XIM Community

HERE IS HOW YOU USE THE XIM APEX TO PLAY PS5 GAMES ON THE PS5  (Read 13882 times)

Offline stratox

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: StratO_ox
From the video I watched apparently when you have remote play going out defaults your audio on PS5 to something other than what you had it set to (usb headset for example). So you need to manually set it back to usb headset on your PS5 after you've started up remote play. There's a video explaining this.

I just need to buy a Gigabit ethernet network switch and a couple of ethernet cables. I sure would love actual pictures to go along with this how to regarding remote play setup. I also read people using chiaki? (forgot what it's called and PS play I think it's called over the remote play Playstation app for the pc. Can I get the actual names of the alternative choices?

I do that, after I connect the PS Remote everything works perfect but the MIC does not, then when I change it manual to USB it changes and stops working the rest, I also downloaded chiaki but the truth I could never make the xim work there, someone who uses chiaki can tell if it is the same procedure as PS Remote play.

Offline maasman

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wCbriLL
  • PSN ID: wCbriLL
Did any one tried remote play on the PS4? Because there was An update you can remote play with your ps5 and play ps5 games with your ds4

Online facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
OK good news, found a local retailer in Mexico, I made my order there. I might get this update kit faster, hopefully at the end of the week.

May need your help getting mine set up when it gets here as well so we should have two of us checking it out. It says it should be here Friday

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
OK good news, found a local retailer in Mexico, I made my order there. I might get this update kit faster, hopefully at the end of the week.

May need your help getting mine set up when it gets here as well so we should have two of us checking it out. It says it should be here Friday
Awesome, for sure... you can count with it, is pretty easy to setup.  ;)

Offline AskingAllTheTime

• View Profile
I just set up chiaki and as I was not expecting, there is basically no input delay, the only problem is that Spotify doesnt work :))

Offline stratox

• View Profile
I just set up chiaki and as I was not expecting, there is basically no input delay, the only problem is that Spotify doesnt work :))
How you connect chiaki to xim? Same like ps remote? Can you tell me step by step what you do please!

Offline stratox

• View Profile
Chiaki dosnt work with DualSense?

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
HERE IS HOW YOU USE THE XIM APEX TO PLAY PS5 GAMES ON THE PS5
« Reply #97 on: 03:15 AM - 09/16/21 »
Chiaki dosnt work with DualSense?

You need DS4Windows to get Chiaki to work with the DualSense:
https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

You will also need to set your XIM response rate / polling rate to 250hz or you will have desync issues (Purple Flashing Lights)

But if you overclock your DualSense's polling rate to 1000hz then you can use whatever Response / Polling rate you like.

https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf

Forum I found the tool on:
https://www.overclock.net/threads/usb-mouse-hard-overclocking-2000-hz.1589644/

I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Online facade

• MVP
    • View Profile

Awesome, for sure... you can count with it, is pretty easy to setup.  ;)

Well damnit. I didn't know I needed buttons to actually set this up. I received both the UFB & PS5 kit and put them together but I can't install the firmware because it wants me to press start + share and I have no buttons.

Glances at old PS3 fightstick that no longer works for anything

or do i....

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Do you have any wires?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Online facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
The fightstick is an old SF 4 TE edition that pretty much only works for some PS4 & PS3 games. I'm currently opening it up to see if I can take out the start & select button + wires.

If it works it works, if not nothing is lost and wife will be happy that it's not sitting in the dresser anymore.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
Awesome, facade!.

Well, no need you can either go to a local electronic shop and get a pair of simple push press button like this:

Or just... hot wire, closing the circuit like turning on a car, LOL.
Just make sure you are connecting together once.
Ground with Share button == Pressing Share,
Ground and Start == Pressing Start.
Don't worry is very low DC, is safe it won't electrocute you.

Mine is on hold, fricking lazy @#$% ship service didn't work today.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile

Select is Share

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes if you have some wires, just connect those pins to ground.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
This is awesome, so exciting lol.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559