XIM Community

XBOX SERIES X RETAIL STOCK AVAILABLE NOW!  (Read 647 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
XBOX SERIES X RETAIL STOCK AVAILABLE NOW!
« on: 10:29 PM - 12/01/20 »
I just dropped into my local EB Games in Australia and jokingly asked if they had any Series X consoles available...and they do  :o 

The girl behind the counter handed me the one she was holding with a cheery "There ya go!" and I almost shat a brick. After picking my jaw up off the floor and shoving my money in her face, I just brought mine home and I can call myself a happy next-gen XIMmer.

Apparently Microsoft has sorted out their preorder issues and Series X stock is filtering through to retail outlets worldwide. EB Games didn't know the stock was coming, but it was rumoured that they'd have some available for Black Friday, so supply may be limited. Get on it peeps!

Sony on the other hand way oversold PS5 preorders and stock apparently won't be available until mid-2021. Hopefully, like MS, they'll spring a pre-Xmas surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: 04:03 AM - 12/02/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
Re: XBOX SERIES X RETAIL STOCK AVAILABLE NOW!
« Reply #1 on: 11:25 PM - 12/01/20 »
I won't say they oversold their stock. The demand is just a lot higher. It takes time to make more

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
  • Australian Youtuber 2k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #2 on: 11:39 PM - 12/01/20 »
i managed to secure a 2nd ps5 coming on the 15th thats nuts though that it was sitting there in stock

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 12:46 AM - 12/02/20 »
I won't say they oversold their stock. The demand is just a lot higher. It takes time to make more
I spoke with several EB Games managers about it and Sony absolutely oversold preorders whereas Microsoft took a more cautious approach based on known production runs.

i managed to secure a 2nd ps5 coming on the 15th thats nuts though that it was sitting there in stock
How'd you manage that? I've been asking my local EB and JB on the daily if preorders are open again :shakefist:

Also, about 10 EB Games store locations confirmed so far via an Aussie Xbox Series X Facebook group I posted this to.
« Last Edit: 01:43 AM - 12/02/20 by antithesis »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 02:56 AM - 12/02/20 »
Stock is popping up at JB Hifi, BigW etc. Looks like the Series X drought is broken boys!

Hopefully the same is happening overseas. I got the impression that Microsoft's supply chain issues have been resolved and Xbox should be widely available before Xmas.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:10 AM - 12/02/20 »
You lucky Aussie! Over here the Xbox Series X is sold out until January or so with Germany only receiving very small contingents anyway :(.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
  • Australian Youtuber 2k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #6 on: 03:19 AM - 12/02/20 »
signed up on the goodguys via email for a ps5 thats how i got my first one then managed to get another email again on my 2nd email account so i i thought f it and purchased another its only avaiable for click and collect in three stores QLD Mcgregor NSW auburn Victoria Marybanong or however its spelt

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 03:40 AM - 12/02/20 »
You lucky Aussie! Over here the Xbox Series X is sold out until January or so with Germany only receiving very small contingents anyway :( .
We were told they were sold out until April. Keep an eye on your local video game retailers in the coming days, they may show up everywhere soon.

The official explanation from MS to EB was "excess stock". Our major retailers are calling customers telling them to pick up their preorders too.
« Last Edit: 03:46 AM - 12/02/20 by antithesis »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 03:41 AM - 12/02/20 »
...its only avaiable for click and collect in three stores QLD Mcgregor...
That's my local store  :o

Thanks for that, The Good Guys is the first retailer with a working "register your interest" form that I've found. Banged my deets in, hopefully will get a preorder before June.

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: greeno85
  • PSN ID: greeno85
« Reply #9 on: 06:04 AM - 12/02/20 »
Thats pretty goof going antithesis, lucky as hell. As per your advice I accepted my fate with the PS5, so thats in the lounge and my Series X is being delivered on Xmas Eve. Never had an X Box before, I'm a little nervous haha

Admin