XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim Apex Can someone help  (Read 381 times)

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FREAKIAiM
[ACTIVE] Xim Apex Can someone help
« on: 11:25 PM - 01/14/21 »
I just bought this xim apex and Iíve tried looking up videos and making it work but nothing works, everytime I plug everything in the right spot it flashes white twice and connects my mouse and keyboard but not my controller and Iíve tried hard rebooting my Xbox and nothing has worked
« Last Edit: 10:24 AM - 01/15/21 by mist4fun »

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
Xim Apex
« Reply #1 on: 10:14 AM - 01/15/21 »
When I plug in my xim apex it flashes all the colors and then flashes white 4 times and connects my keyboard and mouse but not my controller and when I unplug it and try to plug it in but push the button itíll flash green 4 times and not connect anything

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex Can someone help
« Reply #2 on: 10:24 AM - 01/15/21 »
Welcome to the community. There's more than one cause for this but it's usually setup related and can be fixed. To help fix the problem can you please go through the list linked below and share the results from each step? This may also resolve the issue.

Some of the results will pass assuming that your non-XIM devices are working normally. If it does not resolve the problem then we can use the combined results from each numbered step to find a solution.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=61565.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
Xim Apex
« Reply #3 on: 01:21 PM - 01/15/21 »
Iíve spent hours and hours trying every possible way to fix this and nothing has worked Iíve tired different cords and Iíve tried different controllers and I tried my other Xbox and absolutely nothing has worked my controller wonít connect to the app and it wonít recognize it everything else has connected but my controller wonít I donít know what else to do

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex Can someone help
« Reply #4 on: 01:28 PM - 01/15/21 »
We can check if the controller is authenticating by itself, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. To do this, please remove APEX and then disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Reconnect APEX to the console with only the controller connected to the hub while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare data cables please test other data cables with the controller.

If it does show four green lights then attach the mouse only, test in a game and please share results.
« Last Edit: 05:37 PM - 01/15/21 by mist4fun »

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:16 PM - 01/15/21 »
It showed the different colors when first plugged in but then goes straight to blinking red

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:04 PM - 01/15/21 »
It doesnít show the green lights when itís plugged in it shows the red,blue and other lights and then starts to slowly flash red but when I plug it in and push the button on the apex it flashes the green lights 4 times but doesnít connect me on the app and doesnít connect anything

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:39 PM - 01/15/21 »
The lights you mention from pressing the button are not related to the controller. About your comment of not connecting on the app, are you able to load Manager and edit a config?

Without 4 green lights we will need to remove the hub to see if this happens with the controller directly connected to APEX. Earlier I suggested testing other data cables with the controller. It may take a few tries before finding a cable that works with your controller.

Has this XIM worked with this set of hardware in the past?

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:49 PM - 01/15/21 »
I put my game and Xbox and connect it but it only connects my mouse and keyboard but not my controller and yes Iíve tried different cables and controllers and Xboxís i know Iím doing something wrong but Iím not sure which step Iím missing or what I havenít done yet, I plug everything into place and plug my apex into my Xbox and itís flashes all colors and when I go onto my app on my phone and connect everything it only connects mnk and not controller and blinks red

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:05 PM - 01/15/21 »
Thanks, that makes sense.

Could you please share which Xbox version are you using, is it a new Series S or Series X? If so these new consoles are supported in the latest beta firmware.

If you would like to test our latest beta please visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download pages. Feedback in the beta section of the forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:14 PM - 01/15/21 »
Yes I have the new Xbox X and I looked through my Xboxís update and it said everything is up to date on it so Iím not sure

Offline Freakiaim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:20 PM - 01/15/21 »
But even when I plugged the apex into my older Xbox s it does the exact same thing so I know Iím either missing something or doing something wrong

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:22 AM - 01/18/21 »
Yes I have the new Xbox X and I looked through my Xboxís update and it said everything is up to date on it so Iím not sure

This is a XIM firmware update, it's not related to your Xbox software version or the XIM Manager software.

-

Both Xbox One X/S and Xbox Series X/S had their generation of controller support added later. It's possible this is the cause so I recommend updating to the beta firmware before trying anything else.

Admin