XIM Community

Using XIM Apex in native PC (MK) Mode on Console (PS5)  (Read 509 times)

Offline BokiWan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BokiWan
  • PSN ID: BokiWan
Hi there,

I hope this Topic is right here and reaches out to a high range of experts among You !?

Since there's actually no native PS5 Support until now, I'm hoping for an alternative method of using the XIM. I want to use my mouse (natively) and the XIM APEX with the NavController as alternative WASD Keyboard (native PC Mode) on the PS5. This would be a possible way for me to play FPS on my PS5 with native PS5 Games like Cold War. This way I could switch to Mouse/Keyboard Input Method on the PS5 (or inGame in CoD Cold War), this would be perfectly fine for me !

So is there a way to achieve that ? Maybe this could be a partly solution as long as there's no way to implement full PS5 compatibility !? Would be nice if there's a chance to get this to work, I would really appreciate any Suggestions on this !

Don't need to read any further if you're not willing to

Let me explain my reason of this idea with explaining how and why I'm using XIM on PS5 and not native WASD and Mouse or other platform etc.

I love using a Mouse on FPS Games since some time of practicing it, it's really a benefit complaining to Controller input, I thing it's the perfect input method for FPS Games (only) ! What I'm always struggling with, is the crappy WASD Input an I don't see any way to waste my time with practicing it.

I really think the perfect Method of playing FPS games is and will ever be, using a Mouse with some kind of Nunchuk Controller. This actually is the only reason I'm using the XIM ! I don't need any of the tweaking and modding functions of the XIM or else to get some benefits or else to compete to others and actually I don't need to be packed  in lobbies with Controller players in order to compete over them.

I already tested different Input Methods before I settled over to XIM Apex. I tried Venom, but this didn't function well, because of Quality issues with the Chuck and poor quality of using a different mouse. Also I tried some others. The best alternative WASD Input I tried was the Splitfish FragChuck FX, but first it didn't feel right in my hands (bulky) and second I experienced a weir problem with this, so I was just able to shoot until I'm in movement, which doesn't bothered me at first, because I'm a full action speed kind of player in Multiplayer Matches, but sometimes when it comes to a more tactical gaming like In objective Modes or Warzone, it frustrates me, because while I'm in Aiming I always have to move slightly left and right or back and forth just to be able to put a shoot... really strange thing.

Sadly Splitfish support had no clue on this and can't help me with this, as reason they told me, because the fragchuck alone is just planned to be used just on PC and not on PS, in order to work properly on PS they told me to buy the official PS4 Version with Mouse and Fragchuck and put it into PS Mode. But since the Mouse in that Bundle was not so good and there's no chance to use my own one, this was no option for me !

In the past I also always searched for a way to play with controller on PC too, just because of the crappy WASD Input Method. So told, I even accepted the lack aiming with a controller, just to avoid the WASD. I just want to say... please don't tell me, connecting the nunchuck to a PC and Play on PC, I would, but I first I don't want to play with Cheaters and second all my friends play on PS, and this is the only reason I'm not playing on my XBOX, which is in my opinion the better Console in many ways and already supports XIM :-/

When we play on PS together we also turn off Crossplay, just to avoid this some PC Players who are cheating. This sadly is the lack of cross play ! We have no problems with XBOX Players or ordinary PC Players, or Mouse Users at all and so on. First I loved the Crossplay, because this way I would be open to choose the Console I want and still be able to play with my friends, but since we realized with how many Cheaters on PC we were confronted and the initial Problems with party Chat, we decided to turn crossplay off again and agree to a common platform, which is PlayStation.

I'm using the XIM only because I need a proper WASD (Keyboard) Alternative and I think the perfect alternative is using the Switch Nunchuck Controller and/or the PlayStation Navigation Controller. As long as there is no perfect Standalone WASD Nunchuck that is as nearly handy like the both mentioned Nunchucks, the only perfect way is using XIM with the Nunchucks and a Mouse. I have no problem with switching the input method on the Console to Mouse/Keyboard. With my Logitech G502 (Lightspeed) I'm able to tweak the performance and settings directly to the mouse and safe to it directly for native usage ! With macros I'd also be able (for example) to put the functions for lieing and crouching to the same button (press to crouch and hold to lie down), with this you are able to configure all the main functions to the many buttons on the mouse etc.

I know I wrote too much, which maybe is not relevant to my initial Question, but I tried to offer you my Opinion and my kind of ordinary way of using and supporting the XIM Apex.

In order to come back to the point:
I just want to use Mouse and Nunchuck as an alternative WASD Input on my Console and the only games I want it for are FPS Games (CoD etc.). For Third Person Shooter and every other Games the Controller works perfectly fine for me ! Maybe there are others out there, who think the same way !?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Using XIM Apex in native PC (MK) Mode on Console (PS5)
« Reply #1 on: 10:50 AM - 11/22/20 »
Welcome to the community. I agree with you completely. Gaming with a mouse for aim and analog for movement is my preferred method as well (by far). However if you use native console mouse support you will still be stuck with 8-way movement even if you were to map a device like a Nav to it. So you'll still be using a thumbstick for movement but it'll still feel like a keyboard.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BokiWan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:58 AM - 11/23/20 »
Welcome to the community. I agree with you completely. Gaming with a mouse for aim and analog for movement is my preferred method as well (by far). However if you use native console mouse support you will still be stuck with 8-way movement even if you were to map a device like a Nav to it. So you'll still be using a thumbstick for movement but it'll still feel like a keyboard.

Hi and thank you for supporting my opinion ;-) I know what you mean with the movement, but still I think for me it could be still enough at first until there's no full XIM Apex Support for PS5 Games. Do you know if this would be possible to achieve in some way ? Because I don't know how long it will take to make the XIM compatible, I'm thinking about to order the FragChuck again until the PS5 XIM Update becomes available. It would be nice to avoid this buy, if I could use the XIM and NavController even with 8-way input.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:03 AM - 11/23/20 »
Unfortunately this isn't something that is feasible at this point given how big of a change it would be.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BokiWan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:01 AM - 11/24/20 »
Unfortunately this isn't something that is feasible at this point given how big of a change it would be.

Oh okay, that's sad to hear :-( I hoped it would be just some kind of new profile for pc thing, like the standard controller profile that already exists, which enables playing with different controllers on different plattforms, which also works like the Magic Stick or 8-bit-do stick. I thought it would be just some kind of script for button remapping/rebinding, so you can remap button inputs zu keyboard output or something like this :-/

Maybe for the meantime I'll be trying the FragChuck or Magic Stick with a JoyCon !? Thank You for the quick reply and support !