XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Unresolved, resolved issue with G502  (Read 187 times)

Offline sCk Snow

• View Profile
[RESOLVED] Unresolved, resolved issue with G502
« on: 10:41 PM - 01/09/21 »
Sorry but I'm new here and it seems that if something gets pegged at "resolved" then no one can reply to it so this is the only way I know how to reply. It's about the Logitech G502 side scroll issues I asked about here
 https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=91697.msg833052#msg833052

I have attached pictures here to show you what I am talking about. They show how I setup my mouse on my PC and how it shows up on the Apex so you can see the difference. Hope this helps and maybe someone will have an answer cause I had already done what was advised to me. You will notice the keybinds I set on my PC and then you will see how they all work except for the side scroll buttons and the button I setup with a macro. Thanks. Ok, I just realised I don't know how to attach pictures on here lol. If someone could help that would be great and maybe I could get a better understanding if I am doing something wrong. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 10:17 AM - 01/11/21 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Unresolved, resolved issue with G502
« Reply #1 on: 01:11 PM - 01/10/21 »
Sorry to hear you are still having issues with this. Can you tell us what keys you've assigned to left/right scroll on your G502?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline sCk Snow

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Unresolved, resolved issue with G502
« Reply #2 on: 06:27 PM - 01/10/21 »
I have 2 and 3 assigned to my left and right scroll. I use number keys for all my keybinds because I don't use any of them on my keyboard for any games. In Windows if I open a text document, all the keys work until I exit Logitech G Hub. Then all the keys still work as assigned except for the scroll binds. It seems that the onboard memory saves all the keybinds except for the scroll binds. It's weird. Maybe it's a glitch in the software. I was thinking about trying the Logitech Gaming Software instead.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 07:54 PM - 01/10/21 »
That is weird because I have [ and ] assigned for right/left scroll on my G502 and it works without issue.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline sCk Snow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:10 PM - 01/10/21 »
I managed to get it to work. Tried the Logitech Gaming Software but it couldn't detect my mouse. Decided to start over. Uninstalled Logitech Hub software, reinstalled it, setup my mouse again. The only thing I may have done different but I'm not positive lol, is make my profile on the software default / persistent / locked. I'm not sure exactly what it was that worked but it worked and that's all I care about lol. Thanks for the replies and help. Greatly appreciated.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] Unresolved, resolved issue with G502
« Reply #5 on: 10:21 AM - 01/11/21 »
I'm glad to hear that's working now. Please don't worry about the resolved tag if it is your support thread, we can always reopen it.

I haven't used ghub too much but I think I might know why it didn't work at first. In the area where onboard memory is enabled, after it's enabled there's an area to choose the profile to assign to onboard memory. Checking that the right profile is active in ghub before making changes, then checking that the right profile is assigned to onboard memory after might help.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline sCk Snow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:31 AM - 01/11/21 »
Yeah. I think it's important to double or even triple check everything sometimes. Thanks for everything guys. 👍

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:05 PM - 01/11/21 »
I always had problems with left and right scroll with my G502, I ended up not using it
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline sCk Snow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:04 AM - 01/12/21 »
I had a problem at first. It was a little frustrating. I almost went back to my G603 but I was determined to get my side scrolls working cause I use them a lot and the G502 is so much more comfortable. Once you figure it out, it's so worth it.

Admin