XIM Community

Please bring the ps5 firmware to xim4 too  (Read 872 times)

Offline iceburn

• View Profile
Please bring the ps5 firmware to xim4 too
« on: 09:48 AM - 12/22/20 »
Please bring the Apex ps5 firmware to the xim4. A lot of us still have the xim4 and would like to have it on it too.

Thanks

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
Re: Please bring the ps5 firmware to xim4 too
« Reply #1 on: 10:54 AM - 12/22/20 »
Apparently, the XIM4 doesn't have the memory to support a PS5 firmware patch. So we're out of luck there.

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:56 AM - 12/29/20 »
that seems like an easy answer.  It seems that they are not interested to make compatible xim4 to increase sales of the apex

Offline djpf

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: djpf
« Reply #3 on: 09:13 AM - 12/29/20 »
Hacer una actualización de pago si supone mucho trabajo hacer compatible XIM4 con PS5. No es justo tener que comprar el xim apex solo porque os de mucho trabajo

Offline DeeMo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BwA DeeMo
« Reply #4 on: 10:34 AM - 01/16/21 »
I have the Xim4 and my son has the Apex....I do not like the design change.  Having the apex stick out of the front of my playstaion with all the wires to the hub looks terrible.  I hope they go back to a hub design like the Xim 4 with the next version.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 11:46 AM - 01/16/21 »
I have the Xim4 and my son has the Apex....I do not like the design change.  Having the apex stick out of the front of my playstaion with all the wires to the hub looks terrible.  I hope they go back to a hub design like the Xim 4 with the next version.

You can always run an extension cable from your console to your XIM APEX (it's what I do actually). Just make sure to keep the extension cable at 6' or under.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:53 PM - 01/16/21 »
And coukd you reconsider to make Xim4 compatible with ps5?

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:57 PM - 01/16/21 »
Ramdi-the creators do not need this, there is enough memory, they hammered a bolt on users xim4 8)

Offline HemiRoiD

• A Bigger Pain
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: HemiRoiD
« Reply #8 on: 07:31 PM - 01/21/21 »
I have a xim4 its been great .but I do not want to buy a apex...I will wait till something after that comes out
Razer  Orbweaver /Razer Mamba/PS4/Asus mx279h/XIM4
Straight Talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel Android

Offline HemiRoiD

• A Bigger Pain
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: HemiRoiD
« Reply #9 on: 05:31 PM - 01/22/21 »
I have a xim4..... if I buy a new one I want a xim5 .....not apex.....how long I have to wait?????
the apex will be on the edge
Razer  Orbweaver /Razer Mamba/PS4/Asus mx279h/XIM4
Straight Talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel Android

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #10 on: 10:36 PM - 01/22/21 »
The xim4 is memory limited, there's litterly not enough room to bring ps5 or xsx controller support over to it. Please take off the tinfoil hats and accept it instead of rudily and unfoundedly accusing the devs of trying to "swindle you" into buying the apex.

I have a xim4..... if I buy a new one I want a xim5 .....not apex.....how long I have to wait?????
the apex will be on the edge

They have stated there is no plans to make a new xim anytime soon, the apex is still the newest and most relevant adapter.

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:36 PM - 01/22/21 »
Perhaps there will be another way for XIM4?I dont know.The situation is now unfavorable(∩︵∩)

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:16 AM - 01/23/21 »
I think that we will have to search another different brand.

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #13 on: 03:52 PM - 01/23/21 »
Perhaps there will be another way for XIM4?I dont know.The situation is now unfavorable(∩︵∩)

Let's keep in mind the xim4 is nearly 7 years old now (I got mine 6.5 years ago), it has been replaced by the xim apex which was built with much more memory room in it. I totally get your disappointment, I love my xim4 but I also understand that a device built 7 years ago they probably didn't account for this issue were seeing now.

But let me ask you this, after 7 years your @#$% about having to support the developer who has faithfully and constantly been releasing nonstop updates for games for free? I was more than happy to buy my xim apex to run my ps5, the devs deserve some extra money at some point and can only afford to keep releasing free st updates for so long. When I bought my xim4 all they promised was Xbox one and PS4 support, they never promised support for next gen so trying to brow Beat them into it when they told you why it isn't possible is a dick move.

Offline Naj

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
« Reply #14 on: 04:53 PM - 01/23/21 »
You got to be grateful that the xim 4 was supported for so many years . Maybe it's time to move on . Just buy the ximapex

Admin