XIM Community

XIM4 Playstation 5  (Read 3584 times)

Offline blademan

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 Playstation 5
« Reply #30 on: 03:19 PM - 12/28/20 »
Surely if firmware coding for ps3,4 and xbox's was deleted there would be enough room for ps5 coding? people could have a choice to update to ps5 only firmware. Or is it you don't want to support PS5 on the Xim4 to force more sales on the Apex?. It seems like the latter is more likely.
It could also be development time/hours. Assuming XIM4 and Apex have different hardware, it could require up to 2x dev hrs.

Online Edge-Effect

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07:48 PM - 12/28/20 »
Surely if firmware coding for ps3,4 and xbox's was deleted there would be enough room for ps5 coding? people could have a choice to update to ps5 only firmware. Or is it you don't want to support PS5 on the Xim4 to force more sales on the Apex?. It seems like the latter is more likely.
It could also be development time/hours. Assuming XIM4 and Apex have different hardware, it could require up to 2x dev hrs.

And? that's the reason why we pay so much for these devices "for the continued support".  I would rather them say sorry the Xim4 and the Apex (to an extent without mucking about) cannot support the new PS5 architecture, so we have a new one in development. At least then after shelling out another £120 we are all good for another 6-7 years.   

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #32 on: 07:53 PM - 12/28/20 »

That's absolutely not the case. There is a size constraint, but, what you are requesting is a major overhaul to the code (and Manager) to start removing things to make room for others. We can't invest the weeks to do a change like that. XIM4 is a completely different codebase than XIM APEX.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Online Edge-Effect

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:00 PM - 12/28/20 »

That's absolutely not the case. There is a size constraint, but, what you are requesting is a major overhaul to the code (and Manager) to start removing things to make room for others. We can't invest the weeks to do a change like that. XIM4 is a completely different codebase than XIM APEX.

ok, fair enough, can you tell me if you've got another new Xim on the horizon that will truly support the PS5? Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:54 PM - 12/28/20 »

ok, fair enough, can you tell me if you've got another new Xim on the horizon that will truly support the PS5? Thanks

Obsiv has answered this question here
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=90972.msg831293#msg831293
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:43 AM - 12/29/20 »

I think is a very good idea. Many devices has 2 or more firmware option. If you need ps4 suppor firm A. If you need ps5 support then firm B.

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:50 AM - 12/29/20 »

Nowadays xim apex is not fully functional with ps5. I cannot consideer to buy a third party controller and update mi xim4 to a xin apex. Don'y you see that the price is 50%of ps5 price?

Is really impossible to make xim4 compatible? The problem with memory size has solutions. For example to make diferent firmwares, one for each platform.

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:35 AM - 12/29/20 »
I'm still bummed about this.
I have both XIM4 and Apex, because I have a double setup (to play with GF and friends).

It's much easier to have XIM4 & Apex instead of double Apex, because it's easier to manage with 1 device.

IDEA: I'd pay for a XIM4 update (separate firmware, next gen only). Do preorders and if enough people are interested, you could have it funded.

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:48 AM - 12/29/20 »
Good idea

Offline djpf

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: djpf
« Reply #39 on: 09:09 AM - 12/29/20 »
I'm still bummed about this.
I have both XIM4 and Apex, because I have a double setup (to play with GF and friends).

It's much easier to have XIM4 & Apex instead of double Apex, because it's easier to manage with 1 device.

IDEA: I'd pay for a XIM4 update (separate firmware, next gen only). Do preorders and if enough people are interested, you could have it funded.

Me parece muy buena idea, yo estarķa interesado en que se hiciera.

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:40 AM - 12/29/20 »
No es una mala idea, el desarrollador ganas y los usuarios ganan. Win/win

Online Edge-Effect

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:52 AM - 12/29/20 »

Yep I thought this last time when I bought the all singing and dancing Xim4 (yep a bit late to the party), only to be replaced by the Apex a couple of months afterward. I suppose business is business and don't really expect an honest answer, why would a company risk the sales of the Apex already manufactured, especially the potential sales from the Xim4 uses thinking of buying one because they are not going to get support for the PS5. Suppose I'll have to wait and see or hope another company brings a similar adapter out that fully supports the PS5.  Sorry to sound bitter, but don't want to spend another £120 on an Apex only to find out a new model is released a few months later. If your stating a new model is not in development, how about Xim the company guarantee they will exchange any Apex adapters purchased from now if a new model is released in the next 12 months?.   

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11:41 AM - 12/29/20 »
Many truths said

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:14 PM - 12/29/20 »
It turns out that we have no chance of getting a job xim4 on PS5,OBsIV-give an exact answer please.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #44 on: 01:08 PM - 12/29/20 »
To be clear, XIM APEX doesn't really support PS5. There is a workaround right now that involves you purchase another controller that is soon to be obsolete (low availability and high price). It only works with a few controllers right now. We have no plans to create PS5 specific translators. We will not be managing separate firmwares for XIM4 and we have no plans to spend more than a month to overhaul XIM4's codebase to enable this partial support.

The answer another question in this thread: we aren't working on another mouse and keyboard adapter. Incompatibility with PS5 isn't because of a XIM APEX hardware limitation.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.