XIM Community

Need ADS analog Axis Percentage Cap in Beta (repost) (put in the firmware beta?)  (Read 339 times)

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
Input Translators have issues when reaching maximum sensivity. Once one Axis goes 100%, the other Axis keeps going up. Come on, can anyone reach out to me about implementing this in a beta? I want  a "Max X analog Percentage" and "Max Y Percentage" Give me this and I'll release good shared input translators for Apex Legends, Destiny 2, COD. I'll prove how viable this is. Can someone contact the firmware programmers?? Axis percentage need a cap like to never go past 75% on the Y Axis for example on ADS or Auxiliary. I can't fix Destiny 2's Horizonal Axis without ruining the vertical Axis. This would fix that game's translator, as you can see posts all over the place about problems with turn speed in Destiny 2. (this is my repost here)

Offline SwxftGodz

• 800/3200 dpi.Accuracy is Key
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: SwxftGodz
What firmware and your manager is on bro you seem to be going through a lot of problem? Also what mouse do you run along with dpi/hz and your xim hz! Another question as well what other games do you play and do you notice on all of them?
SwxftGodz

Offline Apophis Max

• Better every day
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Apophis Max
Hi,  I have noticed that I constantly have to chose between being accurate or being fast.  The real issue is that once I exceed the max turn speed set by the console (Xbox Destiny 2 in my case) my movement slows down.  I suspect the Xim-to-Xbox movement communication packets/info are being ignored.  Your suggestion of capping the max Xim movement output would solve that issue.
  Now, I don't have any insight into the algorithm that Xim uses and I'm sure that is proprietary.  I suspect a lot of my issues reside in the details of the math for treating the ballistic curve.  Specifically 2 points, where and how are the limits for x-axis and y-axis set, and does the algorithm extrapolate past the x-max or holds max y value?
  Over the next week or 2 I can do some testing with Xim settings to see if I can see if the ballistic curve is the last logical block before the Xim info goes to the console.
  Just curious if you got hold of a developer to detail your request.

Thanks.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Have you tried YX ratio? Its purpose is to provide more, or less, X or Y axis movement relative to the other axis.

Moving your hand faster than the max turn speed will result in fast turns being registered for a shorter period of time, resulting in a sluggish turn. Move your hand slower or reduce Sensitivity.

If you want to adjust the max turn speed, cut the top of a Ballistic Curve off at about 90%.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Apophis Max

• Better every day
    • View Profile
@antithesis
I have been running 1.0 y/x ratio.  In the past I've run as low as 0.5, but that works poorly in close combat against airborne targets (PVE or PVP), so I returned to 1.0.
As far as ballistic curve, is capping the y axis at 90-95% the same as limiting the Xim-to-Xbox output to 90-95% of controller analog maximum?
But if it isn't then I'd put in on the wishlist for the next firmware release. 
Speaking of wishlist, is there a forum section for that?  I looked unsuccessfully.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
As far as ballistic curve, is capping the y axis at 90-95% the same as limiting the Xim-to-Xbox output to 90-95% of controller analog maximum?
Yes. You're capping an already capped max turn speed, but can remove velocity jumps by doing so. This can result in more predictable turning in some games.

Going to 0.75 to 0.5 can help maintain to fast turn control in HIP. For ADS, it's better in the region of 1.25 to 1.5 for aerial tracking in Destiny. A high YX ratio can also help with recoil control.

The single best thing to do for Destiny 2 is to slot Traction onto boots. This significantly reduces the weightiness of turning in HIP, especially when sprinting.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Apophis Max

• Better every day
    • View Profile
Yes. You're capping an already capped max turn speed, but can remove velocity jumps by doing so. This can result in more predictable turning in some games.

Going to 0.75 to 0.5 can help maintain to fast turn control in HIP. For ADS, it's better in the region of 1.25 to 1.5 for aerial tracking in Destiny. A high YX ratio can also help with recoil control.

The single best thing to do for Destiny 2 is to slot Traction onto boots. This significantly reduces the weightiness of turning in HIP, especially when sprinting.
@antithesis
Thank you for your reply.

Back to front: yes, completely agree with adding TRACTION.  Make a big in-game difference, probably increases max turn rate. (I can try to quantify that)
Y/X ratios:  you're making excellent points, will experiment with those some more.  I never thought of separating HIP and ADS Y/X ratios.
Ballistic Curve:  I think and will investigate that my Xim-to-XBox movement speed exceeds max allowed by Xbox.  Do you know how the max speed blinking light on the XIM is triggered?  Is it internal to XIM algo or responding to Xbox rejecting the massage that contains the over-max value?
Just trying to understand the ST. 

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Smart Translators capture the max turn speed as part of the creation process. It takes at least 24 hours per viewport (HIP & ADS) to record the look mechanics along all vectors. When the XIM blinks red, it's to indicate that you've hit the max turn speed of the Smart Translator, which should accurately reflect the right analog stick's 100% velocity.

The difference between console & PC look mechanics is console measures velocity whereas PC measures distance.
When you flick your mouse in a PC game, the look mechanics will register the travel distance, regardless of mouse speed. However, when you flick a mouse in a console game, the game will register the movement at 100% velocity for a short period of time resulting in a smaller turn. Think of it as how long the stick is pegged on a controller - the longer the time, the further the turn.

There is no overmax value, it can only ever be 0-100% of the game's turn speed. If your hand speed exceeds 100% velocity, all movement beyond that point is ignored by the XIM.

Long story short - learn to slow your hand movement down a bit to ride the red light.

Offline Apophis Max

• Better every day
    • View Profile
@antithesis
Thanks again for the explanation.  It's a good look under the hood of the ST algo.
Are you saying that there is also a learning portion of the ST?  (not just static gains) Also, how is it reset? 
It still seems like the turn speed movement slows down once I exceed some mouse speed.  Is it that the movement is ignored above a certain speed?  That part of the algo might still need additional work.  The position the mouse moved above the max speed should just be capped at max speed.

Again, thank you for replying.

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
X/Y Ratio is a very bad suggestion. Destiny 2 is based on aim acceleration and counter acceleration. Xim Developers making a big mistakes paying attention to the deadzone shape, and not realizing the Outer stick zone is influencing the deadzone, so you have to look at the Oval shape of the analog stick and shrink it down to a circle and cap the axis. X/Y ratio useless without axis capping

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
Xim Apex Destiny 2 Beta Features Desired
« Reply #10 on: 12:19 AM - 03/05/21 »
The problem I see is the Xim Devlopers know the deadzone, but they don't stand outer stick threshold and how that oval shape is actually what is shapping the deadzone. Xim developers are looking too much at or near the deadzone. What they need to do is understand that some users flick their wirst and momentary hit the 100% limit of the Axis. X/Y Ratio is currently useless because it cant be shaped into a circle by an Axis cap. Some developers have native ingame Axis in the shape of an oval. won't ever help unless Xim Developers create an oval that can clip off the axis y or axis x.

Admin