XIM Community

Xim Apex on PC, Xbox Serie X  (Read 541 times)

Offline Notedly

• View Profile
Xim Apex on PC, Xbox Serie X
« on: 08:05 AM - 11/25/20 »
Hi,

Im currently playing on PC with a Xbox One controller. Normaly i pick the Xbox One ST they work the best on PC. But with the new xbox serie x support and also diffrent ST's you can choose from in the Xim Manager. Is it beter to go with xbox serie x ST in the future? Because of the higher FPS you get on PC and now also on Xbox Serie X?

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex on PC, Xbox Serie X
« Reply #1 on: 09:36 AM - 11/25/20 »
I think it depends on the controller you use?  I play on PC with the Dualshock 4 and I use the PS4 ST which works fine.

Offline Notedly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:53 AM - 11/25/20 »
I use a Xbox One Controller, but is this diffrent from the xbox series x controller? or for the ST if u use an xbox controller u can choose either the ST for Xbox One or Xbox Series X?

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:28 AM - 11/25/20 »
It will depend on how the PC version acts when you plug in the new controllers.   If the PC version still treats the new controller as a XB1 controller it will not apply the new aim mechanic (if there is any) and the ST will likely not work as intended.  Apex Legends for example uses an aim mechanic for Xbox 360 controllers that is very different from XB1 and doesn't work with the Xbox One ST.
It's also possible that some games will keep the exact same aim mechanic for XB1 and series X controllers.   
I'll be picking up a PS5 / series X controller and do some testing on this soon.   

Admin