XIM Community

Rapid Fire Mouse  (Read 374 times)

Offline PHooLy

• View Profile
Rapid Fire Mouse
« on: 07:19 AM - 01/13/21 »
I've been researching the forums for rapid fire options with the Xim Apex. From my results, it seems you can use a Cronus, a Titan, or a mouse with on-board memory. I prefer not to buy a Cronus or a Titan and would like to use a mouse that has rapid fire. I've personally tried the Logitech G703, 502, 403, and the Razer Deathadder. They don't work when using it through Xim on console. They have on-board memory but only support basic keystroke macros not rapid fire.

So, my question is, what mice actually support on-board rapid fire macros?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Rapid Fire Mouse
« Reply #1 on: 07:32 AM - 01/13/21 »
Bloody Mice.

By the way, Cronus devices don't work properly with XIM APEX set higher than 250Hz (4ms), nor are XIM devices officially supported, so it's hit and miss.

Cronus Zen's processing loop maxes out at 4.5ms and Gamepacks are set to 10ms by default, which is worse performance than previous generations. Titan Two fully supports XIM APEX at all Response Rates and runs at sub-1ms speeds.

Cronus is hostile towards XIM because (laughably) they see themselves as competitors for console m/kb. ConsoleTuner (Titan) collaborates with XIM and both devices are regarded as complementary, despite Titan Two having far competive m/kb with XIM than Cronus.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline PHooLy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:56 AM - 01/13/21 »
See, I mentioned that I don't want to buy a Cronus or Titan because I actually already have the older model Titan Two. I think my problem is, I use the Xim on PC. For some reason I have never had luck getting the Titan/Xim combo to work on PC.I am not sure what the deal is. Last time I tried, it all seemed to work until I had it all plugged in and ready to go and it kept restarting every few seconds. So, I figure I won't try the newer model nor the Cronus because I've never had luck with the one I have now. I've had it for years and have never used it. And all i've ever wanted out of it was rapid fire, lol.

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:00 PM - 01/13/21 »
Bloody J95 ;D

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 10:25 PM - 01/13/21 »
See, I mentioned that I don't want to buy a Cronus or Titan because I actually already have the older model Titan Two. I think my problem is, I use the Xim on PC. For some reason I have never had luck getting the Titan/Xim combo to work on PC.I am not sure what the deal is. Last time I tried, it all seemed to work until I had it all plugged in and ready to go and it kept restarting every few seconds. So, I figure I won't try the newer model nor the Cronus because I've never had luck with the one I have now. I've had it for years and have never used it. And all i've ever wanted out of it was rapid fire, lol.
Newer model T2 is just a different shell.

I can almost guarantee that you just need a power supply for the Titan Two. Your Titan Two, XIM APEX, mouse, keyboard and controller are drawing more power than a 5V USB port can supply.

The specs for a T2 power adapter are 7.5V, 4.0mm x 1.7mm, centre-positive, 2A. Centre-positive is very important - you'll burn out the T2 if using the wrong polarity. Use the required V & A too.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:19 AM - 01/14/21 »
I've been researching the forums for rapid fire options with the Xim Apex. From my results, it seems you can use a Cronus, a Titan, or a mouse with on-board memory. I prefer not to buy a Cronus or a Titan and would like to use a mouse that has rapid fire. I've personally tried the Logitech G703, 502, 403, and the Razer Deathadder. They don't work when using it through Xim on console. They have on-board memory but only support basic keystroke macros not rapid fire.

So, my question is, what mice actually support on-board rapid fire macros?
You can create a macro with the razer thatíll work, the trick is the timing in between shots, if itís not right itíll seem to do nothing.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:45 AM - 01/15/21 »
With a Logitech mouse, you can use Xim Link which can then use the PC software and allow rapid fire stuff.

Without a PC and Xim Link,   you can pre program a rapid fire macro onto some Logitech mice ( this includes the 502, 203 and  GPro Wireless ) with limitations, it can only be set up to do a specific amount of shots which means if you set it to fire 5 shots it WILL shoot 5 shots regardless if you want to or not, can't use the primary buttons, and almost requires LGS to set up the mouse.
Let me be clear here.
 IT CANNOT BE SET TO ONLY KEEP SHOOTING AS LONG AS THE BUTTON IS HELD

I did instructions for how to do this a long time ago.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=84249.0

There is a work around, that can and does work with the XIM for setting this up with GHUB if you have hardware that absolutely requires GHUB.
I can do an instruction for the GHUB work around if needed, but the best answer is simply remove GHUB and use LGS unless you have hardware that absolutely needs GHUB.

Offline lunchalot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:16 AM - 01/16/21 »
I've used a few mice that had rapid fire capability. Bloody V8MA has built in rapid fire of either continuous or burst. Steelseries Rival 500 and Swiftpoint Z has onboard memory where after you program the macro, you don't need the software running anymore. My favorite is the Z because of the button placement. The ideal button for rapid fire is the one behind the main left click button. You just have to curl your finger back like in fingertip grip for your rapid click and just extend your finger on the main button for normal.

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:32 AM - 01/16/21 »
The author asked and forgot >:(