XIM Community

Possible issue with XSX and xim apex  (Read 143 times)

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
Possible issue with XSX and xim apex
« on: 07:28 PM - 11/21/20 »
XSX
Xim apex
Razer Orbweaver
XSX controller
Beta firmware for XSX compatibility
ďByeasyĒ powered usb hub

I had been playing with an original Xbox one x controller connected to the xsx and everything was working fine. Thought I might get less latency with new xsx controller so I updated and set it up. Worked fine for a couple of hours then suddenly my xbox shutdown in the middle of a game. Didnít think much of so I powered the Xbox back on but the controller would not authenticate. I tried a different cable to the controller but same issue. Couldnít get it to authenticate so switched back to Xbox one controller and everything is working again but Iíd like to use the xim apex with the new controller. Is this a known issue? Has anyone experienced something similar? Maybe Iím drawing too much power from the Xbox.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Possible issue with XSX and xim apex
« Reply #1 on: 08:14 PM - 11/21/20 »
If you do a hard reboot of your console does it change anything?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
Re: Possible issue with XSX and xim apex
« Reply #2 on: 08:31 PM - 11/21/20 »
If you do a hard reboot of your console does it change anything?

When I rebooted the Xbox it brought up the splash screen as if it had been reset. Some interesting findings. The usb hub Iím using is a powered hub. I have to have the usb hub plugged into a power source in order for the lighting on my orbweaver and mouse to work and not disconnect. If I donít plug the power cord into the hub the xsx controller authenticates but then drops off after a few minutes of playing. One of the ports on the hub will also charge a device. If I plug it into that port and have the hub powered it seems to be working properly so far it has stayed authenticated.

Admin