XIM Community

PS5 120 fps with old monitor  (Read 731 times)

Offline stratox

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: StratO_ox
PS5 120 fps with old monitor
« on: 10:05 PM - 11/22/20 »
I have an ASUS vg248qe 144hz monitor has an HDMI 1.4 port, for it to reach 120 144hz it has to be connected by DVI, from what I have read for the PS5 to reach that refresh rate it has to be by HDMI 2.1, my question is whether I connect the PS5 to my monitor in the DVI port with a hdmi to dvi adapter, will it reach 120 hz? Practically the only thing I play is Rainbow six siege and I was very excited to see that it was going to go to 120fps on the PS5 but now this issue has me very disappointed since apparently I will not be able to play at 120 fps with my monitor.

Offline STAO

• View Profile
Re: PS5 120 fps with old monitor
« Reply #1 on: 10:46 AM - 11/23/20 »
It has to be HDMI but 120fps can be achieved on HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 but only at 1080p. The ability to have this depends from monitor to monitor because of some additional complexities around signal frequencies ... so it still may not work even if you have a HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 screen that can transmit 120hz or above.

I don't have a ps5 but I've been reading up a bit on this lately. Samsung and MSI monitors seem to be the most reliable. I currently have an 1080, HDMI 2.0 up to 144hz on HDMI LG monitor with Freesync and I believe it will work with XSX but not sure on PS5  but even then I own neither console (yet)... still making my mind up...

...and even if it does work VRR Freesync may not work... XSX seems most likely to work, but PS5 has done so much correct with its improved I/O meaning bottle necks in ps5 are drastically reduced compared to other consoles which could be why its performing better in recent Digital Foundry comparison videos.

But XSX is compatible with Xim and PS5 isnt...

XSX has more 120fps games and more backwards compatible games and a great value proposition with XBox Live Gold...

But PS5 seems to be the better console for the future....

So for now I'm still waiting lol and with hold my purchase to see how things progress....
Use Xim Apex for Rainbow Six Siege on PS4

Mouse: Logitech G903 HERO wireless set to 3200DPI
1000hz Mouse, 500hz in Xim App
Mousepad: Aukey Large Soft Mousepad
Keyboard: K66 Mechanical Keyboard

Current Setup (as of October 2020):

In game: all recommended settings

Also in Game: UPDATED Rotation

Xim app: Sync OFF, 300 HIP, 249 ADS, 2 smoothing, no curves, SAB OFF for HIP and for ADS, HIP Translator for HIP, for ADS and for "Year0" Sub Config

Anti Recoil Sub Config by "Year0" - Y/X 0.7 & walk 5%

My Setup Live Page:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=87172.0