XIM Community

COD4 mouse scroll ERROR  (Read 2897 times)

Offline hemlawk

• View Profile
COD4 mouse scroll ERROR
« on: 08:27 PM - 01/26/08 »
 I set my "Right Bumper" nade throw to the Push in Mouse scroll button. Whenever my cursor on my pc is out of the XIM Software box I get this Error. Pretty much most of the time I throw a grenade, I get this error and i have to restart the XIM software in the middle of a match, while Im standing out in the open. This usually either gets me shot or I drop my own nade at my feet which kills me.

Error: Could not query Mouse/Keyboard state
Cancelling all input translations

Should I not use the button to throw nade? For me, its the perfect button! Maybe I shouldnt use the G5 mouse...
« Last Edit: 08:53 PM - 01/26/08 by hemlawk »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: COD4 mouse scroll ERROR
« Reply #1 on: 10:19 PM - 01/26/08 »
This only happens when you press this button? XIM captures the mouse/keyboard, and, if that fails, you'll see this error. Typically that will happen if another application forces itself in the foreground (such as task manager).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline hemlawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:05 AM - 01/27/08 »
It seems to happen when I press in the scroll button and scroll a notch at the same time(while my cursor is outside the XIM software box, plus its hard not to scroll a little when pressing it in.).

I am using a Logitec G5 mouse with the Logitec mouse software. Maybe I should try a different mouse. If I just run the software(no xbox/xfps hooked up) and I can replicate the Error.

When I get home tomorrow, I'll try to work things out.

Offline hemlawk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:24 AM - 01/27/08 »
Ok, It was the Logitech SetPoint software running in the background that gave me the Error. I need to just turn it off when I game on xfps.

Thanks OBSIV!

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:52 AM - 01/28/08 »
love them errors, i use the mouse forward side button for nades and mouse back for back.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:07 AM - 10/17/08 »
Months old so likely resolved.

I'm closing this post and if anyone still needs some help they can start a new more current post.

Closed...