XIM Community

Sony NAV Alternatives?  (Read 337 times)

Offline Hudster2001

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hudster70
Sony NAV Alternatives?
« on: 10:36 AM - 01/14/21 »
I like to play with the sony nav and a mouse. I used to play with a Grifta, but was worried about getting my muscle memory dialled in then not being able to find a replacement if anything happened to it, so switched to a NAV controller.
My problem with the nav controllers are they getting harder and harder to find new, without paying a fortune, 30 on ebay, the last couple I bought were second hand, and tbh, they weren't good, the thumbsticks had quite a bit of wear, and they didn't last too long
So I'm looking for a sony NAV alternative, ideally, something widely available with a few more buttons than the sony nav controller would be great.
Any ideas from anyone?

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
Re: Sony NAV Alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: 11:16 AM - 01/14/21 »
Yes there is, the Wii Chuck, i use a ADAP-1X-WUSBMOTE_V3, its adapter allows 1ms polling rate and its wired, faster than Navigation controller but doesnt have the directional pad.

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:36 AM - 01/15/21 »
If you're looking for something that's a nunchuck like the Nav then there's the Joy Cons or Nyko Dualies. 

You can also use a Dualshock 3/Sixaxis in your left hand. They connect wirelessly just like the Nav.  I'm a Nav user myself but I'll use my Sixaxis sometimes if I'm playing a game where I need a few extra buttons.  For example, when I played Destiny 1 or 2 I would map Super to R2 on the Sixaxis and then hit it by pressing the trigger against my thigh.  If you do go this route then I suggest the Sixaxis (if you can find one) over the Dualshock 3 because the Sixaxis doesn't have rumble and is therefore much, much lighter weight.  It actually might even be lighter than the Nav.
XIM Apex | PS5 | Qanba Pearl | GPW | PS Nav | PS GWH

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:20 AM - 01/15/21 »
Azeron Compact.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:31 AM - 01/15/21 »
Interesting, I was not aware of joycons were supported. i guess i should be more active around here. :)

I wonder if the hori switch split pad pro would work. it seems more ergonomic and a few extra buttons...

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:51 AM - 01/15/21 »
Interesting, I was not aware of joycons were supported. i guess i should be more active around here. :)

I wonder if the hori switch split pad pro would work. it seems more ergonomic and a few extra buttons...

Nevermind the hori split pad has no internal battery or bluetooth, pffffft what a ripoff, 50 dollars.