XIM Community

Double movement feature request  (Read 441 times)

Offline psychoTic

• View Profile
Double movement feature request
« on: 05:54 AM - 01/01/21 »
I have been using XIM for a few months now and wonder whether it would be possible to have double movements binds. It seems everything can be binded to two keys apart from movement. The result would be like this:

Fortnite Double Movement Binds Explained, Compared, Tested and Set-up Tutorial by Peezs
https://youtu.be/KvHEPD5GZxs (Time Stamp 0:30)

This would probably only benefit third person games but it would help a lot to emulate the superior controller movement.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Double movement feature request
« Reply #1 on: 11:04 AM - 01/01/21 »
Hey,

i would recommend you to use a device like the Logitech G13 if you want more freedom over your movements, alternatively if you use the native mouse and keyboard support it should be possible to use double bindings on consoles.
The XIM would need both, a XIM Manager interface update as well as a Firmware update (so probably a lot of work) and its not even clear if Fortnite will not remove this from being useable in the game at one point.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 11:08 AM - 01/01/21 »
Welcome to the community. Thanks for the video. I'm unclear exactly how this works, but, when I looked up more info on it I found that double movement was removed from Fortnite.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline psychoTic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:00 PM - 01/01/21 »
It was removed for normal keyboard and mouse input, but maybe this would be possible on XIM? So if you press forward and both your right movement keys, you move further to the right? Just an idea, I'm no programmer so I wouldnt understand anything behind it.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:02 PM - 01/01/21 »
Depending on your hardware you can set more than one button/key to put out WASD, and itíll work. Not exactly what you asked but itís a workaround
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Sam003

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Sam003
« Reply #5 on: 12:50 PM - 01/28/21 »
Hi, I  binded A and D for left/Right on my mouse with on board memory. While pressing both D (from key board and mouse) character does not strafe. I wonder if Xim developers can add some alternative option for strafing. Thanks