XIM Community

PS5 & XIM Apex - use the Hori Fighting Commander for flawless performance  (Read 3298 times)

Offline InstantCoffee

• View Profile
@mods - look, I know this topic isnít anything different than whatís available in the beta topic, but it seems like a lot of people donít want to read through the 30+ pages of comments (or the first one, sometimes).   

If youíre looking to use an apex with the beta firmware and a ps5, make the (relatively) small investment for the fighting commander controller.  Iíve been using one since a few days after the beta firmware came out and it has given me literally no trouble.     

The performance in-game is exactly like it was on the ps4, and Iíve used it in ps4 games  (battlefield v) and ps5 games (bl3, destiny 2, rainbow 6).     

Save yourself the aggravation or trying to deal with some of the other controllers and jump straight to this one and get gaming!   

P.s. no, I have no affiliation with hori.
« Last Edit: 08:56 AM - 01/28/21 by InstantCoffee »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks for the compatibility report!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline InstantCoffee

• View Profile
Itís been on the list for a while - it just seems a lot of posters donít see the list in the beta firmware post!

Offline Shulk

• View Profile
I just received my Hori Fighting Commander on on the latest Beta firmware I've had a few freezes where all my controls stop working until i unplug the Xim and replug it.  Previously my DS4 was working fine on PS5 with PS4 games or via Remote Play for PS5 games and the only difference I've made is the Fighting Commander.

Will have to keep testing it out to see if it keeps happening

Edit:

I should say I'm not using the hub that came with the Apex but a USB2.0 Belkin hub that has worked flawlessly in the past for Xim Apex on PS4 and PS5
« Last Edit: 06:30 AM - 02/02/21 by Shulk »

Offline Shulk

• View Profile
just an update and it seems the USB hub that came with the APEX has made the Fighting commander work perfectly now.

so go ahead guys and get this controller if you want perfect PS5 XIM apex support

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Apparently the Nacon PS4 Wired Compact Controller is set and forget too. I finally snagged a PS5 last night and will test the Nacon today.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CallouS
Apparently the Nacon PS4 Wired Compact Controller is set and forget too. I finally snagged a PS5 last night and will test the Nacon today.
this is exactly the answer I was looking for I have the controller still in its packaging because I wasn't sure if it was just plug and play please let me know if it is. I'm in the process of downloading call of duty cold War ps5 version and was scared it wouldn't work will test it out also later today please also keep me posted with your results

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
What are the issues with the other controllers? Is this supposed to be better than the Hori Minipad?

I am just trying to get the Minipad working now (but still downloading Call of Duty updates). The PS5 recognises the Minipad through the Apex but I noticed straight away that it isn't recognising the joystick on the Logitech G13 to navigate the main menu like it did with the PS4.

Is this supposed to work in the same way as it did with the PS4 or are there going to be various issues (if so, what are they?)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The Hori Mini has to be connected to the XIM after its running, only then it will perfectly authenticate with the PS5. With other controllers this doesnt have to be done, you just have to turn on the console and everything works straight away.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thank you - yes, I managed to work this one out. :)

On a different note - do you know when Smart Translators for PS5 might come out?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
So far no PS5 game has used a different aiming mechanic than their PS4 counterpart, and since the benefits of the PS5 such as better framerates dont affect the ST you can just use the PS4 profile :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Sealith

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Sealith86
I used nacon compact Controller. When i start the ps5 sometimes i must restart that the Controller works with the apex 🤷‍♂️

Offline mcfartface

• View Profile
With this exact setup, anybody having issues with the mouse reverting to a lower rotational movement translation?

e.g.  if you move the mouse 3 inches to the left with your current gain setting, you get 90 degrees of rotation to the left.  At random times, the same 3 inches of mouse movement will get 45 degrees of rotation to the left.  Sometimes replugging and plugging the apex back in fixes the issue.   Re-saving settings (with a minor change) thru the apex manager, does not fix it.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Hey,

this sounds like your mouse dropped its DPI level or you move the mouse faster than the maximum turnspeed of the game.
Maybe the mouse has DPI buttons that you clicked, or it has a certain button-press sequence than when clicked will change the DPI value. Id recommend to check the mouse manual for that to double check if that is the case.

You can also try it in different games or with a brand new XIM config @ no changes to verify that its not your XIM settings.

Offline KeyboardWarri0r

• View Profile
Just registered to say thanks. Going to buy this as soon as I can find it in stock somewhere in the EU to use with my PS5. I absolutely cannot use a controller with Battlefield 1 and I don't even know where to begin in setting the settings to get it working even half decently...

Admin