XIM Community

Destiny 2 Needs New ST XSX and PS5 after Upgrade 60/120fps  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Sequ3l

• View Profile
Re: Destiny 2 Needs New ST XSX and PS5 after Upgrade 60/120fps
« Reply #15 on: 10:17 AM - 12/10/20 »
I didn't know they updated for current Gen. I will test this out when I get my Series X back from the shop.

The Update is massive, brings 60fps in pve and 120fps in pvp plus we got a brand new fov slider.

The update also gave the games grafics a full overhaul it really looks awesome now

But all the changes broke the ST itís really off now

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:39 AM - 12/10/20 »
Thanks, everyone, I'll add it near the top of queue. Are things playable now with adjustments like boost or curves?

Also, people are mentioning the change on XS and PS5, are people feeling this on X1 and PS4 too?
« Last Edit: 10:55 AM - 12/10/20 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Sequ3l

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:46 AM - 12/10/20 »
Thanks, everyone, I'll add it near the top of queue. Are things playable now with adjustments like boost or curves?

Also, people are mentioning the change on XS and PS5, are people feeling this on X1 and PS4 too?

For me itís off on Xbox One X and the new Series X, just after update hit it became way off.

You can say itís playable in Pve but PvP no thx.

I have tryet to use boots, steady aim I even tryet commen and Off and still way off, really tryet hard to tweek my ST but itís just still really off.

Sry Mist we all know you have a @#$% ton of work right now.

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Morgs91
« Reply #18 on: 02:33 PM - 12/10/20 »
it is playable but not great

i copied my curves and changed it to the xbox st and it felt better but the FOV makes it feel real wonky, changed syncs and played with boost as well

- thanks for looking into this quickly!

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:27 PM - 12/10/20 »
I didn't know they updated for current Gen. I will test this out when I get my Series X back from the shop.

It's now 60Hz for PVE and 120Hz for PvP. they added FOV and we can play on FOV up to 105
The game is much faster and more responsive to mouse.
This causing some issue such as:
* not a great stickiness to the aim - it really feels like playing on PC. now with many micro adjustments required
* almost impossible to snipe as "drag-scope" not working on 60/120hz as it was on 30hz
* the higher FOV requires increasing some sensitivity and Y/X to handle flintch (I set FOV to 95 and had to increase sensitivity on 10%)

I think community will appreciate your inputs what settings to improve and how to manage over-responsiveness on 60hz and higher FOV

Offline Sequ3l

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:47 AM - 12/11/20 »
I have been using xim for over 5 years now and know about every little thing u can do with a ST but no matter how much I tweek and tweek itís still way off, the micro aim in the game is fully broken after patch.

Yes I tweeked my ST so itís playerble in pve but in pvp itís so bad and trials is coming and we got iron banner right now.

I know other games are first but I still hope it goes fast with a updated ST

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:15 AM - 12/11/20 »
Something is very wrong with controller movement on PS5 and XBox Series X.  I have cross play, so I tried my exact same ST and XIM Apex on PC and XBox Series X.  They are very different.  The acceleration is very slow, and overall movement is much much slower on Series X.  The dead giveaway is trying to turn 180 degrees on a sparrow.  It's extremely slow and basically impossible with XIM Apex skating the mouse.  Controller and XIM Apex are much better on PC than Series X.

Bungie messed up the sensitivity and acceleration settings on the new consoles.  Literally just needed to copy and paste the PC settings, but Bungo messed up so many things in this latest update.

Edit - Running 105 FOV, 1080P 60 FPS on both PC and XBox Series X.  (don't have 120Hz 4K monitor yet)
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:00 PM - 12/11/20 »
Feels like the DZ has changed, definitely needs a look at mist.

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:53 AM - 12/12/20 »

at a guess would you say bigger or smaller?

i know you still suggested 500hz but 1000hz also feels better now

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:44 AM - 12/12/20 »

at a guess would you say bigger or smaller?

i know you still suggested 500hz but 1000hz also feels better now

Bigger but also a different shape. I believe it used to be triangular or diamond like, now feels more like a rectangle.

Offline Sequ3l

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:34 PM - 12/12/20 »

Make us all happy and update your Config when the new st is out ;)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:11 PM - 12/12/20 »

I'm actually kind of stoked about getting back into Multiplayer. I haven't touched it since Destiny 1. I couldn't handle the 30fps. 120fps should be alot of fun with this game.

Offline Sequ3l

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:47 PM - 12/12/20 »

I'm actually kind of stoked about getting back into Multiplayer. I haven't touched it since Destiny 1. I couldn't handle the 30fps. 120fps should be alot of fun with this game.

Then you and me are in the same boat :) 3 years D1 and first started playing D2 after upgrade patch, I was done with 30hz FPS games after D1 so D2 never became a game I wanted to play but now with this patch and bungie split from activision, i am having so much fun with the game itís like playing a bungie halo game for the first time. Destiny 2 is a really really good game now.

So year work your config magic RML when new st lands ;)

Thx

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07:08 PM - 12/12/20 »
While we all waiting the RML advise I found the following setting to be a good middle ground.
Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Old settings before the update (30fps)
Sync: default
Hip Sensitivity: 10
Hip Y/X: 1.05
ADS Sensitivity: 5
ADS Hip: 1.05

New Settings after update (60hz, haven't tried 120hz yet)
In-game FOV: 105
Sync: default
Hip Sensitivity: 14
Hip Y/X: 1.1
ADS Sensitivity: 7
ADS Hip: 1.2

In sum, I initially increase the sensitivity on 30% and Y/X a bit to deal with recoil. But it still was off from the previous settings. I had to increase it to 40% for sensitivity and custom adjust Y/X
But so far it feels good and close to the previous feelings, based on the distance the mouse travel to do 90 degree turn as before.
But don't expect it to be identical as the game dynamics and feeling of 60hz + FOV105 is quite different. The FOV makes the enemies smaller and you should aim better, but the benefit is that you have broader view and it helps a lot in PvP because you can see the angles of enemies approaching which were not possible before

Still waiting RML insights on the curves, as I haven't changed them
« Last Edit: 01:30 AM - 12/13/20 by [email protected] »

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:26 AM - 12/13/20 »
I had to change my config as well.

I was running an RML curve.... no idea which one (was one of the hip/ads ones where he listed then 1-10) and went back to the basic D2 one.

DPI 12K - Glorious Model O
Hip 20
Boost 820
steady aim 1.2
SAB 35%
Default Sync
Xim set to 1000hz

feels pretty nice at 120 fps, not perfect but i'll keep tinkering

Admin