XIM Community

Logitech G pro X Superlight  (Read 309 times)

Offline Snyperghostyy

• View Profile
Logitech G pro X Superlight
« on: 03:01 PM - 12/30/20 »
Hey everyone,

I have a question does anybody here already have the new Logitech G Pro Superlight? Becouse i want to buy one and it would be noce to know if the mouse is working with Xim Apex or not becouse if not then i think i will not buy the mouse and go instead at a Viper Ultimate.
Would be nice if anybody can give me an answer at this question.

Greetings

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile

Offline Snyperghostyy

• View Profile
Re: Logitech G pro X Superlight
« Reply #2 on: 02:54 AM - 12/31/20 »
Ok thank you for the quick answer and the link that you posted.

What do you think GPW X or VPWU?

Anybody can write something and write why you choose that mouse over the other would be nice to hear some experiences who have both or one of the mouses.

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:10 PM - 01/01/21 »
Just to throw another option out there, I recently picked up the Glorious Model O Wireless and I love it.. considerably cheaper than the Logitech or Razer offerings, and it is a performer.
R5 3600 / Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT / 16GB Geil EVO X 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Glorious Model O Wireless
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:58 PM - 01/01/21 »
Ok thank you for the quick answer and the link that you posted.

What do you think GPW X or VPWU?

Anybody can write something and write why you choose that mouse over the other would be nice to hear some experiences who have both or one of the mouses.

I'm a mouse collector and I've owned both the GPW and RVU, along with pretty much every other gaming mouse worth owning for the past decade.  The GPW is the clear winner in a few key areas so that's my main mouse for the XIM. 

First off, the main buttons on the Viper are mushy, light, vague, and they have way too much side play and pre/post travel.  I found them to be cheap feeling and unpleasant overall.  The buttons on the GPW are tactile (but still pretty light) and precise.  They feel "premium".  I think this is the most important feature overall since the main buttons are what you'll be interacting with the most when you play games.

Another big difference is the customization software.  Razer's software is downright awful.  It's always snooping on your computer and phoning home for various unnecessary reasons.  It takes up an absurd amount of resources on your computer, it's confusing to use, and way too limited for the amount of options it pretends to have.  The Viper doesn't even let you store RGB lighting settings on the mouse so you're stuck with the default lighting (RGB cycling iirc) when using it with an XIM.

The GPW on the other hand works with Logitech's older software, Logitech Gaming Software, which is just fantastic.  It's light weight and literally never calls home since it's only updated about once per year now.  It has a ton of options and they're all well laid out and easy to understand.  Even creating complex macros can be done in seconds.  Best of all, you can store 5 (or maybe 6?) profiles on the GPW, each with 5 (or 6? I forget) DPI levels AND two layers per profile if you assign a G-shift key.  Combine G-Shift with the two extra side buttons on the GPW and you can have SIXTEEN assignable buttons PER PROFILE when using the GPW with the XIM.  That's a huge amount of flexibility.  I love that I can have entire profiles on the mouse for vehicles in FPS games for example, and I especially love having enough buttons available that I can always assign a dedicated Share button on PS4/PS5. That way I never miss a screen shot.

The GPW also gets way better battery life than the Viper Ultimate, more than double actually.  I'm still getting around 65 hours from each charge with the GPW, even after a year of heavy use, whereas I was getting around 30 from the RVU when it was brand new.  I game a couple hours per night, a few nights per week, so on the GPW that equates to about 2 months of gaming for me between charges!

Finally, the GPW just feels higher quality.  The plastic on the Viper feels cheaper, the body feels more hollow, the coating feels less premium, even the lighting LEDs were not as evenly blended together as the GPW.  I have over 60 gaming mice in my collection and the GPW is in the top 3 for high-end build quality, while also being a lightweight mouse.  Usually the super-lightweight mice feel cheap like McDonald's Happy Meal toys and the high quality feeling mice weigh over 120g, but the GPW manages to nail both aspects.

I haven't tried Logitech's new Superlight but some people that I really respect in the mouse community have one already and they're saying that it's pretty much identical to the GPW in feel and build quality, just 20g lighter and missing the 2 extra side buttons.  Seems like another winner from Logitech if you don't want the extra buttons.
XIM Apex | PS5 | Qanba Pearl | GPW | PS Nav | PS GWH