XIM Community

Dear Obsiv - PS5 Question  (Read 981 times)

Offline sb20304

• View Profile
Dear Obsiv - PS5 Question
« on: 05:45 AM - 11/16/20 »
Hi Obsiv and others,

Is there a rough date on the ps5 patch for zim?

Been looking at buying zim for a long time now.

Many thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Dear Obsiv - PS5 Question
« Reply #1 on: 12:20 PM - 11/16/20 »
Welcome to the community. PS5 isn't straight forward and we should expect that if it is possible to support, it may take awhile.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:22 PM - 11/16/20 »
Welcome to the community. PS5 isn't straight forward and we should expect that if it is possible to support, it may take awhile.

Any idea if “a while” would be days, or weeks, or longer? I imagine it’s probably a bit of unknown, but was just curious if there is a vague idea at all. Thanks.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:33 PM - 11/16/20 »

Any idea if “a while” would be days, or weeks, or longer? I imagine it’s probably a bit of unknown, but was just curious if there is a vague idea at all. Thanks.
Be patient friend, the fact that "if it is possible to support" sentence is has been written, so there is the possibility that it won't supported, so don't pressure.

Enjoy your PS4 games meanwhile.

Offline YourMomsHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:23 PM - 11/16/20 »
The reason why ps5 takes longer is because xbox controller is relatively the same but the ps5 controller is completely new.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:22 PM - 11/16/20 »
DualSense is pretty amazing tho, I know as XIM player we don't run vibration/feedback and who knows is dev are going to jump in on developing it, but man is pretty good.

Offline warzoneking

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:38 PM - 11/16/20 »
need to just make a pinned thread at this point lol. it's like they dont read the the hundred other posts

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:20 PM - 11/16/20 »
DualSense is pretty amazing tho, I know as XIM player we don't run vibration/feedback and who knows is dev are going to jump in on developing it, but man is pretty good.

The dualsense is great. Looking forward to seeing more games make use of the features.

I wish there was a in game option to disable the adaptive trigger function though in Fortnite. It doesn’t work well in that game. It basically just adds a slight road bump and therefore a delay in shooting. It can be disabled in the console settings at least.

The biggest thing for me with the dualsense is no back buttons / paddles. I miss those so much. Fortnite for me without Xim or at least back paddles is hard. Never found claw grip comfortable personally. Wish could at least use the DualShock 4 and have the back buttons or the potential that it would work with Xim on the PS5.

Admin