (not a DS5, DS4, or DS3 controller).

Most PS4 3rd party controller should work, however, the following controllers have been tested and known to work (remember to plug into port "..." on your hub):

@play Wired Compact
Horipad 4 FPS
Hori Fighting Commander
Hori Mini Gamepad (*)
Mad Catz SFV Arcade Fightstick Alpha
Mad Catz TE2
Nacon Pro Revolution V1/2/3
Nacon Compact Controller
Razer Raiju
Vivitar LVLUP Gaming

(*) Requires the controller be connected to your hub after your XIM has been connected to your console and initialized.

If you try a different 3rd party controller, please let us know how it works so we can keep this list current. We will work to add support for non-functioning 3rd party controllers if we can.

When creating Configs for your PlayStation 5, select PlayStation 4 in Manager as the console.

FEEDBACK: Please help us test this new support and provide feedback here (even if you are gaming on an Xbox One or PlayStation 4).

You can use any version of Manager with this firmware build.

XIM APEX Firmware

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20210129 for PC
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86/x64

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20210129 for Mac
macOS 10.11 or higher

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes
« Last Edit: 07:28 PM - 02/21/21 by OBsIV »
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline NatalieX

• View Profile
Is there any point in me updating to this firmware if I donít have the new Xbox or PS5?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Is there any point in me updating to this firmware if I donít have the new Xbox or PS5?

Yes, please. We are trying to get this firmware to the point so we can release it as our next retail build. So, it needs coverage by every setup.

Offline NatalieX

• View Profile

Yes, please. We are trying to get this firmware to the point so we can release it as our next retail build. So, it needs coverage by every setup.

Awesome Iíll update now.

Offline blademan

• View Profile
Hori Mini Gamepad:
- requires unplug and replug into Apex. No biggie, I've been doing that for 4 yrs with the XIM4.
- Audio doesn't work out of the Mini Gamepad. If you don't use the gampad for audio, it's ok? I use a USB wireless headset with my PS4P, or HDMI audio out of the PS4P.
- Touchpad is sketchy? I map that to a keyboard button, so a non-issue. Right?

Understood that official XIM support is dependent on Sony approving 3rd party controllers.

Anything else I'm missing/wrong?

Offline darkleos012345

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TR-BoZKurT-CcC
Hi
Any other changes for the PS5 except the controller?
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Logitech G POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Mouse Pad
3.200 DPI
GameSir Z1 CERRY MX RED KEYBOARD

MSI Optix MAG272C Curved Gaming Monitor
PLAYSTATION 5

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
Right click to save link as   before someone ask why it's not downloading

Offline Urizuku

• Future Legend
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Urizuku
Even though i knew it was going to happen, but it was worth a shot but the Scuf Vantage still has the same problem.

Offline sicKENasty

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: sicKENasty
  • PSN ID: sicKENasty
Hello,

I wanted to confirm my usage of the Xim Apex on the PS5.

I am using PS5 Disc based system, Xim Apex, Hori Mini Wired Gamepad (red), G502, and a Razer Tartarus Pro.

I am using a USB extension cable for the Xim to keep it near my couch.  I make sure the Hori gamepad is not plugged in and then turn on the PS5 at the console.  Once I see the ďpress PS logoĒ to turn on a controller I plug in the Hori.

Select the user using the Razer and away I go.  So far I have not had any issues since I got the Hori from Amazon.  I have played for 8 hours strait with no disconnects or resets.

Thanks.

Hope this helps.

sicKENasty - PSN, XBox live, Steam

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Even though i knew it was going to happen, but it was worth a shot but the Scuf Vantage still has the same problem.

Sorry, looks like we are going to have to pick one of these controllers up unfortunately to see why it's not working.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Returned the Hori Minipad & picked up the Nacon Compact today.

Can confirm it works without the need to unplug and plug back into the USB Hub like I had too with the Hori Minipad :D
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks He4DHuNt3r. :)

Offline HoltKezed

• View Profile
Thanks He4DHuNt3r. :)
Indeed thanks He4DHuNt3r for confirming the Nacon Compact works

Hello there OBsiV !!!

Sorry asking again, not sure you even read my question,
Are there any plans to extend touchpad keybinding functionality to have at least different keys for left/right touch click?

Most of the new titles have been settled on that standard and the Xim4 and Apex's PS4 keybind for Touchpad simply doesn't work when it expects a positional click, it's a useless button for many games now!!

Also, it would make it so much easier for people like me, with accessibility issues, i.e.: no fingers in my right hand..

If there is no more touchpad functionality planned, it's ok too.

I'll have to let go of the mouse to use the touchpad, but I'll at least change from the Hori Mini to the Nacon Compact because the Nacon actually has a touchpad, I rushed to buy a Hori Mini to play Demon's Souls on the PS5 that I didn't even realized Hori Mini's weird approach as "use analog sticks as your touchpad" before I had it with me and tried to use it. It's terribly impractical.

In any case, THANK YOU for not giving up on tinkering the XIM Apex for the PS5,
It's a great service you do to people with disabilities like mine, be it born without fingers or unable to move a side of their bodies properly.

I was part of Razer's Left Handed Naga mouse campaigns in 2013 and 2020 and now I can plug it and use with all consoles, it's surreal!! Watch the video below if you feel curious, I'm the "Diablo 2" guy 22 seconds into the video.

You guys at Xim Tech do God's work, man.
Before I had a Xim 4 and played Demon Souls in a PS3 with it, I thought I was destined never play the console exclusives... not only you guys gave me the means, you gave me hope!!

Thank you!!!

I'm the "Diablo 2" guy 22s into the video :D

Offline shthappensbro

• View Profile
Does this add support for the logitech charging pad 🤔

Offline Raphsen55

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BTG_Raphsen
Helle,

the Micro for Razer Raiju ist still Not working. The Rest works Fine.

Thx

Admin