XIM Community

Xim Apex on Ps5  (Read 1606 times)

Offline PattyBoy123

• View Profile
Xim Apex on Ps5
« on: 12:28 PM - 01/28/21 »
Is there any way to play Apex Legends on Ps5 with my xim apex without having the 3rd party controller that is listed on the other topic? I mean i dont wanna buy another controller and i jjust wanna play apex legends with my xim apex on my ps5! Any1 got any suggestion?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex on Ps5
« Reply #1 on: 12:55 PM - 01/28/21 »
I agree, it's not a great solution to have to buy/use a 3rd party controller. We are waiting to see what we can learn from licensed 3rd party controllers for PS5 in order to understand if we can make things work with a PS5 controller. The only other option would be to do something like Titan does where there is a forced reconnect every 8 minutes. This will disrupt gameplay for a few seconds and I don't believe would work well for us.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #2 on: 01:31 PM - 01/28/21 »
I know you can't really divulge anything (or perhaps there isn't anything to share), but has there been progress on this regarding using the actual PS5 controller?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 02:54 PM - 01/28/21 »
I know you can't really divulge anything (or perhaps there isn't anything to share), but has there been progress on this regarding using the actual PS5 controller?

No, this is why having a 3rd party PS5 controller will be helpful.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:07 PM - 01/28/21 »
To clarify, Titan Two's automatic reconnection takes 800ms. It's not ideal as it will get you killed in-game, hence the third-party controller workaround.

Brook has just released compatibility of their Wingman controller adapters for PS5 and XSX. I'll dig deeper into with my contact at Brook to see if there's anything new.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 04:06 PM - 01/28/21 »
Thanks for the correction, antithesis.

I think that compatibility you mentioned concerning Brook is just for cross console support?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 04:12 PM - 01/28/21 »
Yep, they're cross-console adapters. I'm not sure what they've done on the PS5 side - it may be the same fix as XIM, Cronus and Titan devices by using the ID of a whitelisted PS4 controller. I'll find more info.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Clane

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xClane
« Reply #7 on: 09:34 AM - 01/29/21 »
Is there any way to play Apex Legends on Ps5 with my xim apex without having the 3rd party controller that is listed on the other topic? I mean i dont wanna buy another controller and i jjust wanna play apex legends with my xim apex on my ps5! Any1 got any suggestion?

Apex Legends is still using the PS4 Version, so if you still got your PS4 Controller you could play it with them. Thatís how I do it.