XIM Community

Titan Two owners can now use XIM Apex with Playstation 5!  (Read 1508 times)

Offline sidezero

• View Profile
I saw this morning that Titan Two released a workaround for initial Playstation 5 support here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16773

As a Titan Two owner this got me wondering if this would also allow me to use my XIM Apex with the Playstation 5 now. As it turns out it does!

I just tested with the latest Titan Two and XIM Apex Beta firmwares and was able to play the Playstation 5 version of Black Ops Cold War in 4K Ray Tracing with the XIM Apex Playstation 4 translator. Everything works great with the exception of the re-authentication for the controller being a bit disorienting every 7 1/2 minutes. For slightly less than a second you'll get a message that the controller disconnected and then re-connected. While annoying this hardly breaks the experience though. Based on the Titan Two firmware notes it also seems we'll have a workaround for this shortly with the purchase of specific controllers.

For my testing I connected everything to the XIM Apex as I would have normally using a Playstation 4 controller, and then plugged the XIM Apex into port A of my Titan Two. The Titan Two then goes to the Playstation 5.

Enjoy!

Offline YourMomsHouse

• View Profile
Re: Titan Two owners can now use XIM Apex with Playstation 5!
« Reply #1 on: 01:48 AM - 12/09/20 »
I'm a person not instrested in titan 2 dc for mods etc etc would xim apex get support soon also

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Titan Two owners can now use XIM Apex with Playstation 5!
« Reply #2 on: 02:10 AM - 12/09/20 »
Lets continue the discussion in your other topic in the XIM Apex area.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central