XIM Community

[SOLVED] [Xbox 1] Xim Apex Not Working  (Read 111 times)

Offline Serpents

• View Profile
[SOLVED] [Xbox 1] Xim Apex Not Working
« on: 01:35 PM - 01/09/21 »
My Xim Apex isn't working after a few weeks of working as intended. I have no idea what caused it to stop working recently, but I have tried updating the firmware, restarting my Xbox, updating my console controller, and using a different USB port. My mouse and keyboard work fine when connected to other devices. My Xbox One S is up to date on updates.

Please let me know if there are any fixes I can try.

EDIT: Managed to get it working! Thank you!
« Last Edit: 07:41 PM - 01/14/21 by Serpents »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [Xbox 1] Xim Apex Not Working
« Reply #1 on: 01:07 PM - 01/10/21 »
Welcome to the community. In cases like this, it would help to go through our "First Time Users" troubleshooting steps so we can better isolate the issue: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=61565.0

Let us know how far you get in the list (what number) and that will tell us what to do next.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Serpents

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] [Xbox 1] Xim Apex Not Working
« Reply #2 on: 04:09 PM - 01/12/21 »
Thanks for the response!

When going through the start up guide, nothing stood out to me other than it not working at the end. The controller did not turn on automatically though. No flashes, and it lights up as itís selected color when connected.

Iíve tried a few more things and noticed that:
  • My controller works properly when connected through the XIM Apex itself (not through the port) 
  • My mouse and keyboard do not give input when connected directly to the apex, but they do power up
  • My mouse and keyboard do power up when connected through the hub
  • The app on my phone does not display the Xbox symbol when the controller is connected

I havenít got the slightest idea what the issue is, but I know itís not the USB, keyboard, or mouse hardware thatís the issue.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] [Xbox 1] Xim Apex Not Working
« Reply #3 on: 05:40 PM - 01/12/21 »
The controller will need to authenticate with APEX and console for your peripherals to be passed to the game. APEX flashes 4 green lights when this happens. We can check if the controller is authenticating using direct connection, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work later. To do this, please remove the hub and then disconnect and reconnect APEX to the console with the controller directly connected to APEX while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

Because you've tried other data cables, if you do not see 4 green lights with the order above then it would make sense to verify the controllers ability to use wired mode. Do you have a PC available? If so this can be done by pressing the Windows key then type' setup USB game controllers'. Is the controller visible? It should be visible and it's buttons should visually activate when pressed when viewing the controller's properties window.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos