XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20201215] [Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5] (**LATEST**)  (Read 85889 times)

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
im currently running latest firmware for xbox and im trying to connect my controller. im using a brand new usb c cable for series x and my xim apex manager is not recognizing my controller, only recognizes my mouse and keyboard. ive also plugged in just my cable with no batteries in my controller and my controller is functioning just fine.

When you say the latest firmware you are talking the latest beta firmware for the xim correct? Have you tried manually turning the controller on shortly after the xim powers on? I've had issues in the past where if I didn't manually turn my Xbox controller on the xim would never power it up and wouldn't connect.

Offline lowrider82

• View Profile
Can we get an update on how far you are in compatibility fix with PS5 DualSense controller? Thanks.

We will know more about what's possible when officially licensed PS5 3rd party controllers start coming out.

Hi OBsiV does this mean that there will be no further ps5 compatibility related development until (and if ever)  3rd party officially licensed controllers come to existence?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Hi OBsiV does this mean that there will be no further ps5 compatibility related development until (and if ever)  3rd party officially licensed controllers come to existence?

Correct.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
Just wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work on the PS 5 compatibility. I purchased an Apex and a Hori Mini to replace my XIM 4 and so far they're working great. I do have to unplug and reconnect the Hori as has been mentioned but otherwise it's working great.

Offline armyofbile

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: armyofbile
  • PSN ID: armyofbile
The Hori Minipad wasn't allowing me to bind R1 for Destiny 2 for what ever reason.

I had gotten it to work with the customize buttons in game. But still couldn't see inventory or Settings without swapping controllers.

Grabbed a Hori FPS Plus (Red) and that I can verify works 100%. All 3 versions likely work. & the original post just says FPS Plus 4 . While I think they are all the same as the FPS Plus.

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
That’s strange. I mostly play Destiny 2 and I haven’t had any issues using the mini pad. I have R1 bound to “E”

Offline HoltKezed

• View Profile
Greetings OBsiV,

Are there any plans to extend touchpad keybinding functionality to have at least different keys for left/right touch click?
I ask because most of the new titles have been settled on that standard and it would make it so much better for my accessibility issue, i.e.: half my fingers missing.

If there is no more touchpad functionality planned, I'll still have to let go of the mouse to use it, :( but at least the Nacon Compact appears to have a totally functional touchpad, unlike the Hori Mini.

Thank you for your time.

Offline kokopinos

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kokopinos
Greetings OBsiV,

Are there any plans to extend touchpad keybinding functionality to have at least different keys for left/right touch click?
I ask because most of the new titles have been settled on that standard and it would make it so much better for my accessibility issue, i.e.: half my fingers missing.

If there is no more touchpad functionality planned, I'll still have to let go of the mouse to use it, :( but at least the Nacon Compact appears to have a totally functional touchpad, unlike the Hori Mini.

Thank you for your time.
I have the same issue. Also, does anyone know if the nacon revolution 3 has the same problem with hori mini wired gamepad? Do you have to re plug everytime you turn on the ps5?

Offline HoltKezed

• View Profile
Yes, Kokopinos, you will have to re plug every time, forever. It was explained by OBsIV in page 30:
Hey everyone, we looked at the Hori Mini and we won't be able to fix the requirement that it needs to be plugged in after XIM APEX has been fully initialized. It turns out the Mini's USB implementation is really lacking -- it can't work through a hub.

Also,
Good to know I'm not alone facing the Hori Mini Wired's excuse of a "touchpad" :D

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
IOGEAR are testing PS5 compatibility beta firmware on there KeyMander 2 & 2 3Play, just some bugs to fix before releasing and should have some news at the end of the week.

Can you link that?

They finally figured out the 3rd party controller
"We will be releasing a beta build next week for those who want to try it, but it requires a 3rd party controller at this time. We have been able to get the PS5 to work with PS5 games using K2, but only with 3rd party controllers, not the PS5 controller yet. I will post the compatible controllers and the details when we release the firmware."

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
They finally figured out the 3rd party controller

I would hope they did, they only have 3 different examples of how to do it (Titan, us, and Cronus).

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CallouS
Not sure if this was answered yet or not sorry if I'm s broken record I'm just wondering if there are plans to eventually make the ps5 controller work with apex and if not would there be a new product coming out eventually for it to be able to work

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Not sure if this was answered yet or not sorry if I'm s broken record I'm just wondering if there are plans to eventually make the ps5 controller work with apex and if not would there be a new product coming out eventually for it to be able to work

If there is a way to make it work using a PS5 controller, then, we will. Right now, there is no path that we know of. It isn't a hardware issue -- a new XIM won't make it work. I highly recommend following Titan's progress since they are much better at this sort of thing than we are.

Offline kokopinos

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kokopinos
Yes, Kokopinos, you will have to re plug every time, forever. It was explained by OBsIV in page 30:
Hey everyone, we looked at the Hori Mini and we won't be able to fix the requirement that it needs to be plugged in after XIM APEX has been fully initialized. It turns out the Mini's USB implementation is really lacking -- it can't work through a hub.

Also,
Good to know I'm not alone facing the Hori Mini Wired's excuse of a "touchpad" :D
I also have the nacon revolution pro 3. Still waiting for my ps5. I wanna know if nacon faces the same problem as hori mini.

Offline darkleos012345

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TR-BoZKurT-CcC
I played Warzone with DS4 on PS5. I played without any problems.
I bought this controller. on Amazon ((Wired Mini Gamepad for Kids - PlayStation 4 Controller - Officially Licensed (Black) ))

Will I be able to play PS5 games with these controls smoothly?
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Logitech G POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Mouse Pad
3.200 DPI
GameSir Z1 CERRY MX RED KEYBOARD

MSI Optix MAG272C Curved Gaming Monitor
PLAYSTATION 5