XIM Community

Help me make a decision!!  (Read 248 times)

Offline Sian994

• View Profile
Help me make a decision!!
« on: 06:05 AM - 01/09/21 »
Hi folks, my name is Andrea and I use Xim since xim4 release. I sold my Xim Apex because I went to play on PC. Now I want to come back to play on console with the Xim because Iím finding too many cheaters and this piss me off. I donít know if is worth as I know the PC is a ďsuperior machineĒ compared to consoles. Just want some advices and know if you had the same decision as mine and why.

Have a great day and thanks in advance to all ximmers here :)

Offline 2Dayumay

• View Profile
Re: Help me make a decision!!
« Reply #1 on: 08:23 PM - 01/09/21 »
Im a pc player and im also tired of cheaters on pc, i went ahead and got a xbox and i can tell you is easier to play and i actually like it  but the input lag compared to pc is a deal breaker for me. I tried every xbox configuration under the sun plus a few more and nothing works. I guess is the low framerate and the force triple buffer vsync. The only thing i haven't done yet is freesync because my monitor does not support it and the xbox one that i have is the day one edition so no support there neither. i'd say, if you don't mind the input lag go for it i will be better in terms of having fun and you will actually enjoy games more. It also depends on what games you play, warzone on xbox is unplayable when your kd is over 2.0, on ps4 might be different due to the ability to disable crossplay. I mostly play apex so crossplay is not a issue, however the fps dropping to 30 plus the insane input lag is awful. I was able to solo queue to plat in 2 weeks regardless.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:04 PM - 01/09/21 »
Just play on what you prefer. If you prefer playing on console then play on console. The XIM gives you as a MKB player that option. Sure, there's nothing quite like MKB on PC, but those limitations you suffer on console are the same ones experienced by controller players. Playing MKB on console isn't a big advantage over controller players in modern titles where the aim assist is dominant and helps controller players massively, but if it's your preferred input device then go for it.

Offline Sian994

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:15 AM - 01/11/21 »
Thanks all for the reply.

Iíve been a PC gamer since a lot of years, competing on quake and UT back in the days and I had the ps4 mainly because I wanted bloodborne and didnít have the money for a PC. Two years ago I sold my ps4 and Xim apex and went back to play on PC. The fps are amazing and the control I have with my aim is pretty solid. The problem is I canít play my favourite fps games because every single game is full of cheaters on PC (close to max rank). I quit CS, I quit r6, I quit cod, I quit valorant, Overwatch and other fps games. I think I can handle the lower quality and fps on consoles to donít have cheaters :)

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:14 AM - 01/11/21 »
I'm mainly a CoD player and I quit playing it on PC. Full of cheats, poor dev support and a small playerbase. Enjoying my CoD time way more on console, still mostly playing BO4 with my Apex.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:30 PM - 01/11/21 »
On consoles you have to deal with sweaties that use jitter mods, lag switches and glitches, not as bad as on PC yet annoying.

So, what is your question again? stay on PC or back to Console?.

I don't know why you leave consoles on the first place... if you lost the motivation to keep going then go back, and settle down on console embrace to be a "competitive"aka casual-tryhard (as I called) on it. If you did the change to be a better player or aspirational competitive one, keep going friend, grind.

I have a PC gaming rig, enjoy exclusive titles and casual multiplayers if a cheater (they are not hackers) jumps in my lobby I search another lobby, that's it. My console gaming is only for social interaction with my friends at the Chat, we stumble some sweaties matches but most of the time we are joking around.

My suggestion is: keep your PC get a XB Series S and XIM Apex. Afforable solution, you can hook your gaming monitor on it, no XIM compatibility issues like on PS5.

« Last Edit: 03:48 PM - 01/11/21 by alanmcgregor »

Admin