XIM Community

[Q/A] Flashing the Firmware  (Read 197 times)

Offline SteveBee62

• View Profile
[Q/A] Flashing the Firmware
« on: 10:57 AM - 01/19/21 »
Apologies in advance, I am a complete newbie and so may not understand technical jargon.

I have today purchased and received an Xim Apex to allow me to configure and use a joystick/keyboard/mouse due to disabilities preventing me from using a conventional controller.

I currently have the XIM plugged into my PC at the moment but will be using it on an xbox series x.

I have installed the XIM app on my phone and my PC (used NOX EMULATOR on PC to install the APK file)

Plugged the adaptor into my PC - Steady slow red blink
Connected to it fine on my phone, checked the manager & firmware version
Manager Version: 5.00.20190719
Firmware Version: 5.0020180402

Plugged adapter into PC whilst pressing the button - Solid blue light
Tried connecting using phone and emulator and pressing connect in the manager app but both say bluetooth not enabled.

The current firmware appears to be out of date and i cannot find an option to flash or download a flash tool,

Am i missing something completely obvious, Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 11:03 AM - 01/19/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Flashing the Firmware
« Reply #1 on: 11:02 AM - 01/19/21 »
Welcome to the community. Manager isn't needed to use the flash tool. APEX only needs to be solid blue before running the correct version of the flash tool then choosing update. You will want to use the latest beta firmware that includes the latest support for the new XS.

If you would like to test our latest beta please visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download pages. Feedback in the beta section of the forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta

-

I recommend watching the instructional videos. The start video goes over general setup and use, including paring. There is a separate video specific to firmware updates.

http://xim.tech/start
Updating the firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlwNXl-ZGw
http://xim.tech/instructional
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline SteveBee62

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Flashing the Firmware
« Reply #2 on: 11:19 AM - 01/19/21 »
Thank you for trying to assist.
I did view the videos etc before i posted.

I ommited to mention the bit where i am clicking on the flash firmware tool but the screen just does a brief flash and nothing appears to download, i just remain at the same Beta Firmware page.

Offline SteveBee62

• View Profile
Re: Flashing the Firmware
« Reply #3 on: 11:52 AM - 01/19/21 »
Welcome to the community. Manager isn't needed to use the flash tool. APEX only needs to be solid blue before running the correct version of the flash tool then choosing update. You will want to use the latest beta firmware that includes the latest support for the new XS.

I have managed to download the flash tool by using a different browser.
I have the Xim Apex plugged in to my PC and have a solid blue light and nothing attached, The issue now is when i press upgrade firmware it tells me the xim is not connected.

Offline SteveBee62

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:24 PM - 01/19/21 »
Eventually managed to flash to the current Beta Firmware.
Will see how i get on once i have linked it up to the xbox and controllers.
Thankyou for the advice

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:43 PM - 01/19/21 »
I'm sorry to read about your troubles but glad that you've managed to get past them. If you run into other problems please let us know.

About the download not starting and needing to use another browser. You may need to right click and choose the equivalent of your browser's 'save link as'.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 02:51 PM - 01/12/22 »
Why would you need a micro-SD card to download the XIM firmware? It most definitely is not required.

XIM firmware updates can only be run from PC or Mac, in which case download to your Downloads or Desktop folder and run from there.

The file format on PC is .exe and .app on Mac, not RAR. What file are you trying to download and from where?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin