XIM Community

HERE IS HOW YOU USE THE XIM APEX TO PLAY PS5 GAMES ON THE PS5  (Read 28879 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
A desktop would be preferable due to more GPU grunt for PS Remote and an ethernet connection for minimal network lag, but it should work on a Macbook.

I use Mac myself, but unfortunately I don't have a PS5 to test. I never had an issue with PS4 Remote Play on an iMac 2013 using a XIM APEX or Titan Two, if that's of any help.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
Just wanted to let people know that you can use a v1 controller if you run through a titan 2. I am currently using this setup. I tried just the v1 controller with the xim and it didnít work as was said before. But adding the titan 2 and having it set to PS4 it works great.
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Morgs91
I tried this out and whilst it isnt perfect it will do if you are desperate to play PS5 games with a XIM.

question tho, all of my button bindings are all over the place, for e.g its programed fire as Left mouse click button, but when plugged into the pc fire is Q. no settings are changed in the xim manager. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
There will always be input lag, or more correctly in the case of PS Remote Play, network lag + input lag.

Remote Play is essentially a video feed from the console to the Remote Play app. How it performs depends on Remote Play settings, video bandwidth, video encoding / decoding, local network traffic, wireless interference etc. Ethernet is the fastest and most reliable network infrastructure, but there will still be lag in the video feed, probably in the vicinity of 100+ms.

The remote server "Stadia feature" of DualSense isn't as miraculous as it appears. All it does is remove one link in the chain by bypassing the computer (or console in PS5 Remote Play on PS4) to ping your local router directly from the controller. This will likely save only a few ms or so in each direction, which is almost no saving at all. All of the bigger lag inducers are still upstream on the local or wide area network.

Try the PS Remote Play app - it'll probably feel ok for single-player, but you should notice some lag for online multiplayer. It'll be better than not playing PS5 games at all, but installing the PS4 game version on PS5 will be less laggy than Remote Play. DualSense controllers don't (yet) work with XIM APEX, but I doubt Remote Play is significantly less laggy given the roundtrip saving is at the first and fastest link in the chain.

Let us know how you get on with the Remote Play test :)
Ok now it's running with almost 0 input lag. I don't know if there is input lag, how to measure it?

At the moment it is nearly not noticble, I have to play some rounds in BOCW to test it.

My Setup:

PC --> Displayport
PS5 --> HDMI1

XIM Apex is in PC. Mouse, keyboard and DS4 V2 connected in XIM Apex.

Remote Play on PC. Start Remote Play. When it's started and running than change DP --> HDMI1, so you have the video source directly from PS5. (not the Remote with only 1080p and @#$% quality)

I have to play some rounds without it und with the setup, I will see, if I notice the input lag and get worser results.

« Last Edit: 08:36 AM - 11/26/20 by Sorothos »

Offline Scream

• View Profile
I must try this when I get home. I have been playing with no sound for past 2 weeks, because PS screwed me on the optical cable.

EDIT : seems to be working, but key bindings are all messed up :(

EDIT2 : I should of read the other posts. But it looks like itís working with the newer DS4
« Last Edit: 02:09 PM - 11/27/20 by Scream »

Offline Bronxstalker

• View Profile
whats even better my astros now work proply and have surround sound and all equalizer settings and can play in 120hz mode as it bypasses not needed a splitter

Iím a noob at understanding this.   Does this mean 4k 120hz mode without the need for a 2.1 hdmi monitor? 

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Morgs91
I must try this when I get home. I have been playing with no sound for past 2 weeks, because PS screwed me on the optical cable.

EDIT : seems to be working, but key bindings are all messed up :(

are you playing D2? there is an issue atm that the remote play picks up a ds4 as a psvita. hopefully itll get fixed

Offline OneStepBeyond

• View Profile
Doesn't work for me, at least with Destiny 2. It won't recognize sprinting or using the ghost. The xim apex blinks red when I hold the sprint key. I rebinded the keys and it's still the same issue.

This is the same config that I have been using with zero errors on the PS4. Also using a V2 dualshock controller so that' not an issue either.
Mouse:Logitech G502 HERO
Keyboard: Logitech G610

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Doesn't work for me, at least with Destiny 2. It won't recognize sprinting or using the ghost. The xim apex blinks red when I hold the sprint key. I rebinded the keys and it's still the same issue.

This is the same config that I have been using with zero errors on the PS4. Also using a V2 dualshock controller so that' not an issue either.

See the comment right above yours ;).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline FreshNsoClean

• MVP
  • Your #1 Broski
    • View Profile
A little tip for those running PS Remote Play.  Make sure you have it in the foreground 540p on your PC.  Don't have it minimized.  I personally noticed a big difference in input lag.  I originally thought it would be better minimized since it would use less GPU but it looks like it's better to just keep it up so your PC will allocate the proper resources to run optimized.

Offline Inzagis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: karolinamija
Bi guys, many yers I'm using xim, now buy it ps5. Anyone know when uodate come out? Want play 120hz :)

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
Got myself a v2 controller on ebay for $20 shipped and everything works great on remote play

Offline Inzagis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: karolinamija
To many thing use it.. Remote play, I dont have comouter :D just normally asknwhen it's planing to come or need change to xbox x, cuz ps5 never work it?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
To many thing use it.. Remote play, I dont have comouter :D just normally asknwhen it's planing to come or need change to xbox x, cuz ps5 never work it?

For Remote Play you can also use a PS4 or a Mac, you dont have to use a PC :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
I did remote play with COD warzone. The input lag was not very noticeable.  It was really smooth play if your video source is directly from the ps5 and not using the remote play for video

Admin