XIM Community

[Q/A] XIM Apex on PC  (Read 135 times)

Offline Ciren

• View Profile
[Q/A] XIM Apex on PC
« on: 03:48 PM - 11/21/20 »
To start this off, I am aware that the XIM Apex is not officially supported on the PC but that it technically "functions".

However, I am having a super hard time getting it to work. I know people have succeeded in the past, so I am just curious what my issue is.

When I open the app on my phone, the Xim reads all the inputs from my mouse, keyboard, and controller (using an older ps4 ds4 - not the one that comes with the pro). However, when I get in game there is no actual input going on. I can press all the buttons and move my mouse but the game doesn't register it. (playing cold war using a bo4 config).

I thought maybe it was a power issue, so i bought a powered USB hub, however, that didn't do anything.

I did run a tracelog of what is happening (not happening).

I saw elsewhere support said you have to use an xbox controller. Is this the reason? do i HAVE to use an xbox controller?

Note: I also want to say I did troubleshoot all the wires and everything is connected using high quality cables, most of which are OEM cables from the products themselves. I can also confirm everything connects when I directly plug the hub into my computer, so I am fairly confident it isn't a power issue or anything. The xim just isn't translating into the game. Firmwares are updated as well.
« Last Edit: 11:06 AM - 11/22/20 by OBsIV »

Offline Hibby

• View Profile
Re: XIM Apex on PC
« Reply #1 on: 06:14 AM - 11/22/20 »
Sounds as though I am having the exact same problem, even thought it was a power supply problem. (im glad i didnt get the usb thing)
What I notice with my setup is that the controller won't connect. All other peripherals will not matter the slot except the controller through the adapter. My friend had no such problem, I even tried both xbox and ps4 controllers. The ps4 controller at least gets read, as it shows up in the icon window on the app right before it "goes back to sleep" where as the xbox controller doesn't come on or get read by the app at all.
Pretty frustrating, any insight would be helpful

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM Apex on PC
« Reply #2 on: 11:06 AM - 11/22/20 »
Xbox One controllers is what we use when testing on PC at the factory. Are you using a response rate higher than 125Hz?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Ciren

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] XIM Apex on PC
« Reply #3 on: 04:02 PM - 11/22/20 »
Hey,

So I actually have a series X controller on hand. I updated my firmware to the beta version and I directly connected the controller into the xim and was able to get some readings. "Great". So I thought that was a good start.

However, when I connect the hub into the xim it is the same issue as the PlayStation. I tried connecting into the hub that came with the xim apex, however, it didn't work. I do see my mouse, keyboard, and controller all "light up" as they received power, so I know they worked. Again, I thought perhaps it was a power issue so I pulled out the powered hub, however, again same issue.

I was using 125 hz refresh, I cranked it up to 1000 hz since my mouse also has a polling rate of 1000. (Logitech G903).

I guess either it is the xim itself that is faulty or there is something else with my computer. Maybe my mouse or keyboard aren't compatible, despite the fact that they are being detected by the app and the inputs are being detected...

Any ideas?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 05:54 PM - 11/22/20 »
DualShock 4 V1 and V2 both work with XIM APEX on PC.

Whether or not XIM APEX works depends on the game you're playing and the platform you're playing on.

For example, you may need to configure the controller settings correctly in Steam for a game to correctly detect a DS4 or Xbox Wireless Controller connected to XIM APEX.

As another example, Warzone requires that you configure the game settings to use a controller instead of m/kb.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Ciren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:52 PM - 11/22/20 »
What do you mean by configure the settings? So I am trying to get it to work in cold war so you might be onto something. Someone else mentioned the same thing in the discord. I went into the settings for cold war and (with the controller plugged in) I switched input type to controller. However, when I initially plug it into the xim the controller will disconnect for a second while it switches over, however, in doing so my cold war defaults back to mouse/keyboard. However, the controller is never active in the game again after that... (despite being active on the app manager).

I guess I should try using the xim in a different game to confirm that everything is setup properly...