XIM Community

XIM4 Playstation 5  (Read 3317 times)

Offline ituncinho

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: iTurk74
XIM4 Playstation 5
« on: 01:29 PM - 12/08/20 »
Good evening everyone,

Will the XIM4 be PS5 compatible with PS5 games?

THX

Offline remair33

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 Playstation 5
« Reply #1 on: 03:07 PM - 12/08/20 »
Same question.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #2 on: 04:52 PM - 12/08/20 »
Works now, if you have a Titan Two. It has to reconnect every 7 and a half minutes. Specialty controllers will allow the XIM4 and Titan Two to stay connected without having to reconnect. They said they will post a list of specialty controllers that will work.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline ituncinho

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: iTurk74
« Reply #3 on: 05:29 PM - 12/09/20 »
Ok, but native mode ?any update?

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:59 AM - 12/10/20 »
Ok, but native mode ?any update?

They said they will work on XIM4 once they get Apex working on the PS5. They are making progress on the Apex and expect to have it done soon.
XIM Apex | PS5 | Qanba Pearl | GPW | PS Nav | PS GWH

Offline remair33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:19 AM - 12/10/20 »
I played via Remote Play yesterday and it was great. Connect your equipment to the PC (I am using Xim 4+dualshock 4), start the remote play, go to your account and play. I didn't feel any delays. Played all evening at Destiny 2 PVP.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 11:26 AM - 12/10/20 »
I played via Remote Play yesterday and it was great. Connect your equipment to the PC (I am using Xim 4+dualshock 4), start the remote play, go to your account and play. I didn't feel any delays. Played all evening at Destiny 2 PVP.

What type of network do you have? Is everything wired?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline SuperBee26

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SuperBee26
« Reply #7 on: 07:55 PM - 12/11/20 »

I tried this and it didnt work. Remote play is only detecting the DS4 when plugged directly into my PC, when plugged into XIM it doesn't work(yes XIM is plugged into my PC). Im using the manger and I can see that the DS4 is sending commands to XIM but the DS4 wont turn on and its not being picked up by my PC. 

Maybe im doing something wrong but once I add the XIM into the mix it stops working.

Edit: Got it to work, ended up being my controller a V1 of the DS4. Apparently the V1's don't play nice with XIM4 and Remote play, once a V2 DS4 was used I had no issues. 

Able to easily play with no noticeable input lag.
« Last Edit: 09:21 PM - 12/14/20 by SuperBee26 »

Offline defmincex13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:07 AM - 12/15/20 »

What type of network do you have? Is everything wired?

I can confirm it works and works well for PvE content. I have everything wired ps4 remote play to PS5.

That being said PvP feels off and I had to increase the sensitivity on the APP to get the same feel. My 2 scenarios are 1. XIM4 running Destiny 2 ps4 version and 2. Destiny 2 PS5 version using PS4 remote play.

For Scenario 2, I had to turn sensitive up to 10 in game and increase the Xim app sensitivity up from its ST D2 profile about about 10 each to get close to the precision and snappiness that I can get from scenario 1. Maybe its the 30fps vs 60fps playing tricks on me. But the keyboard and mouse are the same. Maybe the DS4 simulating Dual Sense is also a factor?

Would the FOV (field of view) slider being increased effect the ST?

It's a solid work around but unless XIM4 can get the updates XIM APEX is potentially getting.... I am hoping the devs here will just tell XIM4 users to upgrade to APEX when the time comes.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:54 AM - 12/15/20 »
FoV doesn't change the speed but it can change the perceived speed. Here's an example:

This is loud, you may want to lower or mute your volume.
https://twitter.com/AkiyoshiKitaoka/status/1224691032173842432
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline cyclops.zn

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: cyclops.zn
« Reply #10 on: 02:27 AM - 12/21/20 »
Please at least provide a similar firmware update for 3rd party PS5 controller compatibility as recently achieved on the Xim Apex. It's Christmas and impossible to buy a Xim Apex right now. Thank you.

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:02 AM - 12/21/20 »
With Apex now working (albeit with 3d party controllers), I'm hoping for  XIM4 to get the same patch.

I have both, but I mainly use my 4 because I have all my settings dialed in, would really rather continue using that one.

Offline cyclops.zn

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: cyclops.zn
« Reply #12 on: 11:32 AM - 12/21/20 »
Just wanna add that if enough members in the community request this compatibility then the Xim devs will look into pushing out a firmware update. So guys please help us out and leave a message.

Offline toon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:22 PM - 12/21/20 »
Yes please.... make it work on ps5.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 08:24 PM - 12/21/20 »
Hey everyone, I have mentioned on other threads in the past that XIM4 is have very little space left on it for any other than targeted critical bug fixes. The changes required to enable next gen consoles (especially PS5) is a substantial amount of code and will certainly exceed XIM4's limits. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but, it is true (believe me, it's not a excuse). Sorry about that.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Admin