XIM Community

Why it take so long for PS5 + xim apex  (Read 6837 times)

Offline KDG-86

• View Profile
Why it take so long for PS5 + xim apex
« on: 04:37 AM - 11/23/20 »
 >:( >:( >:( When Xbox come out 1 Day later they can use it butt with ps5...

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Why it take so long for PS5 + xim apex
« Reply #1 on: 04:41 AM - 11/23/20 »
Because Sony doesn't hand out the keys to the DualSense controller authentication protocol. This has been a concern since Sony announced months ago that PS5 games required a DualSense controller to play. To lock out the DS4 meant they implemented a new controller protocol and it'll take time to reverse-engineer, assuming it's possible.

Conversely, XBSX announced forwards & backwards controller compatibility with Xbox One. This made it very quick and easy to add support for the XBSX controller to XIM APEX as the lion's share of the work was already done via Xbox One support.

If you don't have the patience to wait for XIM Tech to work it out, your options are -
a) play PS4 games on PS5 using XIM APEX and a DS4 V2 controller,
b) play PS5 games on PS5 using XIM APEX, a DS4 V2 and the PS Remote Play app on PC or Mac, or
c) get an Xbox Series X console instead.

Next-gen console compatibility with XIM APEX was never guaranteed, it was always conditional on "if it's possible, we'll do it". Dropping angry emotes doesn't get the job done any faster.
« Last Edit: 05:36 PM - 11/23/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline KDG-86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:06 AM - 11/23/20 »
Thanks for your information. Now i know why it took so long. i now there are some options butt i dont have any ps4 Controllers or game. only have ps5 controller and ps5 games. I think many People are waiting for it. so the moderator can give us some more information about it ;)

Offline deno

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: El-D3NO
« Reply #3 on: 10:58 AM - 11/23/20 »
play PS4 games on PS5 using XIM APEX and a DS4 V2 controller, but not can play wath im now can do?
Benq 27"RL2755, Logitech G910, Keyboard ,Logitech G502 Hero Mouse,Xim4,Xim Apex,Astro A50,PS4 Pro,PS4 Standart,PS4 Slim,PS5, Corsair K95RGB, Benq 27"Mobiuz EX 710

Offline d.mechab

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:43 AM - 11/24/20 »
Hello,

Having a PS5 and an Apex, I try to follow your advises to connect my Xim to a Dualshock V2 but it still does not work so I can't play to PS4 games on my PS5 with my Xim.

Can someone help me please?

Offline Ma11enator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:04 PM - 11/24/20 »
What game are you playing? Or trying to play?

Have you change the controller settings to USB from Bluetooth connection?

Offline d.mechab

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:24 PM - 11/24/20 »
I would like to play at R6S.

What do you mean by changing the settings of the controller please?

Offline d.mechab

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:31 PM - 11/24/20 »
It works!!

I changed the settings of the controller as you said me and it is working.

Thank you so much.

Offline luizgaleno

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:35 PM - 11/25/20 »
Good night. And to play apex legends!! Is it the same ?

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:51 PM - 11/25/20 »
When Sony announced PS 5 new controller with their new haptic feature, I knew right away that it was going to be a possibility that XIM might not be supported. I will be moving away from Sony (I have PS4 Pro with SSD) and I will be getting an Xbox Series X. Mostly it is due to the fact that Sony has implemented a mic into their new controller, made draconian changes to their TOS (sell your info) and gave the ability for anyone to report anyone with their new feature, which includes the ability to submit voice chat. Before anyone says anything about me owning a smartphone, I have apps that block my camera, mic and provide privacy. Also, having a phone is a necessity and having a console is not. I do not need another spy device in my house. We pay for the Playstation consoles, PSN, buy games, so there is no need to make even more money by selling our info. When we use Google on our phones - well, it is free. It makes sense they sell our info. Nothing is free in the console world, that's for sure.
Besides, a new phone will come out soon from Purism company - it will be clean, no spyware, not running an Android, but a Pure OS - meaning people have options.
Privacy is a matter of principle and I vote with my wallet. Good bye Sony (I have been with them since 1996 and owned every console they ever made). I am very surprised how people say Good Bye to their privacy for free, since so few people made a big deal over Sony changing their TOS. Wait until Sony will get hacked again, they will have much more info to loose about you this time around.

Offline MeteoroBR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MeteoroBR
« Reply #10 on: 11:00 AM - 11/26/20 »
>:( >:( >:( When Xbox come out 1 Day later they can use it butt with ps5...

Be patient.

OBSIV is very smart.

If compatibility with the PS5 has not yet been achieved, it must be something really complex.

Offline overwitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:18 PM - 11/26/20 »
Because Sony doesn't hand out the keys to the DualSense controller authentication protocol. This has been a concern since Sony announced months ago that PS5 games required a DualSense controller to play. To lock out the DS4 meant they implemented a new controller protocol and it'll take time to reverse-engineer, assuming it's possible.

Conversely, XBSX announced forwards & backwards controller compatibility with Xbox One. This made it very quick and easy to add support for the XBSX controller to XIM APEX as the lion's share of the work was already done via Xbox One support.

If you don't have the patience to wait for XIM Tech to work it out, your options are -
a) play PS4 games on PS5 using XIM APEX and a DS4 V2 controller,
b) play PS5 games on PS5 using XIM APEX, a DS4 V2 and the PS Remote Play app on PC or Mac, or
c) get an Xbox Series X console instead.

Next-gen console compatibility with XIM APEX was never guaranteed, it was always conditional on "if it's possible, we'll do it". Dropping angry emotes doesn't get the job done any faster.

How can I use option B?

Do you mean plugging PS5 controller to Xim apex and PS4 controller to PS remote play or the opposite?

edit:

I got it, there is no PS5 controller involved.
« Last Edit: 06:35 PM - 11/26/20 by overwitcher »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 03:21 PM - 11/26/20 »
PS5 controllers donít yet work with XIM APEX.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:50 PM - 11/27/20 »
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 10:27 PM - 11/27/20 »
I think Titan Two did it.

https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16773

This is just for passthrough. Meaning, if you wanted to use the DS5 through Titan without modifying it's input in any way.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.