XIM Community

So far, the best thing about new consoles.  (Read 1527 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
So far, the best thing about new consoles.
« on: 12:45 PM - 11/23/20 »
It isn't the new games, that are great, look great, feel great, and then.. Crash! This has become so frustrating with Cold War that I simply stopped playing it. Until they patch this issue, I'm done!

The real fun right now for me personally is playing older games. The Battlefield games! Man, BFV, BF1 and even BF4 finally play like you would've expected years ago. On top of that BFV and BF1 look amazing on the Series X at native 1440p. Call of Duty IW, MWR, BO4, BO3 also all look and play better then ever on the Series X. Hell Even PUBG feels like a brand new game on this console.

I'm currently having so much fun with these games that Cold War is dead to me now until they fix the @#$% crashing issues. I just hope this isn't a bigger issue with 1440p and 120hz or 4k and 60hz. because right now, this doesn't work at all.

I will say I'm really looking forward to when the game is fixed. 1440p and 120hz is super smooth game play and definitely feels next Gen, until, well.. it crashes! Lol

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
Re: So far, the best thing about new consoles.
« Reply #1 on: 01:24 PM - 11/23/20 »
I've lucked out in this dept. I see people complaining about crashing but have yet to experience it myself on my PS5

Offline Rohy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:26 PM - 11/23/20 »
Join the dark side RML, xim on pc! Haha but I'm glad to hear, I'm looking forward to buying the new Xbox for that reason, i feel like it will bring some life to the older games!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:01 PM - 11/23/20 »
1440p and 120hz is super smooth game play
Nuff said. This is precisely the specs I'm targeting for next-gen gaming. 1440p, not 4K, is the gold standard for PC gaming.

We'll be lucky to get 4K @ 60FPS, which has double the display & input lag as 1440p @ 120FPS. 4K @ 120FPS will most likely be upscaled 1440p, which is a pointless performance handbrake.

On a 27" screen (optimal for desktop gaming) there's no discernable visual difference between 1440p and 4K for gaming due to pixel density, but 1440p requires significantly less system resources, resulting in significantly higher FPS.

Higher FPS means much less display and input lag, resulting in much smoother gameplay and better performance -

We don't have the option for 240FPS on console, but the difference between 60FPS and 120FPS (near enough to the test's 144FPS) is significant.

Go 1440p @ 120FPS for console gaming, if you can. You lose very little visual detail, but have significantly less display & input lag. It ain't rocket surgery peeps...
« Last Edit: 04:18 AM - 11/24/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:34 PM - 11/23/20 »
Nuff said. This is precisely the specs I'm targeting for next-gen gaming. 1440p, not 4K, is the gold standard for PC gaming.

We'll be lucky to get 4K @ 60FPS, which has double the display & input lag as 1440p @ 120FPS. 4K @ 120FPS will most likely be upscaled 1440p, which is a pointless performance handbrake.

On a 27" screen (optimal for desktop gaming) there's no discernable visual difference between 1440p and 4K for gaming due to pixel density, but 1440p requires significantly less system resources, resulting in significantly higher FPS.

Higher FPS means much less display and input lag, resulting in much smoother gameplay and better performance -

We don't have the option for 240FPS on console, but the difference between 60FPS and 120FPS (near enough to the test's 144FPS) is significant.

Go 1440p @ 120FPS for console gaming, if you can. You lose very little visual detail, but have significantly less display & input leg. It ain't rocket surgery peeps...

You wonít be disappointed with Series X @ 1440p and 120hz. Trust me, itís a game changer and eye candy at the same time. They just have to get this crashing issue under wraps with certain displays/monitors.

The other really cool feature about next Gen gaming on Console is you can chose what you want to download. It breaks the game down into packets. Looks pretty much like this.
- Campaign (60 Gb)
- Multiplayer (23 Gb)
- Zombies (10 Gb)

So once you complete the campaign you can simply uninstall it, immediately freeing up 60Gb on your SSD. Donít like Zombies, donít install it! Itís a really nice feature and was really needed with massive sizes of these games.

Offline Havoxxxx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: HAVOX 716
« Reply #5 on: 11:35 PM - 11/23/20 »

Go 1440p @ 120FPS for console gaming, if you can. You lose very little visual detail, but have significantly less display & input leg. It ain't rocket surgery peeps...

You wonít be disappointed with Series X @ 1440p and 120hz. Trust me, itís a game changer and eye candy at the same time. They just have to get this crashing issue under wraps with certain displays/monitors.

The other really cool feature about next Gen gaming on Console is you can chose what you want to download. It breaks the game down into packets. Looks pretty much like this.
- Campaign (60 Gb)
- Multiplayer (23 Gb)
- Zombies (10 Gb)

So once you complete the campaign you can simply uninstall it, immediately freeing up 60Gb on your SSD. Donít like Zombies, donít install it! Itís a really nice feature and was really needed with massive sizes of these games.
Same thing with PC at 244 hz, more options and a free connection.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 04:17 AM - 11/24/20 »
You wonít be disappointed with Series X @ 1440p and 120hz. Trust me, itís a game changer and eye candy at the same time.
I can't wait, but I have to...no-one is taking pre-orders for either console  :-\

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:50 AM - 11/24/20 »
Same thing with PC at 244 hz, more options and a free connection.

Yeah, I've just never been that guy. I like the simplicity with consoles and my friends/family like Xbox. Thank God for XIM, otherwise I probably just wouldn't game anymore. It's not like I don't have a lot of other things to be doing. Even with these BS lock downs happening all over the world. Which is simply put "Disgusting". Anyways, I won't say anymore about that, sorry it just kind of spewed out.

You wonít be disappointed with Series X @ 1440p and 120hz. Trust me, itís a game changer and eye candy at the same time.
I can't wait, but I have to...no-one is taking pre-orders for either console  :-\

Yeah, sadly it may be February before Series X is on the shelf. It's kind of broke right now anyways. Hopefully they get this right by then. Sounds like the PS5 will actually be more readily available at this point.

I only have mine because my daughter and her "SWARM" of friends worked in unison to find me one when pre-orders went live. She literally had 8 people helping her and I still barely got it.

Crazy!
« Last Edit: 08:53 AM - 11/24/20 by RML »

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:11 AM - 11/28/20 »
I envy those of you that already have a next gen console.  I want a PS5 so bad but Sony only have 600 units in so they're making us register for lucky draw for a chance to buy it.  There are millions of us but only 600 PS5, LOL.

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:37 AM - 11/28/20 »
The absolute farce is the storage situation 1TB quickly filled on last gen this gen your goner
fill the HDD with 3 or 4 games they should have set them up with a SSHD and a user expandable bay for large hybrid or standard HDD and store the quick access files on
the SSD, some modern laptops have a SSD for OS speed and a normal mech HDD for bulk
storage and its easy to do in a desktop. It's disappointing they haven't used newer HDR
and Dolby and the lack of optical is ridiculous,and they should of put a display port on it,
if they had to make a dearer version fine it would work out cheaper to pay a bit more
for a more connected console then buy a HDMI 2.1 screen and new audio gear,Baah!. 
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:45 PM - 11/28/20 »
the best things about new consoles are things PC users experienced years ago? sounds about right lmao

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:33 PM - 11/28/20 »
the best things about new consoles are things PC users experienced years ago? sounds about right lmao
LOL  ;D ;D you nailed it!.

I wish we have better titles though, because high res high fps you got used to it.

I just bought a Nintendo Switch, and having a blast with it hehehe, meanwhile my PS5 is working as streammedia deck and my gaming PC is my "Teardown" console. That game is AMAZING.

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:07 AM - 11/29/20 »
I'm getting a new PC as well, all parts picked, except video card, waiting on 3080 ti, and of course the 5950x CPU that I want is not in stock.   And HDMI 2.1 monitors, god knows when they'll be available.   The draw for PS5 will start on Dec 3, but I seriously doubt my chance of getting one this year.  So looks like more waiting.

Offline Punchy888

• Xbox Live Ultimate
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tenshunt
  • PSN ID: Punchy-3x8
« Reply #13 on: 08:15 AM - 11/29/20 »
In regards to gaming on a pc, i wouldnt switch from console gaming due to the fact that the platform isnt really that popular in my opnion. Microsoft appears to be bridging gaps and pushing boundaries further and i really like that. GTA on the pc with mods and quite a few racing games which i play alot on the pc are tempting me...ALOT!

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:41 PM - 11/29/20 »
In regards to gaming on a pc, i wouldnt switch from console gaming due to the fact that the platform isnt really that popular in my opnion. Microsoft appears to be bridging gaps and pushing boundaries further and i really like that. GTA on the pc with mods and quite a few racing games which i play alot on the pc are tempting me...ALOT!
Is not like that, you might have that impression because mainstream FPS games like CoD are low population compare with Consoles, but granted having a gaming PC is not cheap, even though you can build a 1080p/120fps capable for the same money than a new gen console.

You like icecream? well, this is the thing with PC gaming...

Console gaming is like a icecream stand with 16 flavors, where customers gather for a flavor in common.
PC gaming is like a icecream store with more than 300 flavors, some of them you can't find it on the stand and you can even create your own (game modding powered by communities) so costumers have more options and are distributed on different flavors.

But, nowadays as tepidblack mention is so hard for both platforms to get decent gear.