XIM Community

Black Ops Cold War Y Axis Jitter  (Read 1054 times)

Offline -Add3r4LL-

• View Profile
Black Ops Cold War Y Axis Jitter
« on: 02:50 PM - 12/02/20 »
I tried looking thru other posts but it doens't seem like anyone else is having the issue I'm having.

To preface, I usually don't need help with tech issues in general and only ask when I have exhausted all possibilities to my knowledge so with that being said my BOCW config is jittering when moving the camera on the Y axis up and down--horizontal movements are smooth in the HIP aim, the ADS aim isn't as bad but still slightly there but I'm mostly thrown off by the severity of the HIP Y axis.

It is only micro movements that cause the jitter, If I were to move up and down and use a normal medium turn speed it is smooth. When making micro adjustments when throwing equipment is when I noticed it.
The vimeo link will have a video showing what I'm describing. The video was taken on PC as that was the most convenient option but it definitely occurs on my PS4Pro where i noticed it (not playing on new gen).

I have done all the following to try to fix the issue: Updated firmware from 20200307 to 20201129, Changed DPI from 12k to 4k, recreated config, used different mouse, changed the sync type in the config, messed with literally all of the in app settings such as smoothing, steady aim, etc. to no avail, and also used all three aim assist types in game which all produced even worse results than default. However,  turning up the Deadzone in the game settings from 10 to 15-20 seems to eliminate the problem however I find that to be detrimental  to my muscle memory and aim and thus leads to a sub-par experience.

Anyone else have this issue? Any insight would be appreciated

EDIT: NO OTHER configs do that BTW even with the DZ set to 10; MW2019 and bo4 are buttery smooth :(

Not a valid vimeo URL
« Last Edit: 12:21 AM - 12/03/20 by -Add3r4LL- »
Your Static, Idiot

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Re: Black Ops Cold War Y Axis Jitter
« Reply #1 on: 07:14 PM - 12/02/20 »
Wow I thought this was just me and itís only happening with the xim connected.

Offline -Add3r4LL-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:19 AM - 12/03/20 »
Its annoying but ill live with it till I get my hands on a PS5. Im sure that config does not do it on the ps4 version on the ps5.
Your Static, Idiot

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #3 on: 01:52 AM - 12/03/20 »
It does Iím forced to use the ps4 version of the game on my ps5 in order to use the xim

Offline LilZayDaddy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LilZayDaddy
« Reply #4 on: 02:48 AM - 12/03/20 »
Happens to me too. When i go to throw a nade or flash itll zig zag.

Offline -Add3r4LL-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:30 PM - 12/03/20 »
Happens to me too. When i go to throw a nade or flash itll zig zag.

Set deadzone somewhere between 15-20 and it should sort it out.

Would love to have a Mod or someone comment any insight they might have, clearly it seems to be a config problem, it may have not been trained properly?
Your Static, Idiot

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:12 PM - 12/03/20 »
This kind of thing can happen when using a ST that is designed for another game or platform. Adjusting the game's deadzone can sometimes help, adjust the curve could be an option too.

I didn't see or feel this when making support on a PS4 but I wonder if it's because you're using a much higher sensitivity.

About why it might be there at any level in this game, every few years there's a variation of the CoD PS4 look mechanic that has limits on some angles of movement near each axis. It's like angle snapping. Unfortunately movement options are limited at very low stick magnitude on PS4 because of this behavior. This doesn't show up on Xbox and the next couple of years of CoD are likely to not have it because they normally come from other game studios. Anyway, with a high enough sensitivity I could see input being sporadic like this when movement between angles is limited. I'll still check it out though.
« Last Edit: 06:17 PM - 12/03/20 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline -Add3r4LL-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:04 PM - 12/04/20 »

About why it might be there at any level in this game, every few years there's a variation of the CoD PS4 look mechanic that has limits on some angles of movement near each axis. It's like angle snapping. Unfortunately movement options are limited at very low stick magnitude on PS4 because of this behavior. This doesn't show up on Xbox and the next couple of years of CoD are likely to not have it because they normally come from other game studios. Anyway, with a high enough sensitivity I could see input being sporadic like this when movement between angles is limited. I'll still check it out though.

Thank you for your response. Your insight gave me an idea--Im using the Xbox config on PC with a XB controller obviously and its smooth as hell at 10 DZ on both sticks. I suppose I can use that till I get my hands on a PS5 in the future, where im sure the config works fine.
Your Static, Idiot

Offline Burger100

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:18 PM - 12/05/20 »
Was getting the same issue until I upped the right stick dead zone to 15 in game.

Offline LilZayDaddy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LilZayDaddy
« Reply #9 on: 09:05 PM - 12/06/20 »
i tried every deadzone in increments of 10 and it never changed anything. Only does it on the cold war st though.