XIM Community

Is your Xbox Series X/S suddenly shutting down?  (Read 20938 times)

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
Re: Is your Xbox Series X/S suddenly shutting down?
« Reply #30 on: 03:08 PM - 01/02/21 »
For those who switched from a Series X controller and to an Xbox One controller and it stopped the crashes. Please continue to use your Xbox One controller on the latest Beta and let us know if it continues to happen.

Also, if you are/were using a Series X controller and things are crashing, can you tell us what XIM Response Rate you are using?

Using Series X controller (dont have an xbox one) still crashing in Series X and always totally random shutdowns, in some times i can play a bit more but almost every day i have one or two specially in some games and not happening in others. One thing i noticed is - prior to the shutdown - i get 2-3 seconds xim like looping and not responding, making character moving in only 1 direction (like the last direction remembered when synced) then i get the shutdown. Like a brief disconnection/interrumption before the shutdown.

I think its some kind of strange conflict with the beta fw and the way it communicates with new controller, playing a few hours with only new controller doesnt shutdown the console for me.

I'm using latest xim apex beta, everything updated (xbox series x system and new controller updated too). Im using as always 1000Hz and default sync. Also tried the previous beta, still crashing.

Thank you
« Last Edit: 03:21 PM - 01/02/21 by ColdMan »

Offline OrbitalCat

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: OrbitalCat#5956
« Reply #31 on: 03:40 PM - 01/02/21 »
For those who switched from a Series X controller and to an Xbox One controller and it stopped the crashes. Please continue to use your Xbox One controller on the latest Beta and let us know if it continues to happen.

Also, if you are/were using a Series X controller and things are crashing, can you tell us what XIM Response Rate you are using?

Using Series X controller (dont have an xbox one) still crashing in Series X and always totally random shutdowns, in some times i can play a bit more but almost every day i have one or two specially in some games and not happening in others. One thing i noticed is - prior to the shutdown - i get 2-3 seconds xim like looping and not responding, making character moving in only 1 direction (like the last direction remembered when synced) then i get the shutdown. Like a brief disconnection/interrumption before the shutdown.

I think its some kind of strange conflict with the beta fw and the way it communicates with new controller, playing a few hours with only new controller doesnt shutdown the console for me.

I'm using latest xim apex beta, everything updated (xbox series x system and new controller updated too). Im using as always 1000Hz and default sync. Also tried the previous beta, still crashing.

Thank you

Yup, everything he said is exactly what I am experiencing. Devs please update the XIM we’ve been waiting for this long enough. Thank You

Offline slackchain

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Slackchain
« Reply #32 on: 05:32 PM - 01/02/21 »
So I wanted to give an update.. I have download two additional games, Fortnite and Call of Duty. I have this same setup below running on all games with not one crash. I played over 4 hours yesterday on Destiny 2, no issues. Played over 3 hours Call of Duty, and today over 4 hours of Fortnite. Also change to my K70 MK.2 keyboard.
Apex Manager: 5.00.20201011
Apex Firmware: 5.00.20201215
Xbox Series X OS Ver. 10.0.1941.5495 (rs_xbox_release_2011.201209-2330)
Shell Ver. 2011.0.2012.5001
Xbox Series X Controller Firmware: 5.5.2641.0
Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 at Poll Rate 1K
Mouse: Hero G502 16k_DPI 1K Poll Rate

Little back ground before, I was having hard crashes! I could not play more than 20 minutes without a crash where my Xbox SX would just turn off. Originally to fix this I started to using an Xbox One controller and it fixed it. Now,  after applying the following updates from Xbox Insider and the latest Xim Apex Beta I have not had any issues with crashes while using Xbox SX controller and Xim Apex. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #33 on: 07:24 PM - 01/02/21 »
So I wanted to give an update.. I have download two additional games, Fortnite and Call of Duty. I have this same setup below running on all games with not one crash. I played over 4 hours yesterday on Destiny 2, no issues. Played over 3 hours Call of Duty, and today over 4 hours of Fortnite. Also change to my K70 MK.2 keyboard.

Little back ground before, I was having hard crashes! I could not play more than 20 minutes without a crash where my Xbox SX would just turn off. Originally to fix this I started to using an Xbox One controller and it fixed it. Now,  after applying the following updates from Xbox Insider and the latest Xim Apex Beta I have not had any issues with crashes while using Xbox SX controller and Xim Apex. 

Thanks for this detail -- to confirm, your APEX is running at 1000Hz too?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07:33 PM - 01/02/21 »

I will join insider program and update everything. Maybe its the solution. Thanks.

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04:00 AM - 01/03/21 »

I will join insider program and update everything. Maybe its the solution. Thanks.

I am an insider member with a series x and have not had one shut down or series x controller issue, with or without the XIM Apex.
MY COD MW SETUP
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=85358.0

Xim Apex | Xbox Series X | Xbox series X controller | Logitech G502 mouse | Sony Nav | Razer Destructor Mat | 55" Panasonic 4K OLED TV

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09:13 AM - 01/03/21 »
Ok i have updated Os System from Xbox Insider and have been playing 4 hours in cold war without a shutdown. These are very good news so it should not be a fw issue with XIM and Xbox Series X controller.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/11/xbox-insider-release-notes-omega-2011-201209-2330/

Check out this last update that include additional fixes to the shutdown issues, these changes are not implemented if you are not insider but will do later for general public updates.

Will continue testing games.

« Last Edit: 09:18 AM - 01/03/21 by ColdMan »

Offline Dbs onyx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dbs onyx
« Reply #37 on: 10:11 AM - 01/03/21 »
I confirm, I subscribed to the xbox insider and I no longer have any problem, problem solved ...

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #38 on: 01:05 PM - 01/03/21 »
Excellent news everyone. Let us know when the Insider build is made public.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Dbs onyx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dbs onyx
« Reply #39 on: 01:24 PM - 01/03/21 »
Ok no problem

Offline Phalanx77

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11:52 PM - 01/03/21 »

Just wanted to say that I did the same thing and downloaded the update from the insider program and it appears to have solved it for me as well. I've played for about 3 hours tonight using a new Series X controller and not a single system crash. I did all of the above and my XIM Apex is running at 1000Hz.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10:00 AM - 01/04/21 »

Just wanted to say that I did the same thing and downloaded the update from the insider program and it appears to have solved it for me as well. I've played for about 3 hours tonight using a new Series X controller and not a single system crash. I did all of the above and my XIM Apex is running at 1000Hz.

Yesss problem solved updating System from insider program and will be implemented later for people not in the program.

I'm very happy now.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12:30 AM - 01/05/21 »
To confirm what others have said.  Once I enabled insider builds and received the latest update, all my crash issues (with Destiny 2) have ceased, thank god.
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Offline mickyg77

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01:24 AM - 01/05/21 »
To confirm what others have said.  Once I enabled insider builds and received the latest update, all my crash issues (with Destiny 2) have ceased, thank god.

Is it possible to get an insider build if currently don't have?

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02:00 AM - 01/05/21 »

Is it possible to get an insider build if currently don't have?

Yes. Follow the steps here.  https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-program
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Admin