XIM Community

XIM APEX doesnt see XSX Controller  (Read 404 times)

Offline Xero8

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Exer0TV
XIM APEX doesnt see XSX Controller
« on: 10:55 PM - 12/02/20 »
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get my XIM Apex to work with my Xbox Series X controller and everytime I plug it into the XIM it reads it and registers theres a controller but won't work in the game I'm trying to play use it on. I'm trying to get it to work on my PC. My regular Xbox One controller works but this one won't work with anything. It just says failure to read xim. I've updated the firmware to latest one thats compatible with the Series X stuff as well.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM APEX doesnt see XSX Controller
« Reply #1 on: 11:08 PM - 12/02/20 »
Does the controller even work in PC games already? As in, can you try it with just the controller connected to the PC?
Also there are several Xbox Series X XIM firmwares out now, which one are you using?
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Xero8

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Exer0TV
Re: XIM APEX doesnt see XSX Controller
« Reply #2 on: 09:06 AM - 12/03/20 »
Does the controller even work in PC games already? As in, can you try it with just the controller connected to the PC?
Also there are several Xbox Series X XIM firmwares out now, which one are you using?

Yea when I plug it in I can play CoD: Warzone just fine. The moment I plug it into the Apex though it says the controller doesn't exist. This is without the mouse and keyboard attached to it. Does USB to USB-C draw too much power for the XIMs to handle? Seeing that these new controllers are USB to USB-C. I am using the firmware prior to the update yesterday. I believe its like 20201111 or something along those lines

Admin