XIM Community

[RESOLVED] PLEASE RESPOND ASAP trouble working the xim  (Read 137 times)

Offline Amaar

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KingAmaar619
I got the xim for my birthday today and im so excited to use it. After i plugged in my mouse and keyboard and controller in the adapter I noticed that the xbox controller did not turn on, once i plugged the adapter to the xbox and I was freaking out. So i tried hard rebooting my xbox and it still did not work. I also do not have an extra usb cable so im not sure if i should risk buying a usb cable for my controller or is there a way I can fix this problem.

Worried customer
Amaar
[email protected]
« Last Edit: 10:03 AM - 11/24/20 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: PLEASE RESPOND ASAP trouble working the xim
« Reply #1 on: 10:08 PM - 11/19/20 »
Welcome to the community.

Almost all XIM issues are related to a faulty or power only USB cable from the controller to XIM APEX. Make sure the cable is data capable, e.g. Xbox Play & Charge cables are power only.

Try swapping the USB cable as your first troubleshooting step.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Amaar

• View Profile
Re: PLEASE RESPOND ASAP trouble working the xim
« Reply #2 on: 10:34 PM - 11/19/20 »
Thank you so much bro, I will reach out to you if it works or not! ;)

Offline Amaar

• View Profile
PLEASE RESPOND Amaar
« Reply #3 on: 03:38 PM - 11/23/20 »

I got my xim apex last weekend, and I was unable to connect my controller to the xim. My mouse and keyboard would turn on but not the controller. So I talked to a xim apex expert and he told me the problem might be the usb cable. So I bought a new cable and tried it but it still didnít work. I tried different controllers and I tried to reboot my Xbox and it still didnít work. The usb cable that I currently use is, UGREEN Micro USB Cable Nylon Braided Fast Quick Charger Cable USB to Micro USB 2.0 Android Charging Cord for Samsung Galaxy S7 S6, Note, LG, Nexus, Nokia, PS4, Xbox One Controller. FROM AMAZON. Please help me, I donít know what to do.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] PLEASE RESPOND ASAP trouble working the xim
« Reply #4 on: 05:42 PM - 11/23/20 »
Which console version are you using? Is this a new XS?

In the meantime, we can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. To do this, please remove the hub and then disconnect and reconnect APEX to the console with the controller directly connected to APEX while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare data cables please test other data cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Amaar

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] PLEASE RESPOND ASAP trouble working the xim
« Reply #5 on: 09:17 PM - 11/23/20 »
It worked sorry to waste your time sir, to fix it all I did was unplug my xim and put it back on thank you for your time. Im so excited

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] PLEASE RESPOND ASAP trouble working the xim
« Reply #6 on: 10:04 AM - 11/24/20 »
No problem, glad to hear it's working now.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos