XIM Community

HERE IS HOW YOU USE THE XIM APEX TO PLAY PS5 GAMES ON THE PS5  (Read 28866 times)

Offline cd_da1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: cd_da1
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS CONNECT TO YOUR COMPUTER USING REMOTE PLAY AND AND USE THE PS4 CONTROLLER AS YOU WOULD USING THE PS4 REMOTE PLAY AMD YOU CAN PLAY THE NEW CALL OF DUTY COLD WAR FOR PS5

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
you are better off just using the ps4 version of Cold War
Also I don't think remote play works with Xim either

Offline cd_da1

• View Profile
IT DOES WORK YOU HAVE TO GO TO SETTINGS AND JUST LIKE THE PS4 YOU HAVE TO SWITCH THE CONTROLLER TO WIRED AND TURN ON THE REMOTE PLAY FROM THE PS5

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
what settings?
can you give a step by step detail on how to do this?
« Last Edit: 12:26 AM - 11/19/20 by sheryip »

Offline cd_da1

• View Profile
YOU GO TO SETTINGS AND CHANGE THE SETTINGS TO THE CONTROLLER FROM WIRELESS TO WIRED THEN GO TO REMOTE PLAY ALSO IN THE SETTINGS AND TURN IT ON THEN YOU PLUG THE XIM APEX INTO YOUR COMPUTER DOWNLOAD THE REMOTE PLAY ON YOUR COMPUTER AND FOLLOW THE STEPS THEN CONNECT THE REMOTE PLAY THE SAME WAY YOU DO WITH THE PS4 BUT SINCE THE NEW COD COLD WAR ISN'T UPLOADED YET I'M USING THE MODERN WARFARE SETTINGS BUT REALLY IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE COD SETTINGS FOR THE XIM SO EVERYTHING YOU DO TO SET UP REMOTE PLAY FOR THE PS4 YOU DO THE SAME SAME FOR THE PS5 BUT INSTEAD OF USING THE PS5 CONTROLLER YOU USE THE PS4 CONTROLLER

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
what settings? the one on ps5 system settings ?  if so that setting is not for a dualshock 4 controller. it's only for the dualsense controller.

Are you using a windows or Mac?  Do you have a Titan attached to your Apex?

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
  • Australian Youtuber 2k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
Can confirm this works and great to! im going to make the post a tad easier to read as being in caps made it hard to understand

step 1 download playstation remote play on pc
step 2 Sign into your psn account on the pc remote play app
step 3 plug your xim into pc
step 4 make sure remote play is on in Ps5 menu settings
step 6 connect to your ps5 via remote play on the pc
step 6 done

Good find working great no issues or noticable delay so far

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
    • View Profile
whats even better my astros now work proply and have surround sound and all equalizer settings and can play in 120hz mode as it bypasses not needed a splitter

Offline Scurgo

• View Profile
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS CONNECT TO YOUR COMPUTER USING REMOTE PLAY AND AND USE THE PS4 CONTROLLER AS YOU WOULD USING THE PS4 REMOTE PLAY AMD YOU CAN PLAY THE NEW CALL OF DUTY COLD WAR FOR PS5

Don't do that. This will destroy your capslock button.  ;)

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
    • View Profile
Also side note if you have poor internet like me i was streaming my remote play off 4G and it did start to have a lag feeling but was more than playable this is nice for people that just cannot play without a xim and or want better audio then @#$% HDMI audio

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thats a nice workaround until Obsiv solved the PS5 compatibility, thanks for sharing. It will obviously add some delay though, maybe someone with good gear can measure the total input lag? Also I would recommend to use this over Ethernet for less lag.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
So long story short - PS5 games are playable with a XIM using a DualShock 4 via PS5 RemotePlay?

I noticed there's a PS5 RemotePlay app on PS4 too, so that should work in addition to PC, Mac and possibly mobile.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
How big is the input lag?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
antithesis dont you have the leo bodnar input lag tester? Or was it headhunter?
Either way if someone has it then maybe test the inputlag of the remote play setup, that would be much appreciated! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Internet should be obviously laggy. Wireless should be noticeable. Ethernet less so. All of them will create additional lag.

It might be okay for single-player games, but I'd be hesitant to use RemotePlay for online multiplayer.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts