XIM Community

XIM4 Playstation 5  (Read 3597 times)

Offline blademan

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 Playstation 5
« Reply #45 on: 02:57 PM - 12/29/20 »
To be clear, XIM APEX doesn't really support PS5. There is a workaround right now that involves you purchase another controller that is soon to be obsolete (low availability and high price). It only works with a few controllers right now. We have no plans to create PS5 specific translators. We will not be managing separate firmwares for XIM4 and we have no plans to spend more than a month to overhaul XIM4's codebase to enable this partial support.
@OBsIV I've had a few years of good use from the Xim4 with PS4, no complaints. I don't have any issues purchasing an Apex, if the roadmap includes PS5 support for the Apex. Understood the current 3rd party controller limitation, and that's fine since one of the options is a US$30 controller that will only be used to enable the Apex and PS5.
Is there a firm xim.tech commit on the Apex roadmap to add support for PS5?

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #46 on: 08:19 AM - 12/30/20 »
To be clear, XIM APEX doesn't really support PS5. There is a workaround right now that involves you purchase another controller that is soon to be obsolete (low availability and high price). It only works with a few controllers right now. We have no plans to create PS5 specific translators. We will not be managing separate firmwares for XIM4 and we have no plans to spend more than a month to overhaul XIM4's codebase to enable this partial support.
@OBsIV I've had a few years of good use from the Xim4 with PS4, no complaints. I don't have any issues purchasing an Apex, if the roadmap includes PS5 support for the Apex. Understood the current 3rd party controller limitation, and that's fine since one of the options is a US$30 controller that will only be used to enable the Apex and PS5.

Yes, they are still working on making the Apex support the PS5 without the 3rd party controller. Also, there are still plenty of 30 dollar 3rd party controllers available, so, anyone can easily spend 30 dollars and they will be up and running. I went and bought a cheap fight stick from eBay, and everything works perfect.

The owner of Titan Two continues to work on this problem as well, and if he solves the problem, Apex users will gain that knowledge, since both teams are working together to solve the issue. Also, like I have mentioned, if you have a Titan Two, your Xim4 will work perfectly. The maker of the Titan Two will probably keep the XIM products working past this generation because his product excels at communicating.

( This is just in response to some of the other posters in this thread)
Both my Xim4 and XIM Apex are working perfectly on my PS5. No one is promised that either device will continue working on next generation consoles. You buy the device for the current generation, and you hope that it will works going forward. Both devices have provided years of use. The reason you buy a XIM, is because itís the best at what it does. We have been real lucky that OB runs a top notch operation, and continues to keep working to crack the authentication for the PS5, so that we donít need the 3rd party controller. 
« Last Edit: 09:03 AM - 12/30/20 by Maxxgold »
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #47 on: 01:09 PM - 12/30/20 »

The owner of Titan Two continues to work on this problem as well, and if he solves the problem, Apex users will gain that knowledge 

J2K is excellent at this stuff (much better than we are). If there is a solution out there, he will find it. It's our hope that he would share it with us, but, that would be up to him.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline blademan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01:51 PM - 12/30/20 »
Thanks for the responses. Apex ordered. Looks like Xim4 was purchased exactly 4 years ago, so that's great mileage.

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CallouS
« Reply #49 on: 06:56 PM - 01/22/21 »
My only question is once this is figured out will it just be xim apex or is there talks of making a completely new device to work with the ps5 I don't wanna buy an apex when there could be a completely new device in the works