XIM Community

HDMI Audio Extractor for Xbox Series X to run with 120hz (for 1080/1440p)  (Read 6901 times)

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Thanks! So maybe the only thing to worry about would be the separation and processing of audio which could add a desync between video and audio? Sorry if that doesn't make sense - I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Any suggestions for which extractor to purchase? Not sure of anything changed in 6 months since this thread was active.

You're right actually, old AVR had lip-syncing issues, due video and audio separated processing.  ;)

Orei and J-Tech Digital make its own schematics. However by being manufactured on China, there is a lot of clones; these are the brands to look at, both with good customer service. Even Monoprice is cloning OREI stuff so it might be good. ::)

Only the price and demand changed. HDMI 2.1 Audio Extractors ETA on October.
« Last Edit: 01:59 PM - 05/11/21 by alanmcgregor »

Offline r553

• View Profile
Thanks! So maybe the only thing to worry about would be the separation and processing of audio which could add a desync between video and audio? Sorry if that doesn't make sense - I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Any suggestions for which extractor to purchase? Not sure of anything changed in 6 months since this thread was active.

You're right actually, old AVR had lip-syncing issues, due video and audio separated processing.  ;)

Orei and J-Tech Digital make its own schematics. However by being manufactured on China, there is a lot of clones; these are the brands to look at, both with good customer service. Even Monoprice is cloning OREI stuff so it might be good. ::)

Only the price and demand changed. HDMI 2.1 Audio Extractors ETA on October.

Thanks, I might try the Orei extractor. Looks like J-Tech doesn't have anything that supports [email protected] and the Monoprice clones are more expensive than Orei :)

Hopefully it works with this going to the monitor! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FM51TT8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline r553

• View Profile
The extractor that I linked above works perfectly on XSX for [email protected] :)
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
Bumping an older thread.  Finally upgraded to a 4K 120Hz Monitor (LG 27GP950-B).   Big step forward for video.  Equally big step backwards for audio.  My cheapo HMDI Audio Extractor doesn't support 4K at 120Hz.

Not seeing any products available to solve this problem.  I use an processor with Dolby Headphone, and it requires an Optical TOSLINK connection.  I have yet to find a better sounding solution.
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
For 4K/120Hz simplest way for decent audio is with a USB compatible DAC like Astro MixAmp (XBSX/PS5), or device through the controller port.

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
For those who want the ultimate 4K/120Hz experience:

LG C1/CX 48", OLED, ultra low input lag, VRR and TOSlink Optical output.

Offline Labo947

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xLabo947
Hello, first of all sorry for using Google Translate ^^

I'm looking for an HDMI audio extractor to plug my MixAmp TR Astro into the Xbox Series X.

I already have 2 HDMI 1080p 120hz extractors but I lose the VRR ... so I don't use them and stay in stereo.

Maybe for 1 year now a new HDMI extractor has been available with the VRR function but I can't find them !!

Thanks for the future answers! :)

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
I though MixAmp TR for Xbox supports USB connection, make sure you have the latest update. However your game chat audio knob won't work anymore... is not needed you can balance this two, on Xbox Audio options.

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
@AMG

Hey man!

So i got a XBX and now in this @#$% boat, i got a G6 with HD 599. i play on 1440p 120hz 27" monitor that has VRR and HDR. My monitor only has an analog jack out. How can i be able to keep all the good stuff and get my g6 working with my mic? Appreciate any tips as ive been researching for a few days now with no luck.

Offline Labo947

• View Profile
Hi! Thank you for your answers.

I made myself misunderstood, my Mixamp Pro TR Astro works well (voice / games ok), but since the release of the Xbox Series X I lost the Toslink S / PDIF socket, therefore the sound is not as powerful and precise because the Dolby Digital function of the Mixamp no longer works. The sound is classic stereo ...

I bought an HDMI 2.0 audio extractor at the output of the console which allows me to recover the S / PDIF socket and enjoy the Dolby Digital of the Mixamp (which is why I use them from the Xbox 360) but suddenly I lose the synchronization Freesync VRR. I almost never use it suddenly because I prefer to have a fluid game on the screen and I play in stereo with the Mixamp ... I have been playing Dolby Digital with Astro for over 10 years and returning to stereo is unpleasant for my ears !! loool

Do you know an HDMI Audio extractor that allows me to take advantage of Freesync in 1080p / 120hz and will offer me an S / PDIF optical socket ??

Offline r553

• View Profile
Hi! Thank you for your answers.

I made myself misunderstood, my Mixamp Pro TR Astro works well (voice / games ok), but since the release of the Xbox Series X I lost the Toslink S / PDIF socket, therefore the sound is not as powerful and precise because the Dolby Digital function of the Mixamp no longer works. The sound is classic stereo ...

I bought an HDMI 2.0 audio extractor at the output of the console which allows me to recover the S / PDIF socket and enjoy the Dolby Digital of the Mixamp (which is why I use them from the Xbox 360) but suddenly I lose the synchronization Freesync VRR. I almost never use it suddenly because I prefer to have a fluid game on the screen and I play in stereo with the Mixamp ... I have been playing Dolby Digital with Astro for over 10 years and returning to stereo is unpleasant for my ears !! loool

Do you know an HDMI Audio extractor that allows me to take advantage of Freesync in 1080p / 120hz and will offer me an S / PDIF optical socket ??
I haven't seen one yet, but I'll follow this conversation. I wonder if anyone has one.
The one that I purchased doesn't do VRR. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHYXVTY/

Offline Labo947

• View Profile
Yes it's HDMI 2.0 you have linked.

We need a HDMI 2.1, [email protected] possible 48gbit/s

Offline r553

• View Profile
Yes it's HDMI 2.0 you have linked.

We need a HDMI 2.1, [email protected] possible 48gbit/s

[email protected] is perfect for me since I have an XG2431. VRR is just a bonus.

Offline Labo947

• View Profile
I wanted to say that it is an HDMI 2.1 audio extractor capable of doing 4k / 120hz with 48gb / s which is necessary to make the mixamp work in Dolby Digital and keep the VRR. Even if we stay in 1080p / 120hz (I'm like that too and that's enough for me too).

I just hope that on the next Warzone, the VRR will not be necessary because currently, for me, the 120hz without VRR is not at all stable and I have lags ...

Offline EvilShotz

• View Profile
I was reading some people were saying they are using a HDMI 2.1 splitter to split their HDMI signal, one going to their monitor and the alternate to their HDMI 2.0 audio extractor so they get the benefits of the video of 2.1 and can still get an optical port for audio. Since there doesn't seem to be any audio extractors out that are HDMI 2.1