XIM Community

Cold War: Native vs Xim  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Elnitzo

• View Profile
Cold War: Native vs Xim
« on: 01:13 PM - 11/19/20 »
Hello there,

I just bought cold war for my ps5.
As we all know cold war has native support for mouse and keyboard.

Is it still a good option to use the xim for the ps4 version of cold war instead of just using the native option?

What are the benefits.

I am a bad casual player. A little bit aim assist. Could help.

Thank you :)

Offline TheDesertShadow1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TheDesertShadow
Re: Cold War: Native vs Xim
« Reply #1 on: 04:24 PM - 11/19/20 »
Hello there,

I just bought cold war for my ps5.
As we all know cold war has native support for mouse and keyboard.

Is it still a good option to use the xim for the ps4 version of cold war instead of just using the native option?

What are the benefits.

I am a bad casual player. A little bit aim assist. Could help.

Thank you :)

Hey there!
I also bought the ps5 and tried native K&M if your a bad casual player your going
To hate it :) I searched forums to find decent setups, correct  mouse sence and all that stuff, dont get me wrong it works ok but without that aim assist you will get owned......sorry ;D I have been playing on mouse and keyboard for over 20 years way back on the original battlefield l942. Anyway Im rambling on here lol

It just goes to show how good the xim realy is, I tried native...went ok but quickly switched back to xim and just use the ps4 version of BOCW. I can honestly say i drop 20 kills + every game I love the apex and refuse to game without it ;D
Im using the BO4 St and the MJ frame setup on 800dpi this works for me and I reckon it feels better than native.
Cheers.

Offline MarshalAri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:55 PM - 11/19/20 »
My PS5 did not recognise xim apex at all. How do you do it, to make it work with PS5? I also hate that native k&m. I have both ps4 and ps5 versions of cold war.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 06:57 PM - 11/19/20 »
Use a DualShock 4 with XIM APEX and play the PS4 version of the game on PS5.

If you'd rather play the PS5 version, use a DS4 & XIM APEX on PC via PS5 RemotePlay.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline MarshalAri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:03 PM - 11/19/20 »
Thank you so much for this info. I didnít know Dualshock4 works with ps5. You know, you just saved my day. I was so pissed of, that i have to go back to my ps4 console to play cold war. Thanx mate!

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:31 AM - 11/20/20 »
The aim assist is so @#$% strong on Cold War and the strafe speed is pretty slow, so everyone is beaming with a controller. You're almost disadvantaging yourself by going native against controller players on console.

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:06 AM - 11/21/20 »
The aim assist is so @#$% strong on Cold War and the strafe speed is pretty slow, so everyone is beaming with a controller. You're almost disadvantaging yourself by going native against controller players on console.
I thought you would only be matched with other people using k&m unless you change the settings?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:06 AM - 11/21/20 »
I thought you would only be matched with other people using k&m unless you change the settings?

There has been no input-based matchmaking confirmed on Cold War from what I've seen. Not sure if crossplay has any effect on it or not.