XIM Community

Light up Red Dot Sight for Monitor?  (Read 4395 times)

Offline tameanaka

• MVP
  • お前はも死んでいる。
    • View Profile
Re: It's a Light Bulb for Monitor Red Dot Sight
« Reply #15 on: 02:26 PM - 02/11/11 »
how can you draw a perfect cross as thin as possible?

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:47 PM - 02/11/11 »
They sell pre-made red dot and cross hair stickers that are inkless and monitor safe

search ebay for "the kill dot" or "fps sight"

Offline tameanaka

• MVP
  • お前はも死んでいる。
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:02 PM - 02/11/11 »
interesting, but it's a little big isn't it? plus you would want to leave it on when watching movies and such. it's basically printed tape since it still uses adhesive.

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:12 PM - 02/11/11 »
Some brands are bigger than others. Some just have the dot and the rest clear plastic. They have many different style ones available from different companies

It's not a full on sticky adhesive. It actually requires a lil moisture be applied to stick and comes off with a light flick of the finger. Leaving nothing behind. I just take them off when using the monitor for other things and put them back on during a private match with a sighted weapon before I go into matchmaking.

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:15 PM - 02/11/11 »
You can also cut them down to make them smaller. Though if you go to small they won't stick to the screen at all (like I said, not sticky like tape) it's more like a laminate.

I think I used one before that WAS pretty sticky tho, which I didn't like because I'd smudge my monitor getting them off. I wish I remembered which brand. They last a long time so it's been a while since I've ordered more of any brand.

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:30 PM - 02/11/11 »
Wouldn't a laser pointer reflect off an LCD? I'd be more worried about my eyes than the screen lol

Offline Ichebu

• itch-eh-boo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ichebu
« Reply #21 on: 03:53 PM - 02/11/11 »
We all know the most fun way to figure out the lasers angle is, you guessed it, Fog Machine!

Offline tameanaka

• MVP
  • お前はも死んでいる。
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:19 PM - 02/11/11 »
I have green laser, needs no fog machine :)

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:42 PM - 02/11/11 »
I used Expo dry erase markers to draw cross hairs as thin as possible. Use red or green whatever color you want. It wiped off CLEAN after 1.5 years of leaving it on my monitor. Only down side is you have to wipe and redraw if you mind it when not gaming. I kept it on 24/7.
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline Tanmerican

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:20 PM - 02/11/11 »
I used Expo dry erase markers to draw cross hairs as thin as possible. Use red or green whatever color you want. It wiped off CLEAN after 1.5 years of leaving it on my monitor. Only down side is you have to wipe and redraw if you mind it when not gaming. I kept it on 24/7.

+1 Beat me to it. I use expo brand dry erase markers. There are fine point felt tip markers that allow you to draw a transparent dot on your screen. if you would like a crosshair effect just add four additional dots on the axis. This will not damage your CRT or your LCD and can be added and removed at will. Additionally you will have thousands of reapplications from just one marker vs adhesive alternatives that could open the door for an unexpected rip / tear / scratch or residue your screen.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:13 AM - 02/12/11 »
no, never play with a dot.
dots are for newbs that want to cover of a target & loose visual information.

the entire point is to give yourself a vertical and horizontal alignment marks large enough to work in all conditions. this is especially important on console, because console movement is dominated by exact vertical & horizontal movements across all games. They're geared for NSEW, not diagonals.

If the dot is small enough it really shouldn't be a problem. If you use a larger dot, then yeah i can see that being problematic.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:17 AM - 02/12/11 »
The only thing I don't like with (most) of these suggestions is that the dot ends up being too dark to see when you are looking at dark objects, like walls, hallways, etc.

Which is why I want something that is able to stand out on dark colors, and is extremely small dot so it doesn't cover up targets and make them harder to see at times (like Toys mentioned).

I am Spartacus!

Offline Leto

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:27 AM - 02/12/11 »
I think a laser pointer might be the best option if you want a bright dot.

My bore sight laser was so distractingly bright when I shot it at my monitor, I had to put a pin hole through a piece of tape attached to the lasers lens to reduce the intensity to a comfortable level.

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:52 AM - 02/12/11 »
what are you guys planning to use to secure/aim the laser?

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:35 AM - 02/13/11 »
Laser dot's need batteries, and I would think would be a super big pain in the butt to set up on the EXACT spot.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

I am Spartacus!