XIM Community

Xbox One vs Xbox Series X controller  (Read 537 times)

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
Xbox One vs Xbox Series X controller
« on: 12:04 PM - 01/04/21 »
I own XIM 4 and I have ordered Xim Apex today. I figure I should get one while it is still available directly from the manufacturer.  I bought Xbox Series X and I also bought a 2018 Xbox One controller with Micro USB. Should I download the Beta firmware for Xim Apex to use with the new controller or should I use the standard firmware from March 2020 and use the Old Xbox controller? Is there any difference in terms of the actual feel of the aiming? (Old controller vs new controller).
Will I feel the improvement of Xim Apex vs XIM 4? I read that the Input Lag is better on Xim Apex. I do not use any curves, etc.

I absolutely love the Series X. I already sold my PS 4 Pro with SSD on Ebay.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One vs Xbox Series X controller
« Reply #1 on: 07:48 AM - 01/06/21 »
Hey,

definitely upgrade as Microsoft announced the Xbox One controller will get a firmware update early this year that will add the Xbox Series X/S controller features such as ultra low latency. While this is of course speculation you will probably need the Beta Firmware once this update is out, so you might as well already use it now :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:10 PM - 01/07/21 »
Hi, thank you so much for the reply. XIM Apex is arriving today!  :). I can still return my Xbox (2018) controller on Amazon, but I think I will keep it (for compatibility with XIM 4, just in case). You guys are simply awesome!
I wish you upgraded XIM 4 firmware as well (to be compatible with new XBXS controllers). Once my XIM Apex arrives- I will have 2 XIMs! :) If it was not for your company, I would have been PC gaming. I am very happy with your products. XIM Edge, XIM 4 and now XIM Apex :) Thank you so much!

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:01 AM - 01/08/21 »
I received the XIM Apex! It's working great! I am not sure yet if I like Apex better than XIM 4. I am just so used to how XIM 4 feels.

I have Razer Deathadder Chroma set to 10000 DPI at 1000Hz polling on Razer Manticor hard mousepad. Using new controller on XBSX. Should I set the Apex to 1000Hz or 500Hz or maybe to default 125Hz?   I set my Apex for BF 5 (HIP 15, ADS 8) and Warzone (HIP 20, ADS 12).

Taking into account the Xbox Series X new controller update with low latency. Thank you very much!

Offline MeteoroBR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MeteoroBR
« Reply #4 on: 08:55 AM - 01/08/21 »
I received the XIM Apex! It's working great! I am not sure yet if I like Apex better than XIM 4. I am just so used to how XIM 4 feels.

I have Razer Deathadder Chroma set to 10000 DPI at 1000Hz polling on Razer Manticor hard mousepad. Using new controller on XBSX. Should I set the Apex to 1000Hz or 500Hz or maybe to default 125Hz?   I set my Apex for BF 5 (HIP 15, ADS 8) and Warzone (HIP 20, ADS 12).

Taking into account the Xbox Series X new controller update with low latency. Thank you very much!

500hz is the icing on the cake.

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:54 PM - 01/08/21 »
I am sorry Meteoro, your answer must have gotten cut off. Did you mean that I should set Apex to 500Hz? I tried 1000Hz and it felt a little too sensitive.