XIM Community

Monitor suggestions?  (Read 780 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Monitor suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: 02:32 AM - 11/19/20 »
From what I read a whole ago display port also supports the new HDMI features do if say yes, you are fine then.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 03:56 AM - 11/19/20 »
From what I read a whole ago display port also supports the new HDMI features do if say yes, you are fine then.
Yeet. I just need to wait for the cables or adapters to come out  8)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08:08 AM - 11/19/20 »
By the way antithesis i just tried if the PS5 supports the BT-W2 adapter and it does, the adapter also supports 3D audio so you you dont need an HDMI audio extractor with the X7. Means you can use the extractor for the Xbox then to have both connected at the same time.

Currently the PS5 doesnt support 3D audio over HDMI but only through connected headsets attached either to the controller/console directly or via bluetooth. The BT-W2 falls into the bluetooth category and therefore 3D audio works (which btw is amazing!).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #18 on: 10:00 AM - 11/19/20 »
By the way antithesis i just tried if the PS5 supports the BT-W2 adapter and it does, the adapter also supports 3D audio so you you dont need an HDMI audio extractor with the X7. Means you can use the extractor for the Xbox then to have both connected at the same time.

Currently the PS5 doesnt support 3D audio over HDMI but only through connected headsets attached either to the controller/console directly or via bluetooth. The BT-W2 falls into the bluetooth category and therefore 3D audio works (which btw is amazing!).
Very nice! I run my consoles through a TOSlink matrix and HDMI audio extractor, but both will need to be upgraded for 120Hz support.

I'm looking forward to your feedback on the PS5. I'm holding off on next-gen consoles until mid-next year, but not by choice. We can't even submit a preorder in Oz until at least January  :-\

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:07 AM - 11/19/20 »
Sure man, though im already quite sure that you made the better choice going with the Xbox over the PS5. Xbox is ticking all the boxes this gen while Sony is still busy smashing lots of bugs.
You dont want to know how many bugs i already encountered today, and ive only been using the console for a few hours so far...
Also theres a flowchart on options you should stick to in order to avoid bricking your console, i mean just think about how ridiculous THAT is...

None of that is relevant to casuals though and therefore hardly gets picked up in the media.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #20 on: 05:54 PM - 11/19/20 »
Also theres a flowchart on options you should stick to in order to avoid bricking your console, i mean just think about how ridiculous THAT is...
Ooof  :o

Offline discobiscuits

• 🌲 👽 🌲
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel
  • PSN ID: BISCOJOE-42
« Reply #21 on: 01:33 AM - 11/20/20 »
You guys beat me to it :) I just found out that my BenQ XL2411Z wonít be able to do 120hz over HDMI. So what do i need to purchase in order for it to work? Do i need a display port adapter or should i just buy a new monitor?

Also od1n, will my turtlebeach dss2 work for the ps5? could someone provide me some information on what i should do, buy a new monitor, buy a displayport adapter?

should i buy the xbox series x instead of ps5? only problem is my games i already have on ps4 like cod cold war that are for ps5 and i have a yearly PS plus sub. iíve always had playstation and do like it.

should i be single strobing on my console/xl2411z? if so, what duty/phase?
« Last Edit: 03:10 AM - 11/20/20 by discobiscuits »
PS4 Pro & PC | Logitech G Pro HERO | Zowie G-SR Mousepad | Zowie Camade Bungee | BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz Monitor | Ducky One TKL Cherry Red O-Rings

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/biscojoe/
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thediscobiscuits
COD: MW/Warzone/Cold War Activision ID: BISCOJOE-42#9274961

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:23 AM - 11/20/20 »
You guys beat me to it :) I just found out that my BenQ XL2411Z wonít be able to do 120hz over HDMI. So what do i need to purchase in order for it to work? Do i need a display port adapter or should i just buy a new monitor?

Also od1n, will my turtlebeach dss2 work for the ps5? could someone provide me some information on what i should do, buy a new monitor, buy a displayport adapter?

should i buy the xbox series x instead of ps5? only problem is my games i already have on ps4 like cod cold war that are for ps5 and i have a yearly PS plus sub. iíve always had playstation and do like it.

should i be single strobing on my console/xl2411z? if so, what duty/phase?

I actually havent look into that but i already read quite some comments that HDMI to Displayport cables should work without problems. Buying a new monitor doesnt make any sense right now given that there are no monitors that tick all boxes (4k, low latency, HDR, HDMI 2.1, ...).

For your turtle beach you will need an HDMI audio extractor so you can connect your DSS2 to the adapters optical port, but Sony doesnt support 3D audio over HDMI for now so you might want to explore other options first which for example involve connecting your gear directly to the controller (until better options are available).

Im currently streaming my PS5 audio over bluetooth to get the 3D audio, while bluetooth streaming doesnt have the best bitrate it still sounds miles better (as in more immersive) than listening to the non-3D HDMI audio.

Offline discobiscuits

• 🌲 👽 🌲
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel
  • PSN ID: BISCOJOE-42
« Reply #23 on: 12:09 PM - 11/20/20 »
so should i buy the displayport adapter for my monitor now to be able to use it at 120hz with ps5 until 4k monitors are an option? also what do i need to buy for my dss2? hdmi audio extractor? idk what that is lol

edit: problem is, my xl2411z doesnít have a displayport and doesnít the ps5 not have a dp either?
« Last Edit: 12:49 PM - 11/20/20 by discobiscuits »
PS4 Pro & PC | Logitech G Pro HERO | Zowie G-SR Mousepad | Zowie Camade Bungee | BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz Monitor | Ducky One TKL Cherry Red O-Rings

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/biscojoe/
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thediscobiscuits
COD: MW/Warzone/Cold War Activision ID: BISCOJOE-42#9274961

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:46 AM - 11/21/20 »
TFT central have a couple of well worth a read articles regarding next gen gaming consoles, if i were in the market for next gen monitors i would prolly hold out until later on next year if you can.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/hdmi_2.1.htm

This one becomes public on monday some very good info.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/console_monitors.htm

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:33 AM - 11/22/20 »
I dont think the xl24 monitors support 120fps over HDMI, you would need an HDMI to Displayport cable for that.

FYI, my HDMI to display port conversion cable doesnít work with the series X

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:23 AM - 11/23/20 »
Thanks for the information RML, that is indeed good to know!

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:57 PM - 11/26/20 »
For new XBox Seriex X I recently bought LG UltraGear 27GN950, which has all the required capabilities, such as:
* 120hz with 1440p over HDMI
* 60hz with 4K over HDMI
* fixed, nor the variable rate
* HDR10 and VESA HDR600
* HDMI 2.0 support - you don't need HDMI 2.1 for 120hz+4K as Xbox doesn't support it
* FreeSync Pro support

So I can attest it works well with XBox X

Admin