XIM Community

[Q/A] Any help is appreciated for a more pc feel  (Read 318 times)

Offline drewthe3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: tsunami42
[Q/A] Any help is appreciated for a more pc feel
« on: 11:28 PM - 01/05/21 »
So I play on Xbox one, and play apex legends. I have a Xim apex and just seem to not feel like pc. So this is my issue, I have been playing apex legends since day one and I am ok at the game. I donít feel that I am near as good as I could be because Iím 5 times better on pc. I know that I canít get the Xbox to feel 100% like PC but it just doesnít feel right when I play. Almost like itís hard to get the mouse to stop on an enemy when moving it. Now I have my recoil control amazing. I can down targets that are 100m away with one clip with a 301... if they donít move. But if they move it seems like itís hard to track them and follow them. Without changing any sensitivity at all one game it it seems to move too slow and I canít keep up then the next game Iím over aiming.

So I have a G502 Logitech light speed mouse. 12000dpi on the mouse (it has on board memory) and 1000hz on the mouse and on the xim card.

In game sensitivity is 7/7
Set to steady, classic seemed too much of a slow start.
I donít use a mouse pad, I have a very large desk so I can make large arm movements and small wrist movements. I use Teflon mouse skates on the mouse so it glides across the surface.

On the xim manager;
On hip sensitivity I do use a x/y of 1.00
Boost of 60
And simulate anolog behavior off

On ads sensitivity I use x/y of 1.00
Boost of 60
Smoothing 2
And simulate analog behavior off

I have watched probably over 100 hours of videos and tutorials on the internet and you tube.

I have tried all the different settings and given it a few hours to get use to and nothing is really changing.

It just doesnít feel quite right. I am looking for any help, any videos to give it more of a pc feel. Please someone help I have been working on this for about a year now.
« Last Edit: 10:16 AM - 01/07/21 by mist4fun »

Offline MeteoroBR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MeteoroBR
Re: Any help is appreciated for a more pc feel
« Reply #1 on: 09:25 AM - 01/06/21 »
So I play on Xbox one, and play apex legends. I have a Xim apex and just seem to not feel like pc. So this is my issue, I have been playing apex legends since day one and I am ok at the game. I donít feel that I am near as good as I could be because Iím 5 times better on pc. I know that I canít get the Xbox to feel 100% like PC but it just doesnít feel right when I play. Almost like itís hard to get the mouse to stop on an enemy when moving it. Now I have my recoil control amazing. I can down targets that are 100m away with one clip with a 301... if they donít move. But if they move it seems like itís hard to track them and follow them. Without changing any sensitivity at all one game it it seems to move too slow and I canít keep up then the next game Iím over aiming.

So I have a G502 Logitech light speed mouse. 12000dpi on the mouse (it has on board memory) and 1000hz on the mouse and on the xim card.

I donít use a mouse pad, I have a very large desk so I can make large arm movements and small wrist movements. I use Teflon mouse skates on the mouse so it glides across the surface.

On the xim manager;
Boost of 60

Boost of 60
Smoothing 2

I have watched probably over 100 hours of videos and tutorials on the internet and you tube.

I have tried all the different settings and given it a few hours to get use to and nothing is really changing.

It just doesnít feel quite right. I am looking for any help, any videos to give it more of a pc feel. Please someone help I have been working on this for about a year now.

Any player is much better off using the mouse natively on the PC, for several reasons like better framerate, less input lag and the clean mouse input itself. On consoles, we almost always have VSYNC on, which also greatly increases the input lag. So don't expect XIM APEX to work in exactly the same way as a native mouse on your PC. This will not happen. I don't play APEX LEGENDS so I don't have a configuration that I can pass on to you. The advice I would give you is as follows: a) use 500hz on XIM APEX. c) do not use curves and boost, b) use the maximum DPI of your mouse, c) do not use smoothing. Finally, buy a mousepad, it is really cheap and will help you a lot. In addition to improving accuracy the surface of your table will quickly destroy your mouse's feet.

Offline MeteoroBR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MeteoroBR
« Reply #2 on: 09:27 AM - 01/06/21 »

On the xim manager;
Boost of 60

Boost of 60
Smoothing 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ8rbra5__E&t=60s

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:36 PM - 01/06/21 »
XIM is a controller emulator that translates mouse & keyboard input into controller output.

XIM is not a magical unicorn that converts a console into a PC. PC uses distance for mouse input, consoles use velocity for analog stick input. Mouse movement on a XIM is analog stick input. All of the constraints that apply to a controller, like turn speed, deadzones, acceleration, aim assist, menu navigation etc, also apply to XIM.

A console game will never feel exactly like PC. Think of your mousepad as a giant thumbstick and play accordingly.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 05:12 PM - 01/06/21 »
And yes, buy a mousepad! A mouse sensor is not designed to handle the imperfections of a desktop surface, which could be contributing significantly to your problem. Mousepads comes in very large sizes these days, so there's really no reason to use the desktop.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline drewthe3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: tsunami42
« Reply #5 on: 05:16 PM - 01/06/21 »
OK if you read my post you would understand that I said I understand that an Xbox mouse and keyboard will not feel just like a PC mouse and keyboard. I donít understand why people did not read that part. I understand that as I posted in my first comment. What Iím asking is for any advice to give it more of a mouse and keyboard feel. It seems like itís hard to track people and follow people. It seems to be jumping around a lot. I have tried numerous settings online and none of them seem to give me the feel Iím looking for. I was asking if anybody has any advice. I never once saidThat this should feel exactly like a mouse and keyboard on a PC.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 04:25 AM - 01/07/21 »
What I’m asking is for any advice to give it more of a mouse and keyboard feel.
How close to native m/kb movement depends entirely on a console game's look mechanics. That's why it will never feel right - you can only polish a turd so much.

Expert settings can be tweaked to either enhance aim assist, or reduce aim assist. If you're struggling to track targets, you want to reduce AA and pump initial movement speed. Increase mouse DPI, increase Sensitivity, increase Polling Rate, increase Response Rate, add some Steady Aim, add some Boost, use RML's anti-AA Ballistic Curve, or OBsIV's stair-stepping curves (can also be done using Steady Aim).

A mousepad will help to improve mouse speed and tracking, as will tuning your sensor to the pad. This is a big part of the equation that you're overlooking by using the desktop as a pad.

Online AgentSmith

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Any help is appreciated for a more pc feel
« Reply #7 on: 08:21 AM - 01/15/21 »
Try putting in game controller sensitivity to 8/8

Set up the rest of the game as it says on the xim game settings section.
Straight line default balistics, and no boost.

Use Sync OFF and setting the Xim sense to what you need.