XIM Community

[ACTIVE] always flashes yellow and red  (Read 142 times)

Offline Marco Bettuzzi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: XxmtrixX
[ACTIVE] always flashes yellow and red
« on: 05:42 AM - 01/10/21 »
since I got the xim apex I can not use it because as soon as I insert the splitter usb (no cables connected) starts to flashing, I loaded the controller I took off the vibration I changed cable I took off the Leds but nothing. and it is strange because even only when I insert the USB splitter provided mella box without having connected the mouse, the keyboard and the controller, begins to flash. I wanted to know if it is a resolvable porblema, if it is a Xim problem or if it is a problem of my play. thanks a lot
« Last Edit: 01:13 PM - 01/10/21 by OBsIV »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: always flashes yellow and red
« Reply #1 on: 07:21 AM - 01/10/21 »
Hey,

red and yellow flashes indicate a powerdraw issue, whatever is connected to the XIM basically draws too much power from the single console USB port.
What kind of splitter are you using? And what kind of mouse and keyboard are connected to the XIM?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Marco Bettuzzi

• View Profile
Re: always flashes yellow and red
« Reply #2 on: 07:43 AM - 01/10/21 »
as a splitter I use the one supplied in the xim box, and in my opinion the mouse and the keyboard do not fit because I do not even connect them to the USB splitter, Thatís why I connect the Xim Apex to one of the 2 usb ports in front of my console usb splitter without the controller, the mouse, the keyboard connected and as soon as I insert the splitter (without anything connected) the Xim flashes

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] always flashes yellow and red
« Reply #3 on: 10:27 AM - 01/11/21 »
Welcome to the community. There's two quick tests for the hub and port that we can do to learn more.

Can you please check if your peripherals work if the hub is connected to a PC instead of APEX?

Also, could you please try connecting APEX to the console with nothing attached to APEX then attach only the controller. Does this cause a fault or do you see a light sequence that includes 4 green lights?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Marco Bettuzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:16 PM - 01/12/21 »
thanks for the answer, I did everything you recommended, the adapter on my PC works instead I tried to connect the xim then the controller and started flashing instead of making green lights, now you know if you can help me? Thanks you a lot

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:36 PM - 01/12/21 »
It's good to hear that the 3 port hub is working.

About APEX not showing the 4 green lights with the controller directly connected, testing other data cables or hard resetting the console can help with this issue. I would try these two steps next.

For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

Offline Marco Bettuzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:02 AM - 01/14/21 »
What is anhard reset?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:29 PM - 01/14/21 »
Hard resetting the console can fix a console bug that affects wired controllers. To do this, press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Removing the power cable while off for up to a minute is recommended.

Offline Marco Bettuzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:18 AM - 01/16/21 »
I have a ps4 slim, how do you reset hard and if you know you could explain it to me line by line

Admin