XIM Community

HERE IS HOW YOU USE THE XIM APEX TO PLAY PS5 GAMES ON THE PS5  (Read 33698 times)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Wow that sounds promising and very exciting!

It is better to not get any hopes up. Simply because Sony could fix the exploit via System Software Update AND change the encryption keys for controllers via DualSense firmware update. It is all very easily doable for Sony.

Despite that, noone knows if failoverflow will release the hack publicly. They can get good money from Sony for bug bounty program andnever release the exploit details publicly.

Offline Bloodklot

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: L337AZN
Yeah, they did get in trouble legally with Sony in the past for this.  The only reason why I thought it was promising was when they did this on the PS3, (just like now with the PS5) they attained the root keys.  Sony didnít seem to have any answer to stop it.  At that time, Call of Duty World at War was completely corrupted and a hot mess.  They couldnít fix it.  I think even now if you start up that game on the PS3, itís still hacked to death (auto aim, people flying around, broken textures). Iím not exactly sure how attaining root keys affect games globally and that part of it really sucks, but from my limited understanding, having root keys is pretty much unanswerable.  However I do see them maybe making a deal with Sony. That part seems like a possibility.
« Last Edit: 12:46 PM - 11/10/21 by Bloodklot »

Offline Cookies2Eat

• View Profile
Hey!
I would like to use my xim apex with PS5 using RemotePlay.
I have CronusMax Plus and two DS4v1.
Do I really need DS4v2 to use RP?
I heard some people are using T2 which can trick system and appear as DSv2 for RP (or maybe I just misunderstood)
Maybe someone checked it already or if has old DS4 and Cronus can check it?

I believe our developers will crack DualSense in future. I don't want to buy new Dual Shock to use it for let's say 3 months and then just put it in drawer.

I can't try it myself now because I'll get PS5 at beginning of December. I'm already in my home country and I can buy new DS4v2 cheaper than in country where I'm living and working.

Eventually maybe there is cheaper option? Like hori mini or something I can buy instead of DS4v2?
I'll also have my old PS4 and I can use it for RemotePlay. If I'm using PS4 for RP do I need DS4v2?

I'm still not sure which option is better...

If anyone know the answer I would appreciate it!
« Last Edit: 10:39 AM - 11/15/21 by Cookies2Eat »

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
Hey!
I heard some people are using T2 which can trick system and appear as DSv2 for RP (or maybe I just misunderstood)

I believe our developers will crack DualSense in future. I don't want to buy new Dual Shock to use it for let's say 3 months and then just put it in drawer.

I can't try it myself now because I'll get PS5 at beginning of December. I'm already in my home country and I can buy new DS4v2 cheaper than in country where I'm living and working.

Eventually maybe there is cheaper option? Like hori mini or something I can buy instead of DS4v2?
I'll also have my old PS4 and I can use it for RemotePlay. If I'm using PS4 for RP do I need DS4v2?

Dude why all this mess.
I'm playing ps5 games on remote play with xim apex(kb&mouse)and
Dual sense.  That's it my guy. I even posted a video or two in this thread

Offline Cookies2Eat

• View Profile
Dual sense.

So why DSv2 is mentioned in almost every thread about RemotePlay? I'll try to read this thread again in free time and check your posts.

Offline Syko7

• View Profile
Hey!

Dude why all this mess.
Dual sense.  That's it my guy. I even posted a video or two in this thread

How do you get it stable? Everytime i try using the duel sence from remote play (pc) it keeps messing up and i have to unplug the apex and plug back in. I switched to DSv2 and it never messes up.

Offline Se7eNpog

• View Profile
A little while ago I read that multiple solutions are in developement for the Xim Apex - Dualsense barrier.
On Friday the PS5 turns 1, for Europeans at least and I'm super happy with the console but a solution for the Dualsense problem would be the icing on the cake. Remote play works good and its an easy setup but I still miss the simplicity of hooking it up directly adn taking it everwhere you want without being dependent on a PC or Notebook.
Is it realistic to hope for a solution this year or should we prepare to wait a little longer?

Offline sennsoph

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: VEX-043

Hi all. Im experiencing brief moments of weird input. For a second or maybe 2, the input does what it whats. Like spinning around real fast. Sometimes in the heat of the moment, i loose battles because of this. Most of the time it just works fine. But now and then it just goes wild. Any ideas?

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile

Hi all. Im experiencing brief moments of weird input. For a second or maybe 2, the input does what it whats. Like spinning around real fast. Sometimes in the heat of the moment, i loose battles because of this. Most of the time it just works fine. But now and then it just goes wild. Any ideas?
try to use your controller instead if this weird inputs prevails then are RP related, but I prety sure is your XIM working with a unsupported/trained ST

Offline Nameuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Lazan99
  • PSN ID: Lazan99
Have u solved the problem yet comeonnnn make a new xim or somthing...

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori

It's not thier problem to fix.

How exactly do they force sony to allow 3rd party controllers

Offline yashveer1327

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Beaulo_01_TSM
Xim apex config. 
Call of Duty Vanguard

https://shrinke.me/UEa7EH

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile

Are you trolling? Because that post was silly and completely unreasonable.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Rubi_Radar

• View Profile
Guys, why all the guides to remote play method says that DSv2 is needed to play?
Its works great with DualSense.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Guys, why all the guides to remote play method says that DSv2 is needed to play?
Its works great with DualSense.

Yea it does.

I'm using a dualsense to remote play. You can use either controller.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Admin