XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Does this happen to anyone else????  (Read 294 times)

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: braydo2010
[ACTIVE] Does this happen to anyone else????
« on: 01:46 PM - 11/16/20 »
When in game, if I hold a button down (not including ADS button or Fire button), my sensitivity will all of a sudden go through the roof on my mouse!  For example: In Cold War, if I hold my lethal equipment button down to cook a grenade or hold my reload button down to reload (as to not accidentally pick up another weapon on the floor), my sensitivity on my mouse goes so high that i cant even control it until I release that button.  This obviously makes it difficult to do these actions while still trying to move around the map.  Has this happened to anyone else??  Is there a setting on my XIM Apex that I am not aware of??

Same thing in Warzone.  I've never been able to utilize the "drop shot" method, because every time I hold the crouch button down to go prone, I cant aim because my sensitivity just goes haywire!  PLEASE HELP!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Does this happen to anyone else????
« Reply #1 on: 02:01 PM - 11/16/20 »
Check you secondary keyboard settings or auxilliary profiles. Sounds like a button is set to increase your sensitivity when held down.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:21 PM - 11/16/20 »
Check you secondary keyboard settings or auxilliary profiles. Sounds like a button is set to increase your sensitivity when held down.

Thanks for your reply!  I believe I did check that already as that was my first assumption.  I will check again and let you know.  However, it happens with more than just one button....so weird and confusing!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:26 PM - 11/17/20 »
So I double checked and I do not have any secondary keybinds or auxilliary profiles.  Any other thoughts??  Anyone from the Xim team that could comment on this by chance?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:12 PM - 11/17/20 »
Does this happen in another game when using a new default config?

Also, could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:26 AM - 11/18/20 »
When in game, if I hold a button down (not including ADS button or Fire button), my sensitivity will all of a sudden go through the roof on my mouse!  For example: In Cold War, if I hold my lethal equipment button down to cook a grenade or hold my reload button down to reload (as to not accidentally pick up another weapon on the floor), my sensitivity on my mouse goes so high that i cant even control it until I release that button.  This obviously makes it difficult to do these actions while still trying to move around the map.  Has this happened to anyone else??  Is there a setting on my XIM Apex that I am not aware of??

Same thing in Warzone.  I've never been able to utilize the "drop shot" method, because every time I hold the crouch button down to go prone, I cant aim because my sensitivity just goes haywire!  PLEASE HELP!

It's normal behaviour for the Xim. and not tied to a particular game.
it's a very short period of time usually while changing from a rifle/sub to a pistol  or changing to a nade, the sense goes nuts. We all just deal with it subconsciously, usually but not moving the mouse under those conditions.

But before I get jumped on by others who have never noticed it,  it doesn't always happen and it may not actually be anything to do with the Xim, It might even happen with a controller, but it wouldn't be noticed on a controller, like a lot of things we see on Mouse are not noticed on controller.
« Last Edit: 05:59 AM - 11/18/20 by AgentSmith »

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:35 PM - 11/19/20 »
Does this happen in another game when using a new default config?

Also, could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

I use the G502 Hero mouse and the Sony Nav.  Neither are wireless.  No other extras.  In playing last night it seems to be happening mostly (or maybe only) when pushing/holding the reload button which is bound to the trigger button on the Nav.  So in warzone that same button is used to reload, pick up loot, open doors, and revive a downed teammate.  It really only has a negative effect on my gameplay when holding the reload button down as I am normally trying to move around or in the middle of fight.  Its not a HUGE issue and I have been dealing with it just fine, but it is a little annoying at times.  Especially when playing multiplayer on MW and Cold War when there are multiple guns on the ground and I cant just tap reload or it will pick up a gun, so I have to hold it down.  Its gotten me killed a few times not being able to move as I normally do right at that moment.  I am starting to think its only when holding down a button on the Nav that it effects my sensitivity on my mouse.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Does this happen to anyone else????
« Reply #7 on: 05:38 PM - 11/19/20 »
Thanks for the extra info. The trigger for your nav might be assigned as the ADS page's activation key. It could also be assigned to another button in either primary or secondary button assignments for an active page in the config.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos