XIM Community

Looking for 1 extremely good Cold War EU player, ideally from central europe.  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Looking for 1 extremely good Cold War EU player, ideally from central europe (ger, fra, nl etc.). You can be on pc or consoles, I dont care.

Im not talking too much, more of a guy that rather focuses on the game.

It would be good to have 1 extremely skilled/competent player to sometimes team up in TDM, Dom etc. I dont want the party to be too big, max 2 players is ideal imo. Otherwise you keep fighting for kills between each other if the party is too big.

If youre interested, send a friend request to https://cod.tracker.gg/cold-war/profile/atvi/Xaero_BOT%233414111/mp

or message me here. Theres no pressure or anything like that, just try to win the games and get a good score. Although I put more weight on a good KD rather than winning, because with the team balancing in this game, you cant carry 5 timmy nothumbs players to a win every single match.

Im playing on PC with XIM atm.

The reason why I mentioned "extremely good player" is because the lobbies Im getting are very sweaty. If youre not a good player, you would have no fun at all playing in those lobbies. You can see that my KD is top 1% in the world according to COD tracker. You can imagine what kind of lobbies im playing in.
« Last Edit: 10:13 AM - 12/23/20 by Santigold »

Offline DraqonXXX

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FeebleBadge82
Aren't you from South America? Why Central Europe? And the Netherlands is Western Europe, not central. As a Central European (Hungary), I don't like playing with South Americans, because they all seem to lag, even worse than people from the US-Canada west coast.

Anyway, there is a solution. Use a dummy account on 2nd machine, be it console or PC. Get 5 losses, trash the stats. Add the main account to the friends list. Join a game with the dummy account, then session join with the main one. Now you're in a lobby with Timmy No Thumbs and Billygoat57 with your main account.

Alternatively, at the end of each match, try to see who did the worst, and try session joining on them after every match. This worked in MW, not sure about CW, but the first method should work.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Aren't you from South America? Why Central Europe? And the Netherlands is Western Europe, not central. As a Central European (Hungary), I don't like playing with South Americans, because they all seem to lag, even worse than people from the US-Canada west coast.

Anyway, there is a solution. Use a dummy account on 2nd machine, be it console or PC. Get 5 losses, trash the stats. Add the main account to the friends list. Join a game with the dummy account, then session join with the main one. Now you're in a lobby with Timmy No Thumbs and Billygoat57 with your main account.

Alternatively, at the end of each match, try to see who did the worst, and try session joining on them after every match. This worked in MW, not sure about CW, but the first method should work.

I think first method will get patched really soon, also I dont really want to play vs timmy nothumbs. I dont like having no challenge at all and just stomping lobby after lobby. It is like playing vs bots literally, it doesnt satisfy me. I like playing vs average and above average players and outplaying them.

In reguards to central europe, I always assumed that any country to the east of germany (poland, Czech rep. etc.) is actually eastern europe already. In my book Hungary is def. eastern europe. But dont quote me on that.

Yeah ofcourse someone from SA will lag in a european lobby or vice versa. It doesnt make sense to even party with someone from ireland as theyre already too far away from mainland europe and ping will be bad, let alone party up with someone from NA/SA.

Many "gameplay-youtubers" abused 1st method with joining a noob account and playing vs bad players in protected bracket. I couldnt do it, it would bore the crap out of me after 1 hour. But I guess they were earning good money with their gameplay videos on YT, so it made it more bearable to play in those timmy nothumb lobbies. Also they could feel better about themselves thinking that theyre actually "beast" players after destroying all the handicapped players. Its good that all of them got exposed.
« Last Edit: 02:28 PM - 12/23/20 by Santigold »

Offline DraqonXXX

• View Profile

I think first method will get patched really soon, also I dont really want to play vs timmy nothumbs. I dont like having no challenge at all and just stomping lobby after lobby. It is like playing vs bots literally, it doesnt satisfy me. I like playing vs average and above average players and outplaying them.

In reguards to central europe, I always assumed that any country to the east of germany (poland, Czech rep. etc.) is actually eastern europe already. In my book Hungary is def. eastern europe. But dont quote me on that.

Yeah ofcourse someone from SA will lag in a european lobby or vice versa. It doesnt make sense to even party with someone from ireland as theyre already too far away from mainland europe and ping will be bad, let alone party up with someone from NA/SA.

Many "gameplay-youtubers" abused 1st method with joining a noob account and playing vs bad players in protected bracket. I couldnt do it, it would bore the crap out of me after 1 hour. But I guess they were earning good money with their gameplay videos on YT, so it made it more bearable to play in those timmy nothumb lobbies. Also they could feel better about themselves thinking that theyre actually "beast" players after destroying all the handicapped players. Its good that all of them got exposed.

It's very easy to check, wikipedia is a simple, reliable source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Europe .
You also mentioned France... so your geography is way off in general.

About enjoyment against Timmys.... I'd like to ask: how many times have you tried doing it? I suggest, AS A CHALLENGE, try to get a nuke on them. Just one. You may not find it as easy as you assume it is.

As for the youtubers getting "exposed", only that black dude got exposed, the others, like KoreanSavage came forward, and initially got praised for being honest (even the black dude tried and somewhat successfully managed to spin it that way). And it's not all disabled or EXTREMELY bad players all the time. Korean's nuking of a disabled girl was a rare outlier. And it was lame of the otherwise great youtuber Blametruth to pull a 180 on Korean after he finally came out of the closet.

The real exposing is being done by people like MurdaShow, and Eight Thoughts in this video for example, about FIVE different SBMM algorythms screwing you over... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFy3VPYQfaI. Wake up! Activision is straight Satan. The matchmaking algorythms are even made by a company called DEMONware. The only way to fight back against these systems is to be ruthless against the weaker players. Only that can push them toward a ping-only based matchmaking.Just like in South America, it took the absolute sadistic savagery and unfair warfare of the conquistadors to bring down the bloated, backward, corrupt and human sacrificing Aztec and Inca empires.

Finally, as for it getting patched... I've learned about that method since the Cold War beta, I believe I learned about it from youtube sources. It's possible they will TRY to patch it, but it won't be easy. And we'll find other ways, it's a war against an evil corporation trying to protect it's timmys, feeding them money, a war fought by the people with skill. I realise I ask a lot, to shed the shackles of morality holding you back.But like I said, it's the only way to adress the SBMM problem, and not only have fairer matches, but better ping. Also... they might not be in a real big hurry to patch, since it sells them 2 copies of the game the more people do it. They are also extremely incompetent, these COD games have been bricking consoles at times, so they might only be able to do anything at the next COD release.
« Last Edit: 01:41 PM - 12/24/20 by DraqonXXX »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
It's very easy to check, wikipedia is a simple, reliable source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Europe .
You also mentioned France... so your geography is way off in general.

Yeah France etc. was wrong, but this sentence on Wiki claims: "Central Europe includes contiguous territories that are sometimes also considered parts of Western Europe, Southern Europe and Eastern Europe." So yeah its a bit weird, seems to not be unanimous what is what.

As for the youtubers getting "exposed", only that black dude got exposed, the others, like KoreanSavage came forward, and initially got praised for being honest (even the black dude tried and somewhat successfully managed to spin it that way). And it's not all disabled or EXTREMELY bad players all the time. Korean's nuking of a disabled girl was a rare outlier. And it was lame of the otherwise great youtuber Blametruth to pull a 180 on Korean after he finally came out of the closet.

Honestly, anyone who has the slightest bit of skill knew it already that these clowns like Korean, Swagg etc. were joining a second account that has trash stats. That moron Swagg uploaded a nuke on Shippment in MW19 with akimbo Deagles or smth again literally bot players. These kind of lobbies dont exist on a normal account without reverse boosting or joining session in progress on 2nd account with bad stats.

You kinda seem to be new to all that SBMM stuff? It was already in Advanced Warfare and really sick SBMM as well. And it is not hard to patch. Ppl were trying to do the same stuff in AW (join lobbies of bad players), but devs patched it. I tried doing it back in AW, tried to join a lobby of a random player who I played with in TDM who had really bad stats, but received a message "Your skill is above the lobby you are trying to join" or something like that and it didnt work. It is really not hard to patch, they will find a way. As you know noobs have high monetary value for Activision and they will do everything required to protect them.

The real exposing is being done by people like MurdaShow, and Eight Thoughts in this video for example, about FIVE different SBMM algorythms screwing you over... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFy3VPYQfaI. Wake up! Activision is straight Satan. The matchmaking algorythms are even made by a company called DEMONware. The only way to fight back against these systems is to be ruthless against the weaker players.

Yeah I follow those channels and know whats going on. Also "average Ol gaming" channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKxk3z9c4czPSxPvtwbg04w who also did quite a bit of exposing. I know all these channels that are critical of Activision and COD shills.

I feel like those methods to nerf a player in real time is nothing new, at least to me personally. This variable connection thing (latency increase, hit box size decrease, crippling the accuracy, bullets that dont register etc.) - I experience this nonsense since BO3 actually. Either that or 3arcs engine is really that trash.

Tbh SBMM was first introduced in BO2 (afaik), in the very first 2-3 weeks or so they had thick SBMM esp. in FFA. But after a huge sheet storm on social media, they removed it. Back then loot boxes, DLC content and season pass didnt exist, so it they didnt have a big reason to keep SBMM in the game. Starting with AW, where loot boxes were first implemented, they also at the same time implemented heavy SBMM. But back then it was easy to work around it. Ppl bought modded accounts with like 0.000001 KD and 1 million deaths or so and could play in the noob bracket. Back then, they didnt have methods to monitor every single game and adjust lobbies on the fly / in real time based on recent performance. Also lobbies didnt disband back in the day, it only came with MW19. Lobby disbanding is a huge factor with SBMM, it couldnt work without disbanding lobbies properly.

If anything, those god accounts in AW only proved that Activision wont backpedal from their strategy with SBMM, if anything, they improved the methods and made them much harder to circumvent. They only need to patch the lobby joining of bad players and thats it, theres no other method to get into those noob lobbies. I mean yeah one could just waste time in 2-3 games by playing extremely bad and then the algorithm eventually would put one in a noob lobby, but thats just too much wasted time for what its actually worth.

Offline DraqonXXX

• View Profile

I got AW on release and were up to date on it's SBMM. As I've mentioned on the mouse sensitivity poll thread, I'm the proud owner of a title no one cares about: world's highest AW K/D on Xbox, a K/D of 9 at a rank currently below 900 out of nearly 9 million in TDM, achieved since may this year on my current account (had dozens of accounts before). I'm also the proud owner of another "whoop-de-doo" useless record, highest FFA K/D on PS4 AW, I'm in the top 10 there, achieved from scratch in the year 2018. To add more useless flexing, while I'm fairly new to COD (my first one was Ghosts), I'm the most OG FPS player that still plays: my first one was Wolfenstein 3D in 92. Loved butchering those live dogs, especially with knives. Back then, it wasn't robot or zombie dogs, developers had balls back then, weren't afraid of softie tears.

Anyway, while my FFA record in 18' was more or less legit (I used XIM), to get the 9 K/D TDM, I used one of the "god" accounts you've mentioned. I could only acquire one this May, even though I knew about them since not long after release. I'm still dropping nukes with it, the god accounts aren't patched. They did patch suicides, but that can easily be solved by a Titan/Cronus script, there is one from AW days you can still google titled "reverse boost on autopilot", all that needs to be modified on that, is not to kill yourself, just shoot instead of throwing grenades. Or throw them at a rate that doesn't exceed the number of allowed suicides within the time limit.

So you're right that they will try to patch it, but so far, they've tried patching it in AW and failed (GOD accounts), they allowed joining of random scrubs doing bad in MW19, and they are still currently allowing session joining in CW, although since season 1, they are nerfing the aim, but it just makes it more balanced, that just keeps it from getting boring my dude! So you see, I'd say it's not boring (again, how many reverse boosting have you done since after AW? If none, you can't really know for sure it would bore you), and it is doable, it's always been doable. You're right, the future does look bleak, but them patching it in the next month might not happen for the reasons I've mentioned: their gross incompetence and the fact they benefit financially from people trying this getting 2nd copies of the game. It even would make people buy 2nd consoles, which might prompt the console makers to pressure Activision not to patch it. So... the only valid reason not follow in the youtubers footsteps is financial considerations (if you don't feel like spending on a 2nd console and game... and subscriptions... maybe even a 2nd display).

One final thing... if they do patch session joining in CW, that would break their silence on the SBMM issue, which would be very bad PR for them, things have changed since those times, this issue didn't trend on twitter and youtube as it did recently. In this recent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ob6747TfiE, Drift0r is again, like every year, shilling for his Activision masters, calling you a lunatic if you think the nerfing exists. I don't think they could handle the backlash if the session joining would say "can't join due to skills not matching".

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
One final thing... if they do patch session joining in CW, that would break their silence on the SBMM issue, which would be very bad PR for them, things have changed since those times, this issue didn't trend on twitter and youtube as it did recently. In this recent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ob6747TfiE, Drift0r is again, like every year, shilling for his Activision masters, calling you a lunatic if you think the nerfing exists. I don't think they could handle the backlash if the session joining would say "can't join due to skills not matching".

Well its strange tbh. I remember when I tried to join a bad player's lobby in AW, it would literally not let me and give me the message something like "your skill is way above the lobby average" and would not let me join.

So you see, I'd say it's not boring (again, how many reverse boosting have you done since after AW? If none, you can't really know for sure it would bore you), and it is doable, it's always been doable.

Yeah in fact, that was the only time I tried joining a bad player's lobby, which didnt work. I never reverse boosted or tried to join a bad player's lobby after this one time in AW. Mostly because I dont know man, I dont feel like being able to brag about COD stats will give me anything. Usually if a COD is unbearable with SBMM or all the cheese and noob friendly stuff in the game, I will just not play it, rather than try to put more effort into it by lobby surfing for noob lobbies, reverse bossting or joining a session on a low stats account.

Heck I think Korean did that type of sheet (either session joining on trash accounts or hardcore lobby shopping) even back in the day in Infinite Warfare. I couldnt believe how trash the players were he was playing against, so that even in hardcore mode where it takes like 1-2 bullets to kill someone, apparently noone was able to kill him in those HC nuclears he uploaded.

Even back in the day I knew it was some hardcore lobby surfing or some other sheet. Also sometimes big youtubers had arranged lobbies, with some feeders on the enemy team. There are many ways to fake or artificially achieve high score gameplays. Hence why I dont even care about those on youtube.

Even 1.5 KD below average players could get a sick high kill gameplay if they lobby surf long enough, so high kill gameplays dont say much.

If someone can record a whole 4-5 hours gaming session and upload it to YT without editing, playing solo and having like 3+ average KD during the gaming session (in Cold War), then I will watch that, pay the person respect and learn from it. This is what I do, I upload the whole gaming session of 3-4 hours without cuts or editing. Well I used to do it, but took a long break from uploading.

Everything else I dont care about. When I check out COD tracker top 1000 list in terms of KD- tons of ppl are either partying up, which is much easier even in CW in terms of opponents and SBMM in general, than playing solo or they join session of accounts with bad stats etc. or they arrange games with feeders on the opposite team. I still managed to be in top 1% kd-wise without doing all that nonsense. The reason why I wouldnt mind having 1 more player to party up with though is because Im playing vs parties of tryhards in TDM alot, meanwhile the game puts all the scrubs in my team. I can still hold my own vs those parties, but a little bit change and variety wouldnt hurt, if I could party up with 1 more skilled player occasionally. But to be honest, it is not a must, again I can hold my own really well. Even in games I lose, I make sure to have a good KD at least. If anything I become better by being forced to play vs parties of tryhard sweats.

Even though I didnt reverse boost or join low stat accs, I can still answer you question. Sometimes I play BO4 in a 3-5 man party, even recently. Last time I played was like a week ago. In BO4 there is no SBMM and 90% of the time we completely stomp the enemy team. By completely stomping I really mean completely stomping, its like a slaughterhouse. Just 1-2 weeks ago we had a 100-2 TDM. Yes the entire enemy team got only 2 kills against us. On average the enemy team doesnt get more than 15-20 kills in TDM against us.

As much as it feels "sensational" at first, it gets boring really quickly, at least to me. Its like shooting fish in a barrel. See I have the choice of annihilating lobbies in BO4 with my team or playing solo CW with thick SBMM (my mates refuse to play CW) and I freely choose to play CW solo and sweat. I do rage alot in CW, dont get me wrong and having to sweat and tryhard all the time isnt allways the experience I want from a COD game. But at least it gives me some challenge. Playing against ultra casual players (kids or 40+ ppl), who probably just picked up a cod for the first time, dont have all the gear that us FPS veterans do (best headsets, lowest input lag monitors, scuf/elite controllers, xim, titan2/cronus zen etc.) or even against handicapped ppl and stomping them out lobby after lobby really bores me.

Im no advocate for SBMM dont get me wrong, ideally it should be a random mix of all sorts of skill players, like it used to be in older cods. But using methods to get into brackets of complete noobs and stomping them out round after round is not my cup of tea. I dont judge anyone who does it, different strokes for different folks, but if everyone is honest- that doesnt punish activisions method of SBMM or will force them to remove SBMM in any way. It only punishes ppl who are already challenged/handicapped in some way.

And I know that there arent many other alternatives, to "stick" it to activision and kinda force them to tone down SBMM or remove it completely, but if we stay realistic- stomping out noob lobbies by joining sessions of bad players or accounts with bad stats, it will not change anything with the current SBMM situation, doesnt matter how many ppl will do it. If anyting, activision will implement additional measurements to make it impossible. At the end of the day, money> everything, so before Activision will bow down because some angry nerds are joining protected noob lobbies and stomp them out, they will implement 20 more measures to make this impossible.

Other games already do this, like Dota. If the skill gap is too large between 2 players, you simply cant party up together. It might suck that these ppl cant play together, but the problem is that you cant make balanced and even experience in such scenarios. The highest skilled player will wreck every opponent, but the other high skill player on the enemy team. Everyone else will just be cannon fodder in between, until he runs into the other high skill playerm then it will be 50/50 between them who wins the gunfight, but every time these high skill players run into low skill players, they will completely destroy them in every gun fight.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Having written all that, I will come out straight and will be first to admit that I dont play in a "clean" way. The things I use are:

a) LOD Bias graphical tweaks (there are many YT videos showing it in different FPS games)
b) I use XIM on PC for aim assist while using keyboard & mouse
c) I use Titan 2 with antirecoil scripts and autofire scripts

Thing I dont use are:

1) Wallhack
2) Aimbot or any sort of automated aiming help

Now the reasoning for points a-c, not that I feel like I need to justify myself in any shape, but I will do it for the sake of completeness:

a) LOD Bias tweaks are kinda grey zone. It is not an actual cheat, but in certain games with alot of clutter on the maps etc., it can improve the visibilty of player models significantly. Some games like CS Go have effective methods to block this low level graphical tweak, but usually it is not treated as a cheat. However if you stream games with LOD Bias tweaks, it might get your acc banned if some game devs see it, because this sort of tweak is not tolerated in most fps games. The visibility in CW is utter trash, player models blend in with the background too much, I feel like it is another intended way to add more randomness into the game and reduce the skill gap this way. With this thick SBMM as in CW (Im playing vs many top 5% players in the world very often), I dont really accept this bad visibility be it intentional or unintentional. On top of that, LOD Bias is a tweak that anyone can do without getting banned if you dont stream the game, so I am not going to put myself at a disadvantage vs some tryhard nerds who use it.

b) With crossplay I play against many other top 5% console players in the world who get significant advantages with Aim Assist, so with this heavy SBMM playing against the biggest sweaty tryhard nerds I am not going to put myself at a disadvantage by not taking advantage of aim assist. I think this post is pretty honest so far, so honestly Im not exaggerating when I claim that if I adjusted the mouse sensitivity for hip + ads using native Mouse input on PC, like tune it really to perfection, I could aim just as good as I do with the xim, but after spending so many years on consoles playing console shooters (since COD4 on consoles) I just got used to the aiming feel with the XIM and I dont feel like relearning everything again for now, not with the thick SBMM going on. My muscle memory is used to aiming with XIM, it would take a while to recalibrate the muscle memory for native KB + M input. Again - without this insane SBMM, I would have no issues to play with native KB + Mouse on PC, I would rather accept it, but because I face gfuel snorting sweats alot, Im not going to start the re-learning process with native KB+M for now.

c) basically alot of stuff mentioned in (b) applies here. Many sweats who are in top 5-10% worldwide rank use it, so Im not gonna put myself at a disadvantage here. To be honest though- antirecoil scripts arent as useful in CW, since most weapons dont have alot of recoil if you put proper attachments on them, but it could save you 1 attachment point that you could use for something else.

So yeah there you go. This is how things roll in this day and age. Crap ton of ppl use Cronus Zens, Titan 2s, scripts, XIMs etc. in 2020. I would guess that the majority (more than 50%) of top 5% players do it. So it is either- you put yourself at a disadvantage by not using them when SBMM matches you vs other sweats in top 5% or you hop on board and use this stuff yourself.

Offline DraqonXXX

• View Profile
My man,

In AW, yes, I understood and believed you the first time you've told me it said you couldn't join due to skill difference. I've seen it back in the day on youtube. What I'm saying is, back then, SBMM, while it had been trending pretty hard, did not trend nearly as much as it does today. Back then, Michael Condrey did a "fireside chat" in defense of SBMM. Today, with the backlash it's getting, they are very adamant in not saying a single word about it, and through drift0r, trying to put the burden of proof upon us, rather than making a statement. If they repeated the unjoinable lobby thing they did in AW, they would expose themselves.

While I think Korean is one of the cringiest of youtubers, I have to defend him on the lobby surfing, he had been transparent about that as well (as having been the first to willingly come forward with reverse boosting, even though, he correctly predicted people would still judge him, despite, for example, BlameTruth promising he would not). MarkOfJ gets a lot more respect than korean, and while his stuff is just as much of a fake cringe fest as far as I'm concerned (this is subjective, most people are OK with him), even though he's been a lot less transparent about what he does. I don't think he ever bothered to say anything about the matter.

The reason I think you might enjoy playing with the youtuber method is because the lack of their skill is counterbalanced by the game nerfing your aim in real time, and in your case especially, lag. Since the mainstream of the global COD population is Europe-East coast. As a South American, I don't think it's only the geographical distance causing you lag, I think the infrastructure is probably inferior. The only way to tell is if you test... when I use the speedest app, or even better, go to fast.com, I get a 2-3 baseline ping (to the closest server), and on fast.com on PS4 pro, I get a 2-3 unloaded and 4-11 unloaded ping on good days, up to the 20-27 loaded on bad ones. I strongly encourage you to test your connection to the closest server on these (or similar) sites to find out about your base lag before the distance is even factored in. On the other hand though, lag can be an advantage if it hits a lag-comp sweet spot. We know that in MW3's first year, lagging gave you an extreme advantage, and in WW2, a slight advantage. BO3 had client-side lagswitching ability somehow. But in games like MW2 or AW, the host gets a slight advantage, as they should, the rest are doing better the better their connection is to the host.

I'm very curious about the recoil script. Can you share it? I have a titan two but I haven't even tried it yet, I need to buy a memory card for it I guess, or does it have internal memory for a few scripts? I was under the impression from these very XIM forums (I think antithesis said it) that the recoil scripts only help if you're low-medium skill, caus it messes with your aim if you're a top level player. In which game does the recoil script help you the most? BO4 or CW?

Edit:Well, breaking news, they've apparently toned down (removed?) sbmm in Cold War! You should be able to hold your own solo now, my boy.

« Last Edit: 07:37 PM - 12/26/20 by DraqonXXX »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
My man,

In AW, yes, I understood and believed you the first time you've told me it said you couldn't join due to skill difference. I've seen it back in the day on youtube. What I'm saying is, back then, SBMM, while it had been trending pretty hard, did not trend nearly as much as it does today. Back then, Michael Condrey did a "fireside chat" in defense of SBMM. Today, with the backlash it's getting, they are very adamant in not saying a single word about it, and through drift0r, trying to put the burden of proof upon us, rather than making a statement. If they repeated the unjoinable lobby thing they did in AW, they would expose themselves.

While I think Korean is one of the cringiest of youtubers, I have to defend him on the lobby surfing, he had been transparent about that as well (as having been the first to willingly come forward with reverse boosting, even though, he correctly predicted people would still judge him, despite, for example, BlameTruth promising he would not). MarkOfJ gets a lot more respect than korean, and while his stuff is just as much of a fake cringe fest as far as I'm concerned (this is subjective, most people are OK with him), even though he's been a lot less transparent about what he does. I don't think he ever bothered to say anything about the matter.

The reason I think you might enjoy playing with the youtuber method is because the lack of their skill is counterbalanced by the game nerfing your aim in real time, and in your case especially, lag. Since the mainstream of the global COD population is Europe-East coast. As a South American, I don't think it's only the geographical distance causing you lag, I think the infrastructure is probably inferior. The only way to tell is if you test... when I use the speedest app, or even better, go to fast.com, I get a 2-3 baseline ping (to the closest server), and on fast.com on PS4 pro, I get a 2-3 unloaded and 4-11 unloaded ping on good days, up to the 20-27 loaded on bad ones. I strongly encourage you to test your connection to the closest server on these (or similar) sites to find out about your base lag before the distance is even factored in. On the other hand though, lag can be an advantage if it hits a lag-comp sweet spot. We know that in MW3's first year, lagging gave you an extreme advantage, and in WW2, a slight advantage. BO3 had client-side lagswitching ability somehow. But in games like MW2 or AW, the host gets a slight advantage, as they should, the rest are doing better the better their connection is to the host.

I'm very curious about the recoil script. Can you share it? I have a titan two but I haven't even tried it yet, I need to buy a memory card for it I guess, or does it have internal memory for a few scripts? I was under the impression from these very XIM forums (I think antithesis said it) that the recoil scripts only help if you're low-medium skill, caus it messes with your aim if you're a top level player. In which game does the recoil script help you the most? BO4 or CW?

Edit:Well, breaking news, they've apparently toned down (removed?) sbmm in Cold War! You should be able to hold your own solo now, my boy.

"Edit:Well, breaking news, they've apparently toned down (removed?) sbmm in Cold War! You should be able to hold your own solo now, my boy." Well I was able to hold my own solo even before this change (provided this change with toned down sbmm is actually real and not some temporary thing), but at times it would get tiresome to vers parties of tryhards meanwhile trying to carry a team of monkeys at the same time.

As far as anti recoil is concerned, I use the BO4 script by user 101 with manual no-recoil (not autodetected). There is a proper Cold War script by user101, but I didnt bother installing it as I am so far satisfied with how the BO4 script performs. I wouldnt say it messes with your aim if youre a skilled player. It is however not a huge advantage. Ppl just shouldnt assume that the anti-recoil script makes every weapon shoot like a laser with 0 recoil and no downsides. Cause thats not what it is in reality. Because different weapons have different recoil patterns, there is still some recoil going on, with some weapons it will slightly go upwards, with some weapons it will slightly go downwards, because the weapon has much less recoil than others etc. so you still have to somewhat compensate when aiming either aiming downwards or upwards slightly. But its not 1-setting fits all solution. You can tune the script perfectly for one particular weapon, but then if you run out of ammo and need to pick up a random weapon, it will not perform the same as the weapon you tweaked your script for.

As a sidenote, yesterday I played TDM on PS5 for a few hours, without joining second account or anything like that. Just played normally. And holy crap is the visibility trash. I have one of the best 4k monitors out there and on pc everything is sharp and crisp, especially after my graphics tuning. But on PS5 man- especially when you increase FOV to like 100 and above, it looks like a 1080p game in terms of sharpness or even worse, because the dynamic resolution goes down, since you can see a significantly bigger area on your screen that needs to be rendered.

Also playing at 60 fps coming from PC where I have constant 160fps with Freesync, which is like 3x more fluid- it feels like watching a slide show, where you switch pictures one by one on a projector. I tried the 120fps mode, but with my current monitor it only works at 1080p + 120hz, since it lacks HDMI 2.1, but it was way too blurry, the aiming and all that felt better at 120hz however.

Overal, my stats are only slightly worse on PS5 (i turned off crossplay on ps5 while playing) than playing on PC with crossplay enabled, but it was so much less fun playing, because of the trash visibility on consoles. The visibility is straight dumpster tier on consoles. Its a blurry mess at long distance. Also for some reason the xim didnt perform as good as on PC. On PC the xim performs significantly better than on PS5, it is less floaty with less weird acceleration at times. On PS5 I kept overshooting a target often, like when you move your crosshair 1 cm past the target, it would feel like some weird acceleration shoots you crosshair way further away from the target automatically. I dont think it is xims fault actually, but probably how it is implemented on consoles.

Either way it is just straight trash playing on consoles. Stuttery experience with 60fps- if youre used to playing on 144hz+ monitors, 60hz looks and feels like a stuttery mess, complete outdated garbage. Game was crashing on PS5 even more than on PC. Weird shot freezes/lags all the time, in the game itself, in the PS5 OS etc. Its beyond my understanding how it has a pcie 4.0 SSD, powerful CPU, powerful GPU, yet the game, game menu and ps5 OS itself feels clunky, laggy, with short freezes, delays whenever you press something etc. I guess it is very unoptimized still at this point.

Visibility is dog crap on PS5 (esp. on higher FOV), cant change any graphical settings other than turn RTX off, thats it.

Here is how the visibility looks on PC mate, after all the tweaks I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oexdAnOACec
Its night and day difference to consoles.

Yesterday on PS5 it didnt feel like SBMM was disabled. Everyone was running the 6 perk thing with Ninja + Ghost and soundwhoring. I cant tell you how infuriating it is, that you get that Ninja + Ghost combo at like level 38. You can use a default class with ninja + Krig, but then you dont have Ghost, with constant UAV spam, youre visible on the map 24-7. Plus the silenced Krig in the default Ninja class feels like a water gun and does no real damage with default attachments it has. You basically have to chose between running around making footstep noise like an elephant but having Ghost perk and your weapon of choice or having Ninja and inuadible footsteps, but being visible on minimap 24-7 and being limited to the silenced Krig with barely any damage. I got killed countless times because of not having that combo of Ghost + Ninja. With SBMM its rage inducing to level up until that freaking level 38. I got to 32 yesterday and I was close to destroying some things I would regret having destroyed.

I had 2-3 lobbies though, where it felt that the algorithm failed at nerfing me in real time and ppl dropped dead instantly when I shot at them. Usually like half of my bullets doest register. I will upload those game as well, cause theyre such a rare occasion to happen lol.

This is my ps5 acc, almost top1% as well, just need that freaking level 38 already and will get into top 1% for sure. https://cod.tracker.gg/cold-war/profile/atvi/AbsoluteTS/mp

Considering the trash visibility, clunkyness, freezes etc. on the ps5 as well as playing solo TDM all the time, I think the stats are not bad, although not great.
« Last Edit: 02:21 PM - 12/27/20 by Santigold »

Offline DraqonXXX

• View Profile
Yeah, sorry, false alarm, I've just watched blame truth's video, but as it turns out, the activision guy's twitter was hacked, or at least he claims it was, so they don't really intend to tone down SBMM, at least, not officially. Blame truth also got into a little drama about lying to the kids, which he seemed to have explained now. IDK what's going on anymore.

Visibility is indeed trash, not on console in general, but on games like cold war, and games like battlefield, where there are way too great distances. That's why I play advanced warfare, my man. Because visibility is great, not just at 1080p on PS4, but 900p on XB1 is perfect too. Because everything is clean and bright colored, unlike all other COD games that came after it, and before it... those look like crap indeed. That's why I don't play them. And instead of top 1%, KD wise I'm top 1.

As for the aiming issue, that's the game's fault on console I would say. Possibly deliberately. They randomly changed/messed up aiming mechanics on MW2019 mid-year too.

Now, of course a higher resolution is going to look cleaner, but if the game isn't like battlefield, a battle royale game, or the last two CODs, where distances render people to small pixels, 1080p is just fine. And 120 hz should be more than enough this gen, even 60 is OK, although, again, of course 120-144 hz is going to be a ton better. The fact that it is hard to go back, doesn't mean 60 is crap. I still enjoy playing cs:go's 360 version on my xb1 at 30 fps. It's all about the gameplay. Still a better experience than PC, because the experts don't play it on console, and because there's more freedom on console, because no one owns the servers. That's the biggest thing about consoles: you don't have to worry as much about visibility tweaks, hardware upgrades, and there are NO hackers on console, with the exception of the extreme fringe example of PUBG, where you can apparently channel your internet cable through a PC to gain radar hack. At least, I couldn't find any other examples of online hacking on consoles (xb1/ps4 and later), am I missing something?

Anyway, you worry so much about graphics, and yet, like everyone else... cannot be bothered to do a simple network test to determine your baseline ping. A crucial piece of information in online gaming.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah, sorry, false alarm, I've just watched blame truth's video, but as it turns out, the activision guy's twitter was hacked, or at least he claims it was, so they don't really intend to tone down SBMM, at least, not officially. Blame truth also got into a little drama about lying to the kids, which he seemed to have explained now. IDK what's going on anymore.

Visibility is indeed trash, not on console in general, but on games like cold war, and games like battlefield, where there are way too great distances. That's why I play advanced warfare, my man. Because visibility is great, not just at 1080p on PS4, but 900p on XB1 is perfect too. Because everything is clean and bright colored, unlike all other COD games that came after it, and before it... those look like crap indeed. That's why I don't play them. And instead of top 1%, KD wise I'm top 1.

As for the aiming issue, that's the game's fault on console I would say. Possibly deliberately. They randomly changed/messed up aiming mechanics on MW2019 mid-year too.

Now, of course a higher resolution is going to look cleaner, but if the game isn't like battlefield, a battle royale game, or the last two CODs, where distances render people to small pixels, 1080p is just fine. And 120 hz should be more than enough this gen, even 60 is OK, although, again, of course 120-144 hz is going to be a ton better. The fact that it is hard to go back, doesn't mean 60 is crap. I still enjoy playing cs:go's 360 version on my xb1 at 30 fps. It's all about the gameplay. Still a better experience than PC, because the experts don't play it on console, and because there's more freedom on console, because no one owns the servers. That's the biggest thing about consoles: you don't have to worry as much about visibility tweaks, hardware upgrades, and there are NO hackers on console, with the exception of the extreme fringe example of PUBG, where you can apparently channel your internet cable through a PC to gain radar hack. At least, I couldn't find any other examples of online hacking on consoles (xb1/ps4 and later), am I missing something?

Anyway, you worry so much about graphics, and yet, like everyone else... cannot be bothered to do a simple network test to determine your baseline ping. A crucial piece of information in online gaming.

Mate first of all- BT is a snake at the end of day and a showmaster. Yes he kinda became the voice of ppl, mainly because he critisized sbmm really hard like a few other ppl. But make no mistake to assume he is a trustworthy person you can trust about everything he says or does without verifying it. The way he speaks in his videos too and stuff he talks about, one can tell that alot of it is a show. Same for 402 thunder, he is a showman and how he presents himself in his videos with all the fake lols etc. - is just a show for entertainment. You gotta think about some short clips he shows in his videos and then LoLs like a retard- he has seen those moments while playing, then while rewatching, then wile editing the video etc., theres just no way he still legitimately rolfs when doing the actual commenting over the video.

These might not be payed shills like other youtubers, but theyre just putting up a show and "acting" alot in their videos (402 and BT). The only honest ppl who arent freaking showmen are ppl like Simonb 1471, Average Ol Gaming, Murdashow etc. Also Jbowdaman at some extent. But Im sure anyone who has some slightest bit of critical thinking already figured out that 402 and bt are just actors for the most part. Yes they tell what the angry community wants to hear and thats basically it. Dont trust these snakes, esp. 402 thunder. On top of that, theres just too much clibaiting these ppl do these days.

The thing with connection is a non issue for me. I have 2 different internet connections from 2 different ISPs, which I need for my work. They are the best connections one can get in the country. One is via coax cable 1000 / 50, one is via fibreoptic DSL 300 / 50. Both have lowest ping possible, its not far away from LAN ping actually. Connection has never been an issue for me, not on PC games at least and in games with good netcode and engine. With all the Activision patents that have been brought to ppls attention recently, it seems like the bad hitdetection and netcode (broken camera angles, esp. in black ops games) is almost intended to be this way and by design. Because it adds randomness that further reduces the skill gap. It is a good way to nerf good players. Just give them artificial lag, add like 50-100ms lag compensation penalty WITHIN the actual game engine or on server side. That is how you can buff noob players and nerf good players without anyone really being able to tell exactly whats going on and why. Most ppl will just blame it on "trash servers", but in reality it might be by intention. I was afraid they would use this, because it is indeed a big factor in who gets the actual kill in a gunfight. I thought about a possibility to use the connection manipulation in favour of certain players long time ago, hoping they would never come to this idea to use this method. I hoped theyd only use SBMM etc. But as the several patents show, they have indeed also realized the huge potential of nerfing and buffing players using the connection manipulation- favouring/punishing players via adding artificial lag on the server side. It is very easily doable.

Once again, in games other than COD, esp. in PC games, I never have issues with de-sync, rubberbanding, bullets not registering and "disconnected" feel of the game. In COD sometimes it feels like everything you do is delayed, you feel like your character moves much slower and performs actions much slower than the enemy and also delayed. I wouldnt be surprised if this real time nerfing method also adds penalties to all metrics of your character- f. e. like slower sprint out time by 15%, slower ADS time by 15% etc. Just as an example.

In reguards to no hackers on consoles, well thats sadly incorrect anymore and a thing of past. Most older cods are hacked to the point where you cant play them anymore. If you want to play older cods: BO2 full of hackers, [email protected] had hackers online, but doesnt even matter since it has no players left, MW2 has plenty of hackers, MW3 also. Most old CODs are filled with hackers, its almost impossible to play those older CODs.

Now lets move to newer CODs- starting with MW19, COD has crossplay enabled by default, which most ppl dont change, esp. casuals and noobs. Since you often get matched with PC players, you can easily run into hackers or visibility modders. heck when I play on PC, about 70-80% of lobbies are crossplay lobbies with Xbox or Playstation players in there. So yeah- no hacks on consoles is a thing of past.

And because of that, I dont see a legit reason to stay on consoles. I moved over to PC, like a couple of other ppl did. F. e. NerosCinema was on consoles starting with COD4, but moved over to PC this year. Also main plattform for COD competitive is now on PC. XIM works best on PC as well and always will. Simply because you can play at 240hz i you want (or even 360hz monitors), which gives the best possible button-to-pixel delay when performing an action or aiming.

Anyway, you worry so much about graphics...

Visibility is a huge factor in competitive fps games my dude. This is why some of the best competitive fps games have amazing visibility- Valorant, CS Go, Overwatch, Quake Champions, Apex Legends etc. Because cluttered maps with trash visibility do nothing but reduce the skill gap. In fast paced fps games it should come down to faster reflexes, better aiming and movement as well as better map control. It should NOT be about creating cluttered sheetty maps with trash visibility where some ppl can sit in the dark areas which you can barely see, when someone is sitting in the shadow in a dark corner. They can see you perfectly well if youre outside, but the noob sitting in the dark corner cant be seen properly.

Honestly this was another page out of Infinity Wards and Joe Cecots book to create safe spaces for noobs with dark corners etc. that make them invisible in one of the sheetiest CODs which is Modern Warfare 19.

Remember how COD Ghosts was barely played by anyone because of the huge maps with tons of clutter and trash visibility, very dark grey/brown color tone everywhere which made it even harder to spot enemies. Everyone just stayed on BO2 instead, because it had great visibility, bright and vivid colors, nice mostly 3-lane maps with great flow. Instead of trash maps like in COD GHosts with alot of verticality, millions of camping spots etc.

Lastly, let me show you an example of how my tweaked visibility looks. One screenshot is from PS5, another is from PC version with my modified visibility. Both are at brightness 100 ingame setting.

https://imgur.com/a/KpfHeDe

« Last Edit: 04:33 PM - 12/28/20 by Santigold »

Offline DraqonXXX

• View Profile
Bro, you didn't read what I said about the hackers. I said XB1, PS4, and current gen has no hackers. Bo2 and before = ps3, xb360 = hacked to sh*t. It could be solved easily... shut down Xb3 and Ps3 online services, so they can only be played with ps4 and xb1 consoles, that would result in no hacks (actually, ps4 has no backward compatible CODs, so just Xb1 at the moment). Unfortunately, it will probably never happen, too many nostalgianerds and poor people would cry and start going full Unabomber Ted Kacinsky on sony and microsoft. Same goes for crossplay... turn that sh*t off on console = no hackers, my pedigree chum! I'm living proof on Advanced Warfare. But also on all the other cods on PS4/XB1, never ran into hackers, I just sucked at them, so barely went over a 2 KD, if that. The firmware of PS4 and XB1 hadn't been cracked for online mods (ps4 had been cracked for offline, so you can install friggin linux... whoop di doo).

Youtubers: Yeah, thunder and BT are showmen, but that doesn't make them "snakes". They are entertainers. The sad reality is, no one cares how good someone is, that's not why someone would watch a vid. My buddy iNuschel was rank 1 the first week in cold war, and has a 9-ish K/D (pro players have less than 2). He was also the first to drop a nuke during the beta. His channel gets 30-70 views per video. During BO4 I've seen a guy upload better gameplay than TheMarkOfJ, and that guy had only a few hundred views. I keep bragging about being the world's best at AW, and I don't even get the slightest reaction on this forum, or anywhere else. OK, AW is old and hated by many, but the trend here is very clear.

Delays: lag on purpose shinanigans MIGHT be the case, but you should try a netduma first, and try staying on your continent, see if that fixes lag. Let's hope there are enough people, since mfers in places like Brazil are still playing 8-bit consoles, even a 16 bit genesis or SNES counts as NEXT GEN, or hell, even a non-ripoff brand of 8-16 bit sega/nintendo would mean you're approaching the higher echelons of society. Tech would be hard enough to afford, but the government compounded that by taxing it so it costs like over 1K. So you might as well just travel to the US/Europe or any, well, excuse my arrogance, but civilized part of the world to buy one.

Again, yes, visibility is key. But playing on a PC, aka HACKFEST and SWEAT machine for the superior graphics is not the only solution. Yes, Ghosts and every COD besides AW has dogsh*t visibility on console. That's why I play AW in 900p, and CS:GO in 720p. I also have no problem on my 1989 game boy looking at tetris dx in 8 bit, although I did need a backlight, but the low resolution doesn't stop me from seeing what's going on. Before you say a shooter is different, your own post shows such examples: you mention BO2 and older cods. Well, they were BELOW 720p. I played Quake 1 in 1996 in higher resolution than that. This double standard annoys me a lot: everyone loved the Xb360/Ps3 gen, even though they couldn't even reach full 720p, but people were super slow to embrace the PS4 gen, and never showed the same enthusiasm for it, even though it FINALLY reached full 1080p right at launch for games like Ghosts (the glitched fps is another story). Mfers would rather say they'd go PC. Just like they do with this gen change. Same nonsensical double standards with Blu ray discs. Far bigger jump in quality from DVD to BLU ray than DVD was from VHS, but people never adopted blu ray... went to netflix (or other digital methods) from DVD, and kept crappy DVD's forever.
« Last Edit: 06:52 PM - 12/28/20 by DraqonXXX »

Offline LyndonLauder

• View Profile
Santigold would you please share your graphics settings for the second pictures I would like to make my game look like that, thanks!

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Santigold would you please share your graphics settings for the second pictures I would like to make my game look like that, thanks!

Sure, I'll send you a PM.

Again, yes, visibility is key. But playing on a PC, aka HACKFEST and SWEAT machine for the superior graphics is not the only solution.

My honest experience so far, after playing for like 1 day total ingame playtime is that on PC Ive only ran into hackers just 2-3 times, maybe 4-5 at max. Those were like very obvious hackers with aimbot or wallhack. Now it is possible that some more ppl were using WH or automatic aiming assistance and were very subtle about it, but honestly it was very rare that someone had insane scores in my lobbies.

Im surprised too that there werent more hacks. I guess in Warzone theres more hacking going on, because its a f2p game and you basically dont lose any money if you use hacks and get banned. Whereas in normal multiplayer, youd have to create a new account and new key for CW every time you get banned, so you actually lose money. Cant keep hacking infinitely, at one point it will start getting very costly, for literally no benefit at all.

Also theres really no need to hack in CW. You could just create 2nd acc with bad stats and join session of the 2nd acc and play against bots literally and get insane scores.

Now I assume there are more ppl on PC with visibility tweaks, but if you use it yourself, its an even field this way and youre at no disadvantage.

I had a netduma here, it is mostly snake oil tbh. Not mostly, it is nothing but snake oil in my personal experience. hence why I sold this trash. Geo thing doesnt do anything, I play on local servers mostly all the time anyway. Again, please understand what I wrote. I have zero absolutely zero issues with connection in PC games and any other game than COD. The lag comp in newer COD titles is just designed in a way to punish people with very low ping. And with the new patents that were brought to ppls attention recently, it does indeed seem like manipulation of the lag compensation seems to be one of many ways Activision uses to nerf good players in real time.

I can play Cs Go and it feels like on LAN with both of my internet lines.
« Last Edit: 04:14 PM - 12/29/20 by Santigold »

Admin