XIM Community

XIM Link - Input Lag?  (Read 528 times)

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
XIM Link - Input Lag?
« on: 06:06 AM - 12/15/20 »
Hello,
does XIM Link add any input lag to my XIM Apex or is the polling rate of 1000 Hz affected?

For my setup XIM Link would be perfect, but I don't want to accept any degradation of performance from my XIM Apex.

Perhaps someone can let me know if they have noticed any downgrades. Or a developer who knows more about how XIM Link works and if it degrades performance.

Offline Cityyhunter

• Wat wer bist du denn? :-)
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Link - Input Lag?
« Reply #1 on: 01:49 AM - 12/17/20 »
Hi,
Input Lag is not easy to explain with Xim Link.
Xim Link hook the Key Input.
You use a BT or Wireless Keyboard....
But the Xim Api and the Xim Apex and the PS4 have  a limt at the USB response time.
PS4 have only 30 FPS at Multiplayer (most Games).

And in the Forum:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60606.0

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=59799.0

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:23 AM - 12/17/20 »
Mouse and Keyboard are wired.
I'm playing at PS5, if it matters.

PS5 runs at 1000 Hz. (according this Infopage: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=t2:usage_guides:systems:playstation5)

Thanks for linking the other threads, but the question, especially in relation to the PS5, has not yet been answered sufficiently.

EDIT: Sehe grad, auf Deutsch könnten wir uns auch unterhalten, da sind wir wohl aber im falschen Forum für.^^
« Last Edit: 04:36 AM - 12/17/20 by Sorothos »

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:43 AM - 12/29/20 »
@OBsIV: Can you tell, if I there will be input lag with the new beta on PS5 with XIM Link, because of XIM Link?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:59 PM - 12/29/20 »
@OBsIV: Can you tell, if I there will be input lag with the new beta on PS5 with XIM Link, because of XIM Link?

make sure you are overclocking your transfer cable to 1000 hz for zero input lag.

Check the filter button and turn off default and change it to 1000 hz.

https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf/blob/master/hidusbf.zip

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:33 AM - 01/03/21 »
Thanks for this info havoxxx!

It's very complicated, even with the README file. Without tutorial I can't do it. :/

EDIT:
Is this right?

Filter YES or NO?

How to test it?
« Last Edit: 09:46 AM - 01/03/21 by Sorothos »

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:53 AM - 01/03/21 »
Thanks for this info havoxxx!

It's very complicated, even with the README file. Without tutorial I can't do it. :/

EDIT:
Is this right?

Filter YES or NO?

How to test it?

filter yes and just see if it makes a difference.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:51 AM - 01/05/21 »
It works and I can't feel any input lag. Is there a possibility to measure input lag on PS5?

Offline Cityyhunter

• Wat wer bist du denn? :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:35 PM - 01/05/21 »
Ja kannst du.
Aber die Konsolen sind da etwas anders.
Fürs erse guck dir den an Battle(non)sense:
https://www.youtube.com/c/BattleNonSense/videos

Das ist aber PC und da erzeugt die Engine schon selber Lag oder der Netzcode.

Auf der Konsole hast du noch ein anderes Problem. 30FPS und die Tickrate des Grauens.
Zumindest PS4.

Wenn du es selber messen willst:

« Last Edit: 02:43 PM - 01/05/21 by Cityyhunter »

Offline discobiscuits

• Running into the Night
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: biscojoe42
  • PSN ID: BISCOJOE-42
« Reply #9 on: 09:23 PM - 01/06/21 »
hey

was nice to find this thread lol. i am interested in buying the xim link mainly for convenience on my PC/console setup. not so much the other technical stuff to it (tho that is awesome as well haha as i hear it is similiar to a T2?)

i had a few questions...

currently i use a IOGear 4 port USB switch to transfer my keyboard/mouse over to PC/ps4 (i plan on using the xim link/or continue using this iogear switch with my xbox when i move my ps4 to a diff room) and it works fine, though the cable/wiring is rather annoying and if i could drastically decrease that i would be happy lol, just so much of it. also... in my xim apex hub, i have my IOGear USB switch in port 2... my mouse and keyboard are plugged into the IOGear (they're not even plugged into the xim apex), does this cause input lag itself? the only thing I have plugged into my xim apex is my ds4 controller in port 3. port 1 is open. in my second setup... i don't have a PC in that room so i will be connecting everything directly to the xim apex, which is what i'm kinda aiming for on my setup now (soon to be the xbox tho).

i guess what i'm asking is... does the xim link provide a better way of transferring that? there is one left on amazon, it's used, for about $25... in good condition.. and i was planning on purchasing it.

edit: the one on amazon is used.. and more expensive then a few used ones on ebay.. can't seem to find any newer ones... for the cable that i need.... would it be best to just get a T2 and keep using the usb switch i have? lol
« Last Edit: 10:50 PM - 01/06/21 by discobiscuits »
Xbox Series X/PS4 Pro/PC | Sony Nav | G502 | Dell S2721DGF/ASUS VG245H/BenQ XL2411Z | Astro A40+MixAmp Pro TR

Discord: discobiscuits#2478

Offline discobiscuits

• Running into the Night
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: biscojoe42
  • PSN ID: BISCOJOE-42
« Reply #10 on: 09:41 PM - 01/06/21 »

make sure you are overclocking your transfer cable to 1000 hz for zero input lag.

Check the filter button and turn off default and change it to 1000 hz.

https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf/blob/master/hidusbf.zip

this is super heady knowledge ;) nerd moment... makes me remember the days of old school CS (Counter-Strike, Win98/XP days) when optical mice like the intellimouse 1.1 and 3.0, mx500 etc etc only ran at 125hz and everyone was hidusbf overclocking the polling to a solid 500hz, lol... the days of mIRC to find a "scrim" jeez i'm old

5v5 | east/west/central | y(ours) | de_any | CAL-M | pm me

i'll give you + (peons) if you idle back. much love
« Last Edit: 09:48 PM - 01/06/21 by discobiscuits »
Xbox Series X/PS4 Pro/PC | Sony Nav | G502 | Dell S2721DGF/ASUS VG245H/BenQ XL2411Z | Astro A40+MixAmp Pro TR

Discord: discobiscuits#2478

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:08 AM - 01/07/21 »
hey

was nice to find this thread lol. i am interested in buying the xim link mainly for convenience on my PC/console setup. not so much the other technical stuff to it (tho that is awesome as well haha as i hear it is similiar to a T2?)

i had a few questions...

currently i use a IOGear 4 port USB switch to transfer my keyboard/mouse over to PC/ps4 (i plan on using the xim link/or continue using this iogear switch with my xbox when i move my ps4 to a diff room) and it works fine, though the cable/wiring is rather annoying and if i could drastically decrease that i would be happy lol, just so much of it. also... in my xim apex hub, i have my IOGear USB switch in port 2... my mouse and keyboard are plugged into the IOGear (they're not even plugged into the xim apex), does this cause input lag itself? the only thing I have plugged into my xim apex is my ds4 controller in port 3. port 1 is open. in my second setup... i don't have a PC in that room so i will be connecting everything directly to the xim apex, which is what i'm kinda aiming for on my setup now (soon to be the xbox tho).

i guess what i'm asking is... does the xim link provide a better way of transferring that? there is one left on amazon, it's used, for about $25... in good condition.. and i was planning on purchasing it.

edit: the one on amazon is used.. and more expensive then a few used ones on ebay.. can't seem to find any newer ones... for the cable that i need.... would it be best to just get a T2 and keep using the usb switch i have? lol

First: You can't buy "XIM Link", you have only to buy the "Belkin transfer cable" to use the software XIM Link.

My Setup:

Mouse in PC, keyboard in PC.
Belkin transfer cable in PC, the other end in Port 2 (two dots) of XIM Apex. (transfer cable is overclocked to 1000 Hz)
In Port 3 (three dots) of XIM Apex there is the controller. Port 1 (one dot) is empty.

XIM Apex is plugged into Playstation.

Now start XIM Link and you can switch mouse and keyboard between PC and Playstation/XIM Apex with hotkey.

I don't notice any input lag or other behaviour as if plugging the XIM directly into the Playstation without XIM Link.

A Titan Two is alot better than XIM Link, because it supports nice Gamepacks and nice scripts from users. With XIM Link you can only use .ahk-scripts (Autohotkey). It is not easy to find the right ones , if you want them.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:59 AM - 01/07/21 »
Yes you cannot buy XIM Link but you should consider donating to w11ce if you enjoy the software. He did the whole software in his freetime and has spent hundreds of hours on it so far, you can find the donation link in the top bar of the XIM Link software :).

Also XIM Link processes your inputs for around 1 millisecond, so if you play on 1000hz you effectively are using 500hz.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:35 AM - 01/08/21 »
Yes you cannot buy XIM Link but you should consider donating to w11ce if you enjoy the software. He did the whole software in his freetime and has spent hundreds of hours on it so far, you can find the donation link in the top bar of the XIM Link software :).

Also XIM Link processes your inputs for around 1 millisecond, so if you play on 1000hz you effectively are using 500hz.

Alright, I didn't know that. The XIM has actually always felt perfect to me at 1000 Hz. Then I guess I'll don't use XIM Link if it degrades my polling rate.

Admin