XIM Community

COD Cold War Advanced Setup 12/22/20  (Read 22128 times)

Offline reconnect10

• View Profile
Re: COD Cold War Advanced Setup 12/22/20
« Reply #165 on: 06:45 AM - 12/30/20 »
I DO A HIP 360 AND AN ADS 180 IN 30CM "12IN". IF THIS ISN'T THE CASE FOR YOU THEN YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING WRONG!

:)
I don't understand that phrase.

Can you explain more detailed?

Offline discobiscuits

• moonrocks
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: biscojoe42
  • PSN ID: BISCOJOE-42
« Reply #166 on: 06:58 AM - 12/30/20 »
thanks for the great work, RML
XSX/PS4 Pro/PC (Intel Core i7-4790K GeForce GTX 970) | Sony Nav x2 | G502 HERO x2 | G PRO HERO |  Ducky One TKL PBT Blue LED | HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Red LED (Cherry MX Reds x2) | Zowie G-SR & Glorious XL Gaming Mousepads | Dell S2721DGF/ASUS VG245H/BenQ XL2411Z | Astro A40+MixAmp Pro TR x2 | Astro HDMI to Optical Adapter (for XSX)

Discord: discobiscuits#2478

Offline Walle90

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 11:20 AM - 12/30/20 »
First of all i wanna thank you for great setups RML!!

Unfortunately I'm having problems with this particularly one. Its very fast, nearly twice as fast. I do a little over two 360s on HIPS and on ADS almost a full 360. Never had a problem with your setups before and almost never changes the sensitivity from yours.

I did a facoryreset on my APEX, copied your full configuration and used your exact settings in game options. Xim's at 500hz and my GPRO 1000hz 12k DPI.

I'm playing on PS4 PRO 60hz.

What do you think is the problem?  :)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 04:34 PM - 12/30/20 »

Unfortunately I'm having problems with this particularly one. Its very fast, nearly twice as fast. I do a little over two 360s on HIPS and on ADS almost a full 360. Never had a problem with your setups before and almost never changes the sensitivity from yours.

I did a facoryreset on my APEX, copied your full configuration and used your exact settings in game options. Xim's at 500hz and my GPRO 1000hz 12k DPI.

Sounds like something is a miss. There's quite a bit going on with this setup, Make sure you double check all settings as multiple things could cause this. Alot of folks are missing a step here or there, most say it's too slow!  ???

Offline Walle90

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 04:41 PM - 12/31/20 »

Sounds like something is a miss. There's quite a bit going on with this setup, Make sure you double check all settings as multiple things could cause this. Alot of folks are missing a step here or there, most say it's too slow!  ???

I really dont know what the problem is. I tried a new usb hub, new cables, the same mouse (Viper Ultimate 12k dpi 1000hz) but nothing works. At 4000 DPI I do a 360 and nearly a 180 in ADS. My xim's running the latest betafirmware and set to 500hz in global menu.

Tried setting it up like 10 times now and reset my XIM at least 3 times but with the same result. If it's worth mentioning I tried your MW 2019 config and it's working fine. A 360 on HIP and a 180 on ADS. Both configurations is very similar except the sensitivity? Why do you have it so much higher on CW 12 vs 5? Is it because of the games different in game sensitivity or do you play at lower DPI?

Do you have the same sensitivity on Xbox One X or is it lower?

Going crazy here? :o Thanks again and happy new year mate!!
« Last Edit: 10:47 AM - 01/01/21 by Walle90 »

Offline HanSolo82

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 05:04 AM - 01/01/21 »
Thanks RML. Tested this out and Im digging it. I actually have my mouse at 16k DPI. It felt slow at first but your 360 turn is very similar to mine so a few tweaks here and there and it feels good now, no stuttering or anything.
Only difference is that I'm not using the curve and my in game deadzone is set at 8 and not 10, which is just my personal preference of course. Again thanks for taking the time to share this. Happy new years. Cheers Mate.

Offline hsjyes

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TehEno
« Reply #171 on: 11:39 PM - 01/01/21 »
Works well, thanks RML.

Though, I am keeping my XIM at 1000hz and I am using 4k dpi for the mouse, just needed to up the sensitivities is all, but works a treat.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 03:52 AM - 01/04/21 »
Hi, check out my "COD COLD WAR - TIGHT + FAST SETTINGS". These are done with PC so cant say are these working on consoles, moght be better with higher fps / Hz.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 03:57 PM - 01/05/21 »

I really dont know what the problem is. I tried a new usb hub, new cables, the same mouse (Viper Ultimate 12k dpi 1000hz) but nothing works. At 4000 DPI I do a 360 and nearly a 180 in ADS. My xim's running the latest betafirmware and set to 500hz in global menu.

Tried setting it up like 10 times now and reset my XIM at least 3 times but with the same result. If it's worth mentioning I tried your MW 2019 config and it's working fine. A 360 on HIP and a 180 on ADS. Both configurations is very similar except the sensitivity? Why do you have it so much higher on CW 12 vs 5? Is it because of the games different in game sensitivity or do you play at lower DPI?

The only difference between the two is I was playing CW at 120hz and MW at 60hz. And maybe FOV, don't remember.

Offline Suntgata

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 10:28 PM - 01/07/21 »
I play on a 32" curved monitor at 1440p 120hz. GIGABYTE G32QC. These settings just made it weird, maybe because I use steelseries 310 mouse? But what I did learn grom this config and what I've been usinf is that having xim at 500hz and your hip + ads sync on default is good enough. Im sure people use their own prefereferences so as long as you feel that AA at 500hz and default sync you can abuse it to your liking.

EDIT: I just want to point out that I've been playing at 1000hz Common sync and I hated it. Im playing at 500hz default sync and I honestly can tell a huge difference. Of course Im using different hip and ads sensitivity and X/Y ration and I added steady aim on xim and my mouse software. Aimbot like never before. Thank you.

Offline Walle90

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 04:13 AM - 01/13/21 »

The only difference between the two is I was playing CW at 120hz and MW at 60hz. And maybe FOV, don't remember.

Thanks for your help RML. Got my Xbox Series yesterday and can confirm that all is working perfectly now! What a huge difference it is between the two systems. Feels so much smoother on Xbox! :)

Offline DEMENT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DEMENT__
« Reply #176 on: 10:56 AM - 01/13/21 »
I give this setup a 8/10.

Before I go too far in my review, I'm on a PS4 which may be a major impact in different experiences between you and me.

It feels amazing af, but I feel kinda accelerated too much when turning left or right (could be just me). Caused me to miss my target a lot with AA off, but with AA on, I was much more accurate as it would stop me from over turning. (Even changing dpi from 16k-20k) should note that I play on 120 FOV, and I can't go back under that FOV, it feels way too weird going under 120 once you have played with it enough. But your settings do have their pros I very much love

In the end, I went back to using the regular Cold War st w/ no curves and no AA.
4k DPI with slight changes to the x/y dead zone. This setting worked best for me.
Gaming: PS4
Audio: Astro Mixmamp TR PRO/FiiO E09K -> AKG K702/Modmic 5
Control: Xim Apex -> Hp Standard Keyboard/G502
PSN: DEMENT__
Youtube: Voltaik Entertainment

Admin