XIM Community

Changing the deadzone on Cold War positives/negatives?  (Read 603 times)

Offline LyndonLauder

• View Profile
On coldwar you can change the deadzone of your controller, the default being 10 and 10 was used on the official xim gameplay channel config.

Would there be negative/positive effects if I was to lower this? I can reach as low as 4 before i start to get stick drift.

Thanks!

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the deadzone on Cold War positives/negatives?
« Reply #1 on: 03:54 PM - 12/20/20 »
Yes you are going to have negative effects mainly, the only positive I can think of is the placebo effect that you think you are doing something good when you not.  ;) :)

Once you set your game with it's specific settings for XIM any change/tweak that you think to need it, should be done at the XIM manager app/Aim/Advanced like: changing your Deadzone if that is you want to do; not at the game, that is for gamers who are using an analog stick, in our case those XIM specific settings are the foundation so XIM can work properly.

« Last Edit: 04:02 PM - 12/20/20 by alanmcgregor »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Changing the deadzone on Cold War positives/negatives?
« Reply #2 on: 05:32 PM - 12/20/20 »
Completely agree with Alan. If you want to tweak your deadzone, do it with Boost in Apex Manager.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!